• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future! (762)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Opelucid Gym! Iris VS Drayden!!

After seeing her calm down a Hydreigon, Drayden told Iris that he's willing to allow her to battle him again. Iris is really excited for the battle, in order to defeat Drayden, so she ends up going for a walk through Opelucid City. In doing so, she bumps into an old school friend who helps her prepare. When the battle comes around, the battle becomes fierce and ends with a rematch of Haxorus VS Excadrill. Will Iris be able to defeat Drayden this time?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So the episode has begun and they're in Opelucid and they've seen the gym, but Iris is too distracted..

- There's the iron spike.. She just climbs it recklessly, here come to police..
- Iris is chilling on top.. The police and Ash and co want her down...
- Jenny knows Iris apparently.. Iris doesn't have a great reputation in Opelucid apparently..
- Somebody else comes that recognizes Iris.. I think it's her teacher..
- They're walking through a courtyard or something..
- Whoops, and there's Drayden...
- And he scolds, and he walks off..
- They're going to eat berries at what seems to be a cafeteria
- Ash of course is mildly interested in the dragon types here..
- Cilan remembers what Iris has told them about Excadrill vs. Haxorus.
- Apparently, there were also Altaria in the Dragon Village.
- This is where IRis went after leaving the Dragon Village for the first time..
- She played with Ducklett and Tympole in the school fountain while other children did not.. She played in trees while others did not, etc.. Iow: She didn't fit in...
- Flashback over..
- Lots of talk which I don't know what it means, probably that Iris is okay now.
- They go to Iris' old dormitory, with drawing of Excadrill and Patrat on the wall.
- When she was young she had pictures of the Dragon Village there, it made her nostalgic about when she was young and when she climbed the tower when she was young.
- Trainings battle with Fraxure vs. Altaria.. I missed a bit..
- Dare da: Haxorus...
- Commercials...
- Dragon Claw got dodged by Altaria.
- Fraxure is tired, but keeps moving..
- Mist and Fraxure is clueless...
- I think Dragonbreath on Fraxure and it's down.
- Here comes Drayden who had been watching the whole time..
- Scolds.. Yet again..
- To reflect, Iris has climbed the tower once again..
- Wow, apparently, Iris had Excadrill at this point already.. But had to leave it at the Dragon Village...
- Ahh, here's the Fraxure from before! :D
- Missed a bit, the battle starts!
- Excadrill vs. Haxorus!
- Metal Claw hurts Haxorus quite a bit!
- Drayden says that the power is good.
- Excadrill relies on Iris.
- Dig, but dodged
- Here comes Rock Smash vs. Focus Blast.
- Effectively dodgded..
- Giga Impact vs. Drill Run: Haxorus is down!
- And Excadrill as well!!! A tie.. -.-
- Here comes Druddigon!!!! :D
- And Dragonite! Weird how that happens isn't it! :p
- Drayden thinks something about Dragonite..
- Dragonite also gives Iris the look..
- Druddigon blocks a ThunderPunch
- And punches Dragonite away! :p
- Druddigon uses Flash Cannon, vs. Flamethrower..
- Again Thunder Punch, vs. Double Team..
- Dragonite waits...
- Iris tells it to go and the punch connects!!
- Here comes Ice Beam!!! :D
- Druddigon blocks it! :O
- Here comes Dragon Rush!
- Druddigon grabs it by the neck and uses Dragon Taiil..
- Dragonite crashes down onconscious! :O
- Druddigon and Drayden won.
- Ash says that she fought well, but as a challenger she lost.
- Here comes Drayden, he think he compliments here.. It's hard to see because of the epic beard..
- The revelation of Drayden talking to the elder. Iris is shocked! :p
- I heard something about gymleader in there.. :O
- Definitely gymleader..
- Yup, Iris is definitely asked to become the gym leader of Opelucid at one point.
- Ash says he's exited about the league..
- End of episode! :D

Last edited:
They are eating at some cafe and discussing Iris's last battle with Dragon.

