• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dragonstorm vs. Shadow of Doubt(M:TG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
Meh. I thought this would be a topic worth talking over. Dragonstorm is a fast and powerful deck that has results to back it up, including first place at Worlds, going off over a pile of hate. But the sheer quantity of hate in standard at this time, from Grand Arbiter Augustin IV to Trickbind, make going off difficult, if not suicidal. It gets hosed by control when it plays a turn 2 Signet into mana-leaking one of the Remand copies. So many cards destroy it, and some of them aren't even situational and can be maindecked, like Grand Arbiter. Remand helps this cause a bit, but there's only four, or even fewer, copies in nearly all builds so they can set up reliably. However, Worlds has proven that Dragonstorm can win even over decks like Matyrtron, which are almost built with the goal of hosing Dragonstorm in mind. In my opinion, there's quite a bit of controversy on whether or not one could pick up a copy and be able to pull wins out of it. I'm personally against it right now, having actually looked at all of the anti-dragonstorm tech. I see the aguements for the other side as well though. I'll post my points later when I have more time, however. Open discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.