• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragonite. Broekn.

How broken is dragonite

• He can stay where he is

Votes: 85 79.4%
  • kind of broken

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • OMFG BAN HIM

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

windsong

WEST SIDE
He's not broken, Terricton KOs it after steath rock, with stone edge.

A. You have absolutely terrible spelling
B. Mamoswine w/ Focus Sash Icicle Crash + Ice Shard
C. Stealth Rock
D. Priority in general breaks Multiscale
EDIT: E. Salamence with a Focus Sash
F. Scarfed Haxorus
G. Banded Rampardos (it works)
H. Scarfed DW Relicanth (I use it a lot)

You guys are right but for the wrong reasons

=[

DeviantMaster

Deviant_Fallacy
lol i gotta admit dnite is dangerous to teams that dont use hazards. but considering his super ice weakness and of course the hazard weakness i dont think he can be considered broken

Let me check each part of the uber check-list.

Uncounterable: Dragonite is outright crippled by Rocks and Ice moves. Not that hard to counter it.

Incredibly easy to use: Dragonite takes a good player to know when and when not to switch him in, lest he get hit by something he does not like.

Overly influences the metagame: Dragonite has exerted some influence on the metagame, but not as much as something that was banned, like Blaziken or Excadrill.

Overall, Dragonite is an excellent Pokémon, but not ban-worthy IMO.

Latias_

Passive voice
Dragonite is obviously broken. It is so broken that even Caterpie fails to take it down, let alone Sunkern.

Seriously though there's tons of ways you can play around Dragonite.

Necro101

How is he broken ther are many pokemon that can get rid of him with stone edge and other moves that I don't feel like naming because he is not broke at all:( Were did you get the idea it was broke?????

Psycho Cut

Nah he's not broken. Stealth Rocks makes Dragonite a simple matter to kill, and although your opponent can spin them away, you can switch into a ghost, or take advantage of the spin by setting up, or KO'ing their spinner.

There are many things which KO through multiscale anyway, icicle spear/rock blast +2 Weavile with Ice Shard and a +1 Outrage from Salamance (could be haxorus) are a few things which come to mind.

Wire

Banned
well. how about the paraphazer. no one has semmed to address that

The Parashuffler set is easily handled by again, Stealth Rock, and rather susceptible to Taunt, due to the main attack move being Dragon Tail, which will always go last. It is also reliant on its Thunder Wave, meaning that Pokemon immune to itt can switch in on it with impunity, break its precious Multiscale, and come in with something with a good strong Ice move like Starmie.

Dragonite isn't really that hard to stop.

Serpentine

Pokemon Breeder
Let me guess... you have a lot of bad experiences with Dragonite.

I thought Hail+Blizzard took out a lot of Dragons, most dragons since they're usually Flying and even Garchomp as a x4 weakness to Ice. Just use something fast... I dunno what, try rain dance and Swift Swim. Let me know if something can utilize that combo.

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
SR, Haxorus, Ice Type Moves, boosted STAB Stone Edge, Sandstorm, Hail, Rampardos(yesh), Mamoswine, Taunt, Cloyster, practically any Strong Super Effective STAB move coming off of a high attack stat, wow, that's alot...

Dragonite is excellent indeed, but that doesn't mean he's broken.

Zachmac

He's not broken, Terricton KOs it after steath rock, with stone edge.
Don't just list one pokemon, that doesn't prove anything. Scarf Primape with Vital Spirit counters Darkrai, so should Darkrai be OU?

After stealth rock, Dragonite is beaten by most Ice Beams, Most Ice Punches, and Most stone edges. Scarfers often handle a +1 Dragonite well. If it's locked in outrage, Ferrthorn or Forretress can use that to set up spikes. It is walled by heatran completely, unless it's holding EQ(which most don't). It's crippled by all status. Toxic means no Multi Scale. Paralysis means no speed. Burn means no attack.

irock245

She wants it
meh scarf terakion can 2hko him with multiuscale up and dragonite can't even ko or outspeed with a dd up. Never will be broken, but could be slightly nominated for ban for the same reason as exadrill: overcentralizing the metagame.

Zachmac

meh scarf terakion can 2hko him with multiuscale up and dragonite can't even ko or outspeed with a dd up. Never will be broken, but could be slightly nominated for ban for the same reason as exadrill: overcentralizing the metagame.
It's common, but not that common.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Ok, LO Kyurem's Ice Beam can OHKO lol, and Kyurem is forever alone. Dragonite isn't broken.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
There's also Toxic and Burn, plus Tricking a choice item. The success of the defensive sets tend to be more dependent on how competent its user is, so you might just be facing good players. It's still pretty easy for a bad player to fail with defensive Dnite if their prediction sucks, so it doesn't fill the "so easy a caveman can own with it" that Garchomp, Excadrill (who had the same set 99% of the time bar a 4th move or item choice), Thundurus, and Blaziken had. You also don't need to worry about being outsped, so it's not too hard to find something to kill it. Also Clerics like Chansey/Blissey, Celebi, etc. say hi.

Soperman

The One and Only
How is he broken? SR, Starmie, offensive Deoxys-S, even Latios can all One or Two HKO him. There are many more pokemon who can as well, I just don't feel like naming them here. He's good, but not THAT good. You're overreacting about losing to the same pokemon over and over again.

zerofield

i miss miror
dragonite isn't broken, just powerful and versatile. he loses to ice, rocks, toxic, WoW, and many other things. if you're really having trouble with dnite, change up your team a bit to make it less dnite weak. if that isn't the issue...

GET BETTER AT BATTLING

irock245

She wants it
^lol couldn't have said it better myself. He still does casue you to have hazards so you have a surefire way to beat him, considering the versertality he has.