Iris had hard time getting along with rest of the class as a kid.

Training battle between Fraxure and Altaria starts. Iris is commanding Fraxure while a random classmate is commanding Altaria.

Fraxure was 1HKO'd by Altaria who dodged all of Fraxure's moves including Double Chop and Dragon Claw.

Battle between Drayden and Iris begins. Drayden sends out Haxorus and Iris sends out Excadrill.

Excadrill goes in with a Metal Claw and Haxorus takes it painfully.

Next up is Dig which is easily dodged.

Double KO. It was Giga Impact vs Drill Run (I guess)

Next up is Crimgan vs Dragonite and Dnite is ready to work with Iris.

Dnite loses after a long fought battle. Last move from Crimgan was Dragon Tail.

The cafe lady tells Iris that Drayden wants her as the gym leader and everybody is excited. She said she would work hard for it. They leave the city, next up Pokemon League.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And behold. What may be the only time we'll ever get to see Iris command a Fraxure.

Hmph.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
And Excadrill ties with Haxorous when Drill Run and Giga Impact colide.

What? Druidigon vs Crimgan is after? just started watching now though that battle was done.

Meh I was expecting Excadrill vs Haxorous to be the main event.

Here comes the Dragonite whining specially since he is most likelly win to show Iris progress with him.

Omg Crimcgan was badass stopping Dragon Rush like that and beats Dragonite.

Drayden wins, HatersGonnaHate is going to be pissed.

Also I don't want anyone else to whine about Dragonite from now on, the thing listen to Iris now and it also lost, so enough of the hating.

So Drayden talked with the Elder and he seems to want Iris to become the Gym leader of Opelucid, so basicly yeah Iris is done, she will stick for the filler and leave most likelly.

From what I saw which was from the Haxorous vs Excadrill battle forward I liked the episode.

Damn Meloetta leave us alone already(I know I know it will probably change only after the league).

Just one episode till the league :D.

OMG ANIMAL CROSSING COMERCIAL DO WANT!!!!

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
No ones posting because everyone's keyhole is ****ed up.

Doryuuzu and Ononokusu was too short for my taste, but I'm glad for the tie. Kairyu VS. Crimgan was good since Kairyu lost, so yeah the ideal scenario everyone wanted was what we got pretty much.

Last edited:

Locormus

And Excadrill ties with Haxorous when Drill Run and Giga Impact colide.

What? Druidigon vs Crimgan is after? just started watching now though that battle was done.

Meh I was expecting Excadrill vs Haxorous to be the main event.

Here comes the Dragonite whining specially since he is most likelly win to show Iris progress with him.

Omg Crimcgan was badass stopping Dragon Rush like that and beats Dragonite.

Drayden wins, HatersGonnaHate is going to be pissed.

Also I don't want anyone else to whine about Dragonite from now on, the thing listen to Iris now and it also lost, so enough of the hating.

So Drayden talked with the Elder and he seems to want Iris to become the Gym leader of Opelucid, so basicly yeah Iris is done, she will stick for the filler and leave most likelly.

From what I saw which was from the Haxorous vs Excadrill battle forward I liked the episode.

I think everybody expected first Druddigon, then Haxorus.. I was pleasently surprised, because I favor Druddigon.. and it was treated like crap during the Donamite.. :p

It was a filled episode, quite well done in my opinion..

Lets see:
- Haxorus: Rock Smash, Giga Impact, ?, ?
- Druddigon: Double Team, Flash Cannon, Dragon Tail, Vice Grip but arguably couldn't be :p

And yes, Iris is done, but I'm glad about the way they did it, they've had this discussion come up a couple of times now, so it's what they always intended to do.

Edit@Gotpika: It told me I had to download an updated version, so I did, but now I've got the broadcaster thing.. :S And it's confusing as heck to use.. It doesn't even tell you if it's TvTokyo or not.. :p

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I think everybody expected first Druddigon, then Haxorus.. I was pleasently surprised, because I favor Druddigon.. and it was treated like crap during the Donamite.. :p

It was a filled episode, quite well done in my opinion..

