• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragonball Kai

Chris

Old Coot
Because it didn't have ki blasts, or like extraterritorial or monsters with cool abilities. It was...realistic fights.

Piccolo started that feel, but once DBZ came it made it a lot more expansive
Excuse me? No Ki blasts? No monsters with abilities? What the hell did you actually watch?

Puar and Oolong could transform into various things. Boss Rabbit could turn anyone into a carrot by touching them. Giran could fire gum from his stomach that wrapped and tightened around his victims. #8 was an Android with incredible strength. Baba's fighters were all based on horror movie monsters, including Akuman that can kill a person if they even have the slightest bit of evil in their heart. Great Demon King Piccolo's spawn were all demons with different features and abilities, including himself and his reincarnation, Piccolo Jr.

What do you think the Kamehame-Ha is? Or the Dodon-Pa? More Ki attacks started to come about when Tenshinhan showed up.

And realistic fights? Yeah, there's something realistic about Tao Pai Pai killing General Blue by stabbing his tongue into his temple. Same with Kuririn inhaling enough air to become a balloon to avoid a kick from Goku by floating down slower. As well as him realizing he can win a fight against a foul man's stench because he doesn't have a nose.

Weird. I heard my brother watching a DBZ Kai rerun (not on nicktoons. The channel that made Mr. Popo blue), and they were using the plagerized soundtrack, not the original DBZ one

Torpoleon

Z Kai part 8's cover is out:http://i43.photobucket.com...

I'm kind of mixed on how Goku's face looks, and I find it to seem less... intense than the Japanese releases' father-son Kamehame-Ha cover.
Looks like a pretty cool cover.

Weird. I heard my brother watching a DBZ Kai rerun (not on nicktoons. The channel that made Mr. Popo blue), and they were using the plagerized soundtrack, not the original DBZ one
Just so you know, that channel is Toonzai. Do you happen to know what episode your brother was watching? If it was Episode 53- 62 or so (up to and excluding the episode where 17 & 18 are awakened), those episodes have the Yamamoto Music on Nicktoons as well.

Zazie

So 1991
There is a stupid rumor going around about DB Hoshi. I mean really? They are using clips from DBZ Budokai Ultimate Tenkaichi as a trailer. Its more sad that people are falling for it. They call themselves DBZ fans..... smh.

It was Dragonball AF all over again, except this time people really should have been able to verify it wasn't real immediately.

I miss the old days (mid-late 90s) of Dragonball fansites, with their ridiculously terrible information. Everything was confusing as hell. I remember one site stating the the predeccsor to Dragon Ball Z was Dragonballz.

Chris

Old Coot
There is a stupid rumor going around about DB Hoshi. I mean really? They are using clips from DBZ Ultimate Tenkaichi as a trailer. Its more sad that people are falling for it. They call themselves DBZ fans..... smh.
Actually, they were using footage from all of the Dragon Ball Heroes trailers. But yeah, it's as stupid as the DBAF "trailers" that used Budokai 3's opening and shopped Super Saiyan 4 Goku into "Super Saiyan 5 Goku."

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
While at Walmart today, I noticed a *technically* new DBZ dvd set. I don't have any pictures at the moment, but from the packaging, I'm assuming it was Orange Brick quality (especially since the back advertised it being the cheapest way to own it so far...). I saw seasons 1 & 2, which were in clear, normal dvd cases. The only big differences I can really point out were Seasons Two's cover (Which was still Goku, but a different picture, the one from the back of Kai part 1 and TLOG), and the fact that Season One only had 21 episodes included. I can't say how many were in Season Two, for this "new" set.

Sceptile Master

Part 7 has already been shipped to some of the people who pre-ordered it. If I remember correctly, according to some members of Daizenshuu EX, it's a mix of everyone who's sung it so far (minus Chris Sabat, of course). And I don't mean they use Sean for one intro and Vic for the next, IIRC they mix the singers all into one intro.

Last edited:

Lugion

Part 7 has already been shipped to some of the people who pre-ordered it. If I remember correctly, according to some members of Daizenshuu EX, it's a mix of everyone who's sung it so far (minus Chris Sabat, of course). And I don't mean they use Sean for one intro and Vic for the next, IIRC they mix the singers all into one intro.

Vic's actually not in it. Neither is Brina. At least, if they are, you can't hear them very well at all.

I kinda hope it's Colleen Clinkenbeard singing the next one.

Sceptile Master

Huh. I couldn't say for sure though, I was just passing on what some people have said.... which isn't really a good idea :p

I hope so too... but I thought they would've saved something like the intros for part 7 for part 8.