• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future! (762)

Interesting episode, and it pretty much confirmed what we allready knew: iris was a bit excentric, thus a loner and she'll probably end up becomming the gymleader at the end of bw.
Did karyu actiually pass out? I know it got downed pretty hard, but i never saw it unconscious.

Dragonite did get KO'd from dragon tail. If you watch the battle you'll see it.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Guess will never really know if Dragon Tail has the whole switch out effect or not... But I guess I'm shocked at how one-side Druddigon's attack set was, pretty much the starters set. (3 moves of same type + 1 normal type move)

Edit: Bulbapedia has it down that Druddigon use Flash Cannon... so maybe I'm wrong ^^;

Dax

Legend
My favorite episode from Best Wishes as a whole. It had a beautiful first half giving an insight on Iris' past yet being subtle and sweet about it. The last half was intense, although obvious, but it was the perfect way to begin saying goodbye to Iris.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Words cannot describe how pressed I am right now. All that build up to the rematch and all the hype surrounding it were all for naught; Iris still lost the battle. The highlight of the episode for me was that Excadrill tied with Haxorus, which was something that I wanted to see happen. But Dragonite's battle with that Druddigon was just ridiculous. Dragonite should have won plain and simple. And did we ever find out why Drayden's Druddigon looked so small? Also, how many losses does Dragonite have now?

More than Crustle, which therefore puts it on par with everything else that isn't Crustle, but above everything that isn't Stunfisk.. The 'fair treatment' group, you could say.

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
I am amazed at how attached to Iris I am, the knowledge that she's going to leave soon makes me incredibly sad. Now I'm still iffy about Cilan.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Wow I got exactly what I wanted from this episode.

Excadrill and Haxorus draw.
Dragonite losing to Druddigon.
Iris losing but showed competence.
Iris' goal being clear on becoming Gym Leader.

So I was pretty content with this episode, although I didn't expect the match-ups to be reversed. I think most of us expected Haxorus vs Excadrill being last.

So yeah this debunks the annoying theory about Iris collecting gym badges after Unova. They went the BW route with her, not the BW2 route.

Aesthetically, the gym was pretty cool. Him having the statues of the three main dragons form Unova was a nice touch. This makes me wonder if he has a Hydreigon as well, wouldn't be surprised though. Maybe in a rematch Axew/Fraxure can get a nice battle vs one.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I liked this episode. I wish we got a longer battle, but I honestly liked learning about Iris' back-story better. I definitely feel more connected to Iris' character after this episode, something that Iris has lacked for me. I'm glad that she's going to become gym leader too.

RickHoenn

Banned
Well, for an Iris episode it wasn't as bad as the last few were at least.
I'm glad she lost, showed us shes perfect and still needs to grow even as gym leaders they still need to.
Looks like we know how Iris story is going to end, not going to say a word about that here.

When the writers portrayed Iris as perfect? o_O

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
When the writers portrayed Iris as perfect? o_O

I think that's a typo and meant "isn't perfect", otherwise the sentence wouldn't make any sense (if something is already perfect, it doesn't need improvement). I tend to do that error too. :p

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
When the battle started with Excadrill vs Haxorus I was truly surprised but not disappointed, it wasnt until I saw the troll way Drayden's Druddigon won against Dragonite that I started to be a bit peeved. I mean, how the hell did Druddigon block Ice Beam without feeling a little damage? And he stopped Dragon Rush? -_- BS was full at the end of that battle and its really sad how every girl character has to have someone who they can never beat to make them look inferior and weak. I mean Excadrill didnt even beat Haxorus he tied with him. The good parts of this episode was of course the Iris flashback, the Iris on the tower and the police and stuff. The start of the battle but certainly not the end with that troll Druddigon...

When the battle started with Excadrill vs Haxorus I was truly surprised but not disappointed, it wasnt until I saw the troll way Drayden's Druddigon won against Dragonite that I started to be a bit peeved. I mean, how the hell did Druddigon block Ice Beam without feeling a little damage? And he stopped Dragon Rush? -_- BS was full at the end of that battle and its really sad how every girl character has to have someone who they can never beat to make them look inferior and weak. I mean Excadrill didnt even beat Haxorus he tied with him. The good parts of this episode was of course the Iris flashback, the Iris on the tower and the police and stuff. The start of the battle but certainly not the end with that troll Druddigon...

Didn't Dragonite tank tons of Ice Shards and Ice Beams? And it's twice as weak to Flying as Druddigon is.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

How the heck does Dragonite tank Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Blizzard and Ice Fang without dropping? And Dragonite stopped Mamoswine's Take Down and ran through Blizzard. Dragonite has had more BS wins.

I don't see how someone can get mad about someone beating Dragonite and calling it BS when Dragonite has been shown to be full of it. Especially when he's versing a Dragon type raised by a Dragon Master.

LizardonX

Banned
Anyone else fine it amusing that drayden's ace is actually druddigon? If he sent that out first it could have been a clean sweep.

Anyone else fine it amusing that drayden's ace is actually druddigon? If he sent that out first it could have been a clean sweep.

eh I doubt it...Excadrill has beaten a Druddigon before. I view this episode as Druddigon's redemption since it's been made to look like a joke up till now.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
My hypocrite senses are tingling. It's alright that Dragonite can take whatever Ice attack comes it way despite being weaker to Ice then most dragons (part Flying) but when Druddigon blocks a non STAB Ice Beam, oh no, that's just plain evil.

XXD17

Draco rex
I can't help but feel a little bit trolled...not only was the haxorus battle not the main event, it was also taken out way too easily considering that it's Drayden's powerhouse in the game (I know anime =/= game but still)...that part needed to be longer in my opinion...The fact that druddigon is Drayden's actual powerhouse I think was intentionally put in there to be strong in order to promote druddigon considering how crappy and unpopular it really is...I mean when it first came out, it looked like a lego lizard with weird wings and a weird head, it was one of the the easiest pokemon to take out on Drayden's (and Alder's) team, the only unova non-legendary dragon not to make OU, and probably the overall worst full-evolved dragon type being only slightly better than altaria (but even altaria gets cotton guard and dragon dance)...in short, druddigon sucks and no one really likes it so they intentionally made it strong to make it more appealing...kinda false advertising...anyways, it eventually grew on me like all dragon types do but I still wouldn't use one in competitive; however, that's besides the point...Now there were a few good points...young Iris was adorable and even though the whole "I don't fit in" archetype is reused, I still like how it was portrayed...also, I'm pretty sure fraxure used dual chop at one point...didn't look like the way I thought it would...Oh and the Iris-dragonite conflict can now be officially over...they heart-connected in battle...I think that's a pretty close connection..

Druddigon only took Ice Beam which means it is as good as Dragonite at being trolololice, but it didn't block Dragon Rush. It used Vice Grip to stop Dragon Rush before it even hit Druddigon. So yes the only damage Druddigon took was two thunder punches, and a Ice Beam. So yesthis battle is still realistic to me. (To people who are calling this battle BS)

EDIT: It wasn't Vice Grip, but oh well Druddigon's claws are sharp enough, and it belongs to a gym leader.

Last edited:
Druddigon only took Ice Beam which means it is as good as Dragonite at being trolololice, but it didn't block Dragon Rush. It used Vice Grip to stop Dragon Rush before it even hit Druddigon. So yes the only damage Druddigon took was two thunder punches, and a Ice Beam. So yesthis battle is still realistic to me. (To people who are calling this battle BS)

In the game all you need is one ice beam and druddigon is done xD