Lets see:
- Haxorus: Rock Smash, Giga Impact, ?, ?
- Druddigon: Double Team, Flash Cannon, Dragon Tail, Vice Grip but arguably couldn't be :p

Yeah Druidigon got real good treatment it was just super badass how he owned Dragonite.

So does this mean Excadrill is stronger then Dragonite? since Haxorous seems to be Shaga main pokemon(i'm trolling since powerlevels don't mean crap).

Yeah Druidigon got real good treatment it was just super badass how he owned Dragonite.

So does this mean Excadrill is stronger then Dragonite? since Haxorous seems to be Shaga main pokemon(i'm trolling since powerlevels don't mean crap).

Excadrill is the starter. It will always have the sweet spot. Its like Pikachu and Charizard. Charizard might be powerful but Pikachu always get better fights(judging by the number of its opponent).

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Excadrill is the starter. It will always have the sweet spot. Its like Pikachu and Charizard. Charizard might be powerful but Pikachu always get better fights(judging by the number of its opponent).

I was joking, was just saying that as usual powerlevels fluctuate as it is convinient to the plot.

Locormus

Haxorus got evenly matched with Excadrill is what I would say.. I actually thought it went down to easy.. But when Metal Claw managed to do enough damage, then who are we to doubt that Excadrill can wear the Dragon out?

I think Drayden went all out on Dragonite though, because he muttered something when Dragonite was called out. Perhaps referring to the chat with the elder or something, that if she can control Dragonite that the elder would be right or something.. Eitherway, it was a good battle to see. Kind of a set up to the league as well, seeing how Dragon Tail was the finishing move..

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Hmm hmm hmm!

Well, Iris is confirmed done for after the filler saga. TBH this foreshadows Iris's leave after the filler saga. Cilan is still on and currently no evidence of leaving... yet.

Whew... this was unexpected..

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Druddigon won? Yessssss!! :D

Omg I'm so happy with this episode, but saddened that Iris's post-Best Wishes future is now set in stone.

Oh you have no idea how pleased I am with this episode. Not really an Iris fan so her losing doesn't bother me but I am an Excadrill fan so I'm happy it proved itself a bit by drawing with Haxorus.

And Druddigon raking down Dragonite was brilliant. Nicely showcasing one of my favourite Dragons

Graham Aker

Iris being wanted as a Gym leader was expected, but I was surprised when Dragonite was actually the second match and not the first.

Iris seemingly not having many friends could now explain why she was following Ash around at the start of Best Wishes as well.

Last edited:

PAndrews

Good thing she lost,

Her goal was training Axew into a powerhouse to prove she had potential as a dragon master and have a rematch with Drayden. Having her beat Drayden with basically a wild Dragonite (she hasn't trained or done anything to contribute to its power) while shafting the dragon she is supposed to be training would have been a poor way to attain her goal. May & Dawn aren't allowed to win Festivals, Ash has yet to win a league, so it would have made no sense for Iris to be given a shortcut option to her goal AND achieving it. Prefer her returning in Gen 6 for an episode and getting a flashback of her battle with Drayden and how she became a gym leader, or they return for another match at the end of the Filler arc before Iris leaves the cast, not a win now, its simply too soon.

Also like how the Pokemon she trained from scratch (Exadrill) got a win and the Pokemon she just got without doing anything (Dragonite) got owned badly. Thats how it should be, effort and hard work should be the one that pays off, not free powerhouses joining out of pity/nowhere at a convenient moment.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Damn Meloetta leave us alone already(I know I know it will probably change only after the league).!
I didn't see Meloetta in any of the screen shots

Also, can anyone tell if they went wth the more industrial or natural approach with Opelucid City because it kind of looks like they did both

Last edited: