• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drawings and Other Stuff... ._.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Okay, so I'll just put all of the drawings I made and probably some vector drawings both Pokemon and Non-Pokemon related. They have been sorted out by category at least... so yeah, critiques, comments or whatever (even if they are harsh) are appreciated. =3 I will add more of these seeing sometimes, I am kinda lazy when it comes to scanning. I found out that I have made more drawings for Pokemon Academy... but I haven't scanned them yet.

Pokemon Academy Series (most of these are also in the actual comic's "Other Stuff") :
Avegaille and Jane (shaded)
Avegaille and Jane (vector)
Avegaille and Linole
Avegaille and Jane again.
Avegaille and Jane, once more.
Spending time with Pokemon
Runaway Skitty!
Avegaille at 12 and 10 years old
Playtime with Pokemon

Pokemon Anime:
May, shaded.
May, coloured
Hinata and Max
Hinata
May Ranger
Ash
An attempt of drawing Rebecca and Rafe

Pokemon (themselves):
Latios and Latias
Makuhita, Charmander and Taillow

Shippings (I drew these since last, last year, so it's really... kinda old) :
Advanceshipping? XD
Contestshipping... ._.
Hoennshipping

Pokemon Shippings:
FuzzyPinkShipping! =D

Crossovers:
Rebecca and Hinata
Seto, Rebecca, Hayate, Hinata and Kazuki

Yu-Gi-Oh!:
Rebecca Hawkins
Rebecca Hawkins again.
Rebecca Hawkins also. XD

Fanfic/Fiction/Other Arts:
Avegaille and Phil
Avegaille and Nicole May
Me and Charmander
Cast of What Awaits Ahead (fanfic)
Me as a Trainer or Coordinator or whatever. XD

So many stuff. Comment away.

Last edited:

FreedomX10A

Infinite Atmosphere
some drawings are really good...the rebecca hawkins ones are really similar to the anime one. some pictures don't look correct...might want to improve on making it look alike

Nicole May

Meh... whatever...
Hmm, I'm kinda liking the way you do vector drawings, although you should really work or even try to learn the shading part. I'm not sure, maybe you could ask people you know who also does vector drawings?

Anyways, your sketching is really quite something, I must say it's almost professional made, though, the basic features of the characters might need work. Just keep practicing and you'll get everything right, I'm pretty sure of it.

H.M

likes 'poms :3
Ah, where to start. o_0

Well, for one, I can tell most of those pictures (like the shipping ones) are obviously eyeballed from anime screenshots. I never knew why this gets past most people. Not to mention some stuff is off, like crooked eyes or the mouth is lopsided. I would only use the screen shot if you want to get used to drawing the character. But eyeballing/tracing screenies for the final piece are a big no-no in the art scene.

As for the more original stuff like the Avegaille ones, I find very cute. With some practice with anatomy and whatnot, they will look even better. Work more on those instead of copying from screen shots.

The "vector" one is just using the flood filling tool on the picture, not vectoring at all. An actual vector is using a program to draw a picture just using lines and shapes. Here is the wiki in case you don't know what the heck I'm talking about. ^^;;

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
Actually some of them are done really nicely like the Rebecca Hawkings one May as a ranger and Hinata, but some of the your other pics look a bit crooked and don't look right. For one part, you have the shading down, so thats no problem but for instance the May one you did, it look nice, but the arms, one of them look bigger than the other, and seems too straight which throws it off. Its one of the two.

Your own drawings you did aren't bad, but keep on practicing, and I bet you'll be awesome within a short time, you got the shading part which is a big plus, and most of the other artists on here what I saw don't do the shading right, its one or the other. But keep it up!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
By the way, that isn't "vector." It's drawn by hand. I assume you're using MS Paint; the Curve Tool is what you want to use if you're going for the vector look, since the process is about the same.

Also, there's just something that doesn't look right about what you're doing. you have all the basics down. There are just minor things that bring down the images as a whole; one thing I see a lot is that the eyes are the same size in 3/4 view when in fact the one farther away should be a tiny bit smaller and narrower. Also, I often see a lot of imperfect mouth positioning. The one with Hinata and Rebecca is a pretty clear example. You're very close to emulating the Sugimori style; that's further than I've done.

By the way, the quality really varies; the one with just Hinata looks perfect; the one with May as a Ranger is almost perfect. I hate those smirks. They look completely unnatural and should only be done in a profile view. The first two "Rebecca solo" ones you did...THAT'S how you should position the mouths. That trait done right makes the illustrations impress me. (And I'm saying this honestly! I've never seen such a nice drawing of Rebecca Hawkins before.)

On the other hand, with the exception of your self-portrait, your original characters don't look quite right. You're adapting your own style to it, right? Because it still needs to be refined further; it still looks derivative of Sugimori.

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Oh, thanks for all the comments, and yep, I like it when you go direct to the point on me. I dunno what vectoring is exactly, btu I use Corel to do those.

Anyways, either later this evening or tomorrow, I'll get the other half of my drawings scanned and up on thsi thread. Once again, thanks so much everyone! =D

H.M

likes 'poms :3
Funny that people started saying how one of the pictures aren't even vector right after my post explained it. You people need to look harder next time. It's also good to look for good tutorials on coloring and whatnot on DeviantArt.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yeah, I read that vectoring stuff. I was explaining how it could be done on MS Paint, as that's how I usually would do it. (I'm using a Mac, so I use GIMP's Stroke Path.)

Also, that was only half? Really, that was a lot for one post.

Sequoia

Love the first Rebecca Hawkins pic. xD The shading's pretty good. The May ranger one is good too, since it's an original idea I guess.

I think it's been bugging me for a while, but the arms and hands don't look right... See, in the group crossover pic, Rebecca's arm is just so... poofy, and her jacket suddenly pulls in at her wrist. It doesn't look natural. And her fingers are all the same length.

Err... the vectoring thing's already been said.

Kyoto-chan

WELLL, I like all the Rebecca pics, and the ones where it's apparent you used a reference. But the ones where it's obvious you didn't use a reference, those are kinda bad. Even in that one picture with Hinata and Max (I assume you had a reference on hand?), Max's cheek is a bit too out there and pointy. XD

Other than that, your art's pretty average. [Then again, I can't say anything much because I can't draw for crud. XDDD]

Avegaille

ジャッジメントですの!
Also, that was only half? Really, that was a lot for one post.

Yep, half of my old drawings. Most of these are VERY old, and yep, more old drawings from me. Probably my most recent ones are either for a present for a friend or something... XD

And now, the much awaited, the other half of my old drawings. I'll post up the recent one (like a birthday present) pretty soon. =O Oh, you'll notice I'm using Graphing Paper most of the time... I drew most of those during 4th Year High School... XD

Pokemon Academy Series:
Avegaille and Jane again.
Avegaille and Jane, once more.
Spending time with Pokemon
Runaway Skitty!
Avegaille at 12 and 10 years old
Playtime with Pokemon

Pokemon Anime:
Ash
An attempt of drawing Rebecca and Rafe

Pokemon (themselves):
Latios and Latias
Makuhita, Charmander and Taillow

Fanfic/Fiction/Other Arts:
Avegaille and Phil
Avegaille and Nicole May
Me and Charmander

Yes, I know, they're very old... so comment either way... x.x Also, placed these on the first post, just in case... =O

Sequoia

I finally figured out what bugs me about your arms (and hands). xD The forearm is the same thickness as the upper bit, which isn't right because there are more muscles in the upper bit. And the wrist doesn't curve in so much. Try drawing the jacket going past the wrist and don't make it cut in.

... And the pic with Phil in it looks weird. The arm that goes underneath is appearing in the middle. xD ALIEN ARM! Colour them in. D: It's boring without colour!

EDIT // Oh yeah, I think Avegaille's hair is weird too. It's too straight.

Nicole May

Meh... whatever...
Hmm, well, they seem okay, but like what Sequoia here says, you should practice on the arms, hands. Maybe you should also try to practice on the clothing detail. Makes it more anime realistic at least.

Oh, maybe you should also have your own style for Pokemon poses too. XP

Haruka_San

< Togehther Forever~
Wow! I love your drawing of Solana/Hinata. Your May drawings need a little work though. BTW, How do you know these Pokemon Characters if Pokemon isn't in the Philippines yet? Do you have DVD's? Did you use Serebii.net Character Bios? How did you know? I'm from the Phils. and I only know them by Character Bios and my DVD's and the internet.

Last edited: