• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragonball Kai

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
Seeing as this has become more or less a general Dragon Ball thread, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that FUNimation has put up a survey regarding the release of future Dragon Boxes for Dragon Ball, GT and the 17 movies.
News update here: http://daizex.com/
Survey here (and linked in news story): http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/...

If I can offer my humble advice:
1) Use the explanation boxes to ask for releases of other products Dragon Ball related.
2) Vote for DB or GT, as FUNi already has the 13 Z Movies, and there's a possibility that acquiring the DB masters gets them those 4 movies.
3)Throw something in about TV Specials/OVAs.
4)List Z as your least favorite series like I did. I lied about GT being number 2 so they see a potential market for it.
5)Take the survey on multiple PCs so your votes count more than once.

EDIT: Also, for those of us following the Z Kai home releases, Kai part 7 comes out on March 20th, and contains episodes 78-88.

Last edited:

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression

Sceptile Master

Well, the only new episode that's going to come out is the dub of episode 98, which won't be released until part 8, and again in the last Season set in the far future. The only thing new about this is that it'll have the Uncut English Dub with the Kikuchi score.

Edit: Ah, you mean 4kids. I have no idea if they'll ever get past episode 52 or not, but there'll be a lot of editing involved as usual.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Hopefully we can talk about DB, Z & GT here. Kind of late with the news, but I found out that Nicktoons is airing Bardock- The Father of Goku at 10 PM Eastern Time (which is in less than an hour). I guess they could air it in the future, like what they did with the DBZ movies, possibly.

Chris

Old Coot
Now if only FUNi could get the Jump special and Episode of Bardock.

ebevan91

That's nice! I'm starting to get sick of the re-runs on 4kids, so hopefully, more new episodes should come. Hopefully

Yeah it's getting annoying. When I first heard they were showing Kai on 4kids, I started watching it. Then I saw they restarted it, ok... whatever, I'll just try to watch the ones I missed this time around, then they showed it again and again and again, and I believe it's about to end again.

Sceptile Master

To be honest, I'd rather not see 4kids mangle the rest of the series (even though FUNi has to do the edits), but I don't like seeing something unfinished either.
I was going to watch the Bardock Special, but I was doing other important things, so yeah... I never got to see it though, hopefully they'll air it again this weekend. And hopefully they'll air The History of Trunks as well. (Which I have not seen either.)

And in other news, today (well... yesterday considering how late it is here), I finally finished Kai, up to 97 anyway. There's still episode 98 of course, but with that, it was an awesome refresh of Z, and I thank the people who made it possible. I'm not going to lie, my life really has changed a lot [for the better] since my neighbor-friends showed me Kai on TV and since I remembered all about Dragon Ball, but that's another story.

...Although I still have yet to watch my part 2 Bluray.

yuzke

i really didnt like dragon ball kai ... however i have to admit graphics are okey but music and the opening are terrible x_x, i ll stick with the original no matter its to long

Sceptile Master

Which music? You don't seem to like the opening, but do you hate all of Kai's music? And if you do enjoy the original more (nothing wrong with that), how can you hate Kai's music then? Unless you're watching it with the Ocean/FUNi track, that's a little hypocritical if you're referring to Kai's Kikuchi track, since it's used in both Z and Kai.

I like the opening a lot.

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
And if you do enjoy the original more (nothing wrong with that), how can you hate Kai's music then?
I'd assume he/she's talking about the original FUNimation dub, so he/she probably means the Faulconer Productions/Nathan Johnson score.

Last edited:

Princess Dawn

Dawn is a Princess!
i love Dragon ball kai but i think i like both pokemon and Dragon ball!

Xeno the Doomguy

I have a switch and getting back into Pokemon!
I love DBGT and DBZ I do not like DB

Chris

Old Coot
How the hell can you like GT but not the original Dragon Ball?

I can understand why. GT still had that fighting feel, while the original did not, which was more comedy based.

That being said, I still do prefer the original.

Chris

Old Coot
I can understand why. GT still had that fighting feel, while the original did not, which was more comedy based.

That being said, I still do prefer the original.
Dragon Ball had three different tournament arcs (the last featuring the Piccolo Jr. fight), Goku taking on the Red Ribbon Army and Great Demon King Piccolo. How did it not have the "fighting feel?"

Because it didn't have ki blasts, or like extraterritorial or monsters with cool abilities. It was...realistic fights.

Piccolo started that feel, but once DBZ came it made it a lot more expansive