• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drawn to Life Discussion

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
I've noticed no one even did a thread about this yet, so I decided to do it.

This thread is for both the first game and its sequals for the DS and the Wii.
NOTE: I'm going to assume that most of these post will be spoilers. So if it's not too much, please put them in spoiler tags. Thanks!

So let's get started! How does it feel to be able to draw just about anything you want?

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
are you talking about an actual game? or simply being a good artist? im a terrible drawer if thats the question

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
Yes, this is a game. And don't worry, I won't judge you on you're art skills. As long as you have fun, that's all I care!

Prinplup

Super, super =D
are you talking about an actual game? or simply being a good artist? im a terrible drawer if thats the question

An actual game. It's Nintendo Discussion we're in, not the Art forum.

Nixoth

Ace Trainer
oh yeah i remember now, i saw a review on this game once. looked alright, but i dont think id ever play it

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Worse game I ever played nothing more than drawing game that wasn't even done right.

Surfing_Pikachu

Tyrant Tar

...I liked it.
As much as I like drawing, I'm glad the sequel gives a template for most of the objects you need to draw. And you can alternate weapons and abilities any time you want, even in the middle of a level.

Wilfre has an awesome boss theme, too.

Last edited:

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I got it for Christmas. The Drawing Concept is nice. But take that away and you get a boring, bleak and bland platformer. You'll notice it once the gimmick wears off.

It's also to short for it's own good and end's with a crappy pop song.

Last edited:

Tyrant Tar

The DS sequel must have one of the most WTF endings ever.

It's pretty typical from start to finish, Wilfre is back and you have to fight him again. But after defeating him, and right before the credits, we find out that Heather (the little Raposa girl with the burnt face) is Mike's (the human) older brother, despite Mike looking much older. In the credits, we see Mike is actually a young kid in a coma after his family got in a car accident that killed the parents. And the whole series is just a dream in his coma!

Mike isn't really important in the plot at all, and nothing even hints at this shock ending.

Surfing_Pikachu

It's pretty typical from start to finish, Wilfre is back and you have to fight him again. But after defeating him, and right before the credits, we find out that Heather (the little Raposa girl with the burnt face) is Mike's (the human) older brother, despite Mike looking much older. In the credits, we see Mike is actually a young kid in a coma after his family got in a car accident that killed the parents. And the whole series is just a dream in his coma!

Mike isn't really important in the plot at all, and nothing even hints at this shock ending.
Oh my o_O that was interesting...

Wisest Celebi

Tiny Powerhouse
Ok, let's try a different question, here...

During the times you need to draw something and you're given the choice to use the 'manual' button, do you ever use it?

Frankly, I use it, but recolor some of them.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Aw, sweet! I knew there'd have to be a thread for this at some point. I'd just like to say, right from the start, that Drawn to Life is my favorite video game ever, and Drawn to Life 2 is my second favorite video game ever. They are just plain awesome. There's not a character I didn't like, there's not a song or piece of music that I didn't like, there's absolutely nothing I didn't like about the games, except for two things, both in the second.

Sock turning out to be Wilfre. Aargh! I really liked Sock and then he turned out to be the one character in the game which I actually hate with a passion.

The entirety of both games was a dream? SERIOUSLY? UGH! That ending completely ruined the second game for me.

I strongly believe that this series could be turned into a TV show. It would be COMPLETELY AWESOME!

And, the final element. Drawn to Life holds yet another special place in my heart as one of only three video games series to make me cry, along with Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. When
Mayor died
, I was almost bawling. Plus, I shed a couple tears during the ending of both games.

So, once again, I must repeat my original point. BEST VIDEO GAME EVER!

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
The DS sequel must have one of the most WTF endings ever.

Summary!

So let me get this straight, after you beat Wilfre (Again), Heather drops a Briget on us and Mike wakes up for the "It was all a dream" Cliché I hate with a burning passion.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Yeah, the Drawn to Life 2 ending is just stupid. After everything you do, it's all just to
save poor little comatose Mike from death by de-coloration. And for that to happen, millions of innocent Raposa have to die.
Gee, wonder which is a better sacrifice. :p