• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future! (762)

can someone please shed some light of what was Drayden and the elder talking about!! Does it involved Iris???

Iris eventually taking over as gym leader i think

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Heck, yeah! Druddigon was so great! At least now people will stop downgrading it only because it is a basic Pokemon and doesn't have evolutions.

Haxorus and Excadrill… I'm glad that he tied. That was my ideal scenario, since it shows that he has improved but also that he still has to improve. I applaud you, writers, for that.

Iris, the new Gym Leader? Um, I like that, since she is a Gym Leader in Pokemon White. Well, it seems that Iris' story is almost over. Maybe one more Dragon and Georgia's rivalry resolution and she's pretty much done. But only time can tell.

gliscor&yanmega

DON'T DO IT IRIS, YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!!!

That's what was going through my mind when she climbed the tower. I was surprised by it, I knew a summary said she was going to climb a steel tower, but I was thinking it was something people would usually climb.

Was surprised that Haxorus vs Excadrill was first as well. I thought Dragonite was going to win at first but then stuff happened.

Iris is asked to by the new gym leader? That's nice I guess, development and whatnot.

I didn't watch the episode yet, but I saw the pictures and it looks nice to me.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I hate to say that I expected this... but I did. The only thing that threw me for a loop was Excadrill vs Haxorus was first. Anyway, why is it beginning to look like Dragonite can only beat Ice types?

RickHoenn

Banned
Amazing episode even tough I didn't understand a single word being said XD 10/10

Definitely Iris' episodes are between the most interesting in Best Wishes, I liked the dragon battle, Druddigon and Haxorus were beastly, Drayden is very strong, Excadrill hold its own. Iris did a great job with him lol :D

Iris' eventual farewell will be sad ugh =(

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
What the Hell happened here? I was on the Uni (damn class schedule) I went and read on Bulba that Iris lost and was stunned!

I watched the pics on Filb and seemed to be a nice battle!
Was surprised that Excadrill vs Hax was the first battle and I was glad that Excadrill got even in a way!
Glad that Krimigan defeated Dragonite! The Krimigan line was shown weak during BW!

Was it said why the gym was earlier closed!? did Iris and Drayden had some interaction!? And did Ash showed signs of wanting to battle Drayden!?

decent episode i guess
i liked seeing Exadrill battle
dragonite was okay

as far as gym battles went..not bad...there have certainly been worse...

but over all i'd say about a 6/10 for this episode maybe 7/10

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Alright, I won the bet again....... I mean I'm happy for Drayden to get a win. If only Iris had trained Excadrill more in the show while she was traveling. And somehting about a gymleader? I'm glad that the writers are sticking with Iris's status in the White game, hopefully she can have time to live up to her champion status later on.

This episode made me so teary eyed. I wanted Iris to win but the way the episode was setup really showed the future is bright for Iris. I'm so proud of Excadrill for tying with Haxorus and it looks like Iris and Dragonite are finally together. I know in the future she'll come back and beat Drayden. His experience was just too much which was my biggest fear going into this.

Love you forever, Iris<3

ludiloco

Good episode, even though I knew Iris was going to lose, it gave me a surprise that Dnite vd Ddigon was the last fight.

Drayden choosing Iris to become the next gym leader eventually makes me happy since it's one of the few thing that the anime will follow from the games.

Keep this rhythm writers, I want this league to be awesome.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
This episode made me so teary eyed. I wanted Iris to win but the way the episode was setup really showed the future is bright for Iris. I'm so proud of Excadrill for tying with Haxorus and it looks like Iris and Dragonite are finally together. I know in the future she'll come back and beat Drayden. His experience was just too much which was my biggest fear going into this.
Really now... because I remember a majority (not you in particular) were saying that his experience didn't mean squat as he was a gym leader, therefore he wasn't unbeatable like a Elite 4 member.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Words cannot describe how pressed I am right now. All that build up to the rematch and all the hype surrounding it were all for naught; Iris still lost the battle. The highlight of the episode for me was that Excadrill tied with Haxorus, which was something that I wanted to see happen. But Dragonite's battle with that Druddigon was just ridiculous. Dragonite should have won plain and simple. And did we ever find out why Drayden's Druddigon looked so small? Also, how many losses does Dragonite have now?

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
A great episode. Yeah I had a huge gut feeling Drayden would win because of his experience which was constantly showed throughout this episode.

Lol. Iris is such a troublemaker and the ploice and twonspeople is like "Oh her again?" when she up on the steel tower. Methinks me likes her a little more.

Drayden is a hard teacher but he should have helped her a bit more with her lack of learning.

Just like Roxie's battle, it the first match was a huge turn of events.

I mean Excalibur the Mighty vs Haxrous in the beginning was very interesting and the last match with Broken Barney vs Druddigon made it feel totally unpredictable! Kudos to that writers!

Excadrill deserved that tie and the battle was just plain epic with tension building and powerful attacks dodged and countered. Did the Mighty get OHKOed by Giga Impact? Well better than Rock Smash must kill all Exadrills thing.

Man I am glad they showcased a powerful Druddigon. Maybe it was not his final and strongest Pokemon like HAXorus who used Hax to OHKO Excalibur the Mighty with Giga Impact. Poor Broken Barney. Your disobedience was your tue powerup in the tournament but hey I love it when Dragonite and Iris synced to hit Druddigon with Double Team. Lol Druddigon tanking an Ice Beam and Dealing massive damage with Dragon Claw to him. Krok n' Roll's battle all over again.

Pretty much this episode really changed my opinion about anime Iris in a nicer way and I loved it for that.

Oh she going to be a punching bag for Ash and rookie trainers....err I mean a gym leader? Cool then she becomes a champion and gets beaten by another rookie....No i er for her and I guess that it her reward.

LizardonX

Banned
Words cannot describe how pressed I am right now. All that build up to the rematch and all the hype surrounding it were all for naught; Iris still lost the battle. The highlight of the episode for me was that Excadrill tied with Haxorus, which was something that I wanted to see happen. But Dragonite's battle with that Druddigon was just ridiculous. Dragonite should have won plain and simple. And did we ever find out why Drayden's Druddigon looked so small? Also, how many losses does Dragonite have now?

50-50

And his Name of trolololololicetypes is so fitting now.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So the writers are finally foreshadowing the female's departure ahead of time rather than at the last minute like usual. Not that it wasn't expected...but you know.

Really now... because I remember a majority (not you in particular) were saying that his experience didn't mean squat as he was a gym leader, therefore he wasn't unbeatable like a Elite 4 member.

Well that is true. He isn't unbeatable as Excadrill was able to tie with Haxorus. But I guess the writers needed to play the experience card and that is something none of us could've saw happening until we actually saw the episode. The writers could've easily had Iris own Drayden if they wanted to because he isn't unbeatable.

We all know good and well that a Dragonite is capable of beating a Druddigon.

Also, how many losses does Dragonite have now

Just two. One to Krookodile and one here to Druddigon.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, for an Iris episode it wasn't as bad as the last few were at least.
I'm glad she lost, showed us shes perfect and still needs to grow even as gym leaders they still need to.
Looks like we know how Iris story is going to end, not going to say a word about that here.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Interesting episode, and it pretty much confirmed what we allready knew: iris was a bit excentric, thus a loner and she'll probably end up becomming the gymleader at the end of bw.
Did karyu actually pass out? I know it got downed pretty hard, but i never saw it unconscious. (in the screen-shots)

Last edited: