1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dragonite. Broekn.

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by Wire, Nov 14, 2011.

?

How broken is dragonite

Poll closed Feb 22, 2012.
  1. He can stay where he is

85 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. kind of broken

17 vote(s)
    15.9%
  3. OMFG BAN HIM

5 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. WeatherEffectRain

WeatherEffectRain Arm Wrestle?

Not to be rude, but he's ranked No. 1 in OU usage, as of the most recent posts, unless they posted new ones.

He doesn't overcentralize it, but I do stand that he'll get a suspect vote. I'd say staying OU, as well as the majority of battlers, but... Eh.

Lol.

2. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Really? I don't check usage stats that much, but haven't seen that many...

Wow.

3. windsong

windsong WEST SIDE

IIRC he was ranked #1 in usage for the people with under 900 rating points. In the 1337+ stats, Toed was first, iirc.

4. unstopable373

unstopable373 Well-Known Member

I never have to many problems with Nite, typically I have SR up, Nite comes in on something, I switch to Porygon 2, it outrages which takes only half of Porygon2's HP and I 1HKO it with Ice Beam.

If they have a rapid spinner, then I would imagine Dragonite is a little bit tougher, but anything with Priority can dent it, then find something faster then Nite that can KO it (like a Dragon or Mamoswine). It's not that tough, definitely not Uber.

5. Riceslash

Riceslash The pangolin

My Weavile destroys them, and if Dragonite is scarfed, he will most probably use Outrage so when Weavile bites the dust I bring out Metagross and watch him deal tiny amounts of damage.

6. Zachmac

Scarfnite? I don't think I've ever fought one of those. SR weakness, so most people prefer haxorus.

But Weavile and Mamoswine do make good checks for it. Especially Mamoswine, since it can use SR.

7. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Trader and Battler

i see dragonite with so many threats to faint him i dont see him becoming ubers ever

8. Simipour

Simipour <('.'<) (>'.')>

Not even close to broken. Probably the very best pokemon against AI in the subway, but against human opposition its just a good OU pokemon.

9. TheGreatDragonite

TheGreatDragonite Dragon Trainer

Dragonite's the best Pokemon in the world, and they need to make a new tier for him he's so amazing!

10. Psycho Cut

Psycho Cut Well-Known Member

Bias username much? ;)

11. Dragonite: 11 Ban, 60 Do Not Ban, 3 Abstain = 15.49% Ban

I think that speaks volumes.

No, he's not broken. The main selling point of Dragonite is Multi Scale, and there are various ways of keeping that in check. I will say that the most dangerous of the sets would have to be the LumDD set. Forget Bulky DD, with the Lum Berry, you can't even cripple it with status.

12. Pichu47

Pichu47 Fear Me, If You Dare

^I'm glad it's not banned. It would be ridicooluss(liek my spehling) if it was. It's really not that hard to counter, and it faces problems with covering threats. Lum DD is awesome, i think it's the best set. Parashuffler is good though.

13. Demonsead

Demonsead Hoenn Challenger

Dragonite broken? Really?

14. Rezzuréct

Rezzuréct Allez Les Bleus!

No, DNite isn't broken yet..

15. Zachmac

What do you mean by "yet"?

16. Rezzuréct

Rezzuréct Allez Les Bleus!

Maybe it'll be broken someday.. but Idk..

17. Swagga09

Swagga09 Well-Known Member

parashuffler dnite is SOO ANNOYING!

18. Ilan

Ilan Well-Known Member

If multiscale would made any attack do 1/2 damage (full hp no full HP) it would be broken but as it only work when stealth rock is down (you used roost) it isn't too broken

but stealth rock is broken seriously I hate how stealth rock made too many pokemons useless! (like most bug/flying and articuno)

19. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

This thread has a 15.39% ban. Its nice to see Serebii agrees with Smogon here.

20. Latias_

Latias_ Passive voice

Actually it's more of a 4% ban and 11% abstain.