• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragonite. Broekn.

How broken is dragonite

• He can stay where he is

Votes: 85 79.4%
  • kind of broken

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • OMFG BAN HIM

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wire

Banned
Dragonite is so broekn right know he broke the word broekn. Literally he has a dozen viable sets all of which have few counters and he can plow through any counter with his enormous move pool. Even ice types, his obvious counter have issues with substitute fire punch and raw power. How do you counter dragonite? Do you think he is broekn?

Zachmac

What did SR stand for again...I can't seem to remember.

Ice attacks. Sandstorm. Scarfs. HP ice running around all the time. Stone edge. Oh, and there is more.

If it was broken, Weavile and Mamoswine would be everywhere to Ice Shard it, as Gliscor/Skarmory where in most teams to stop Excadril.

Good, but not broken.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
What did SR stand for again...I can't seem to remember.

Ice attacks. Sandstorm. Scarfs. HP ice running around all the time. Stone edge. Oh, and there is more.

If it was broken, Weavile and Mamoswine would be everywhere to Ice Shard it, as Gliscor/Skarmory where in most teams to stop Excadril.

Good, but not broken.

Stealth rock.

Zachmac

Stealth rock.
That was my point. Why would I ask when no one has said it yet?

I was pointing out Dragonite loses 25% of it's health to that, and it breaks marvel scale.

girazard

IT'S A TRAP!!!
Dragonite is so broekn right know he broke the word broekn. Literally he has a dozen viable sets all of which have few counters and he can plow through any counter with his enormous move pool. Even ice types, his obvious counter have issues with substitute fire punch and raw power. How do you counter dragonite? Do you think he is broekn?

Since when does Dragonite ever use both Fire Punch AND Substitute?

Haru Glory

Rave Master
Dragonite is an interesting Pokèmon, has a pretty good bulk and excellent attacking powers. Somewhat crippling Speed, but it can be adjusted. Overall has great stats. Its typing provides 3 weaknesses (Rock, Dragon, Ice x4), which are not great, since those are types we see commonly (i.e. Stone Edge, Outrage, Ice Beam, you know). Its Dream World ability comes in the form of Multiscale, which halves damage received if Dragonite has full HP. It's great, but 90% of the times Stealth Rock ruins this. Now, let's go straight to the movepool: it has plenty of moves, so you can run almost any set you want, thanks to it and Dragonite's excellent stats. You can be a Physical sweeper, or a Special one, even a Wall. You can use Sub+3 Attacks, be a Phazer (slapping on Toxic and Dragon Tail after SR settled), a Revenge Killer, or even a Status spreader. That's awesome. Dragonite is awesome.

Riddle :)

Hmm it works...:O
Dragonite is not broken at all, as they said, you just need to have stealth rock and it's done, and the only real problem with Dragonite is that you have to try and predict if he's going special or physical or mixed, but unbuffed and with stealth rock, even a unbuffed ice fang of a unbuffed Gyarados can OHKO it. Dragonite is hard to counter if you let it set up and all, but is not, by far, hard to counter, a physical nite not buffed eats dust if it has a weezing in front of it!

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
Most Dragonites these days are the DD sets. They're not broken at all actually. A good Ice move should scare most off, Rocks are cool for breaking the scales, and I think a Scarf'd MB Outrage from Haxorus ignores Multiscale...I forget. -w-

ashsinnoh

First of all a bit of grammar ^^ Broekn is a non-existent word. It's broken ^^ Ok, after my lecture i would like to add that Dragonite isn't broken at all. As everybody mentioned above, he just has too many counters which can stop him. Loosing 25% of health everytime you switch is far from broken, and with base 80 speed he isn't that threatening since alot faster pokes has super effective attack, so as i said he's far from broken.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
...Broken? Nah. It's good, but not broken. It's gonna get a suspect test, but I doubt it'll get banned. If it DOES get banned, which I doubt, it would be for it's great spot on any team that wants a Phazer/Parashuffler/Bulky SetterUpper/CBer... Yeah. He's not broken, just gets alot done.

I stand by he's still getting a suspect test, though.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Dragonite is broken...in NU, RU, and UU. That's why it's in OU, where it fits in very well. It is checked by stone edgers, steels, and other dragons in OU.

Also, burn criples most dragonite sets.

Vandslaux

Good, but not broken. Countering Nite is called SR and Ice Shard, or something like a +2 Lucario can OHKO it, I believe, with Ice Punch.

Vali

King of Beets
A. You have absolutely terrible spelling
B. Mamoswine w/ Focus Sash Icicle Crash + Ice Shard
C. Stealth Rock
D. Priority in general breaks Multiscale
EDIT: E. Salamence with a Focus Sash
F. Scarfed Haxorus
G. Banded Rampardos (it works)
H. Scarfed DW Relicanth (I use it a lot)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
^Cloyster also breaks Multiscale with Icicle Spear. Porygon2 is a defensive behemoth with offensive capabilities that can trace Multiscale and has no trouble with most Dragons with BeamBolt coverage.

Dragonite also only has base 80 speed. It's slower than most offensively-based mons. You definitely got a good window to take it out, especially with Rocks up, before it DDs (and if they're running Choice Specs then you're in even better shape). And you can always use Scizor to finish it off.

Ilan

A. You have absolutely terrible spelling
B. Mamoswine w/ Focus Sash Icicle Crash + Ice Shard
C. Stealth Rock
D. Priority in general breaks Multiscale
EDIT: E. Salamence with a Focus Sash
F. Scarfed Haxorus
G. Banded Rampardos (it works)
H. Scarfed DW Relicanth (I use it a lot)

there are some comment about your post

A. he had done is in purpose of saying he is TOO BROKEN (which is not)
B. why you focus sash something that is bulky? mamoswine can take a fire punch (with thick fat and KO back) with choice banded icicle crash (or just outspeed.
D.then he roosts YAY
E.same as B intimidate..
G.who use it outside of RU?
H.using something with 100/130/65 defences with sturdy is just wrong use head smash with rock head MUCH better choice than sturdy.

some checks:terrakion (boosted),kyurem (ice beam BP: 95*1.5*4*1/2=285 bp WITH MULTISCALES with 120 base power scarfed it KOes),mold breaker haxorus,landorus and some more I can't think of

anyway he is NOT broken.

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
Yeah I can take one down with an unboosted Dual Chop. He's a good partner for support but he's not broken necessarily.