• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dream a Little Dream From Me! (901)

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
That's... a very awkward voice to give Squishy. But at the same time what else could they have given him?

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
I like the whole concept of a shared dream. Squishy's voice was all cool and suave, I was almost expecting it to just say "squishy" and to just repeat that. I don't think the other dream pokemon were Ash's team because it would be weird for an evolved Froakie to dream that it was a Froakie again. But then again I have no idea what was going on during that time and the dream pokemon could evolve at will, so for all we know it very well could have been them.

YourLieinEevee

I thought it was a given that they were the main character's Pokemon who could just evolve at will.

The dub was pretty funny. I didn't like Froakie's voice at first but conceded to the fact that they were going for sounding like the English dub voices. Squishy was suddenly Doctor Who or something but better than sounding like a turkey.

How about Jessie's Wobbuffet impression though? She sounded like the real thing.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
So i'm guessing the fire demon was the Leader of Team Flare?

I like to think that's the same Darkrai from the Movie. I hate thinking there's more than one of the same legendary. But you know how the Anime creators like to do what they want, so.....

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
"whenever I want you, all I have to do is dream, dream dream dream"

Pokemon being able to talk is actually in my headcanons, actually - most Pokemon are selective as to who they talk around though, but not TR's Meowth. So Meowth's backstory is partially a lie. In my headcanons he actually did know Pay Day once but forgot it trying to flaunt his ability to talk to everyone around him.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
So i'm guessing the fire demon was the Leader of Team Flare?

I like to think that's the same Darkrai from the Movie. I hate thinking there's more than one of the same legendary. But you know how the Anime creators like to do what they want, so.....

You know that even if it was Darkrai from the Movie there was still Tobias and the Darkrai of his own. Both characters appeared in Sinnoh.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I didn't have high expectations for this episode to begin with but hey at least it was fun. Seeing Pangoro, Chesnaught and Diggersby in the cast was cool and Zygarde's complete forme was quite terrifying. ^^;

Speaking of Pangoro and Chesnaught, the scene of them fighting was apparently removed.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I kinda dig how sophisticated Zygarde's voice is.

There was something whimsically charming about this episode...Darkrai's appearence was underwhelming though. Otherwise I liked it.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's nice to see how Clemont has NO dreams to pursue and that Ash basically asked to be owned at the league rather than wishing to win it.

The only voices I found tolerable were Delphox's and Froakie's. The others sounded like idiots, implying that Pokemon get stuck with their young voices trying to sound tough at evolving.

ShadowForce720

I don't know if anyone has realized this but, the wish Bonnie made in this episode sort of came true consider what Pokémon XY&Z episode 21 is about. lol

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I don't know if anyone has realized this but, the wish Bonnie made in this episode sort of came true consider what Pokémon XY&Z episode 21 is about. lol

That was something I thought about right away. In fact all of their wishes came true.

A funny episode for me, the dub did quite well with it. I thought they gave Squishy quite a good voice, they made it seem like he was kind of regal in a way, although I'm probably just generalising English accents lol. Some of Meowth's lines were great, saying Jessie and James were acting more wacky than they already are was probably my favourite (because it's so true :p).

Aside from the new opening, there was nothing I enjoyed about this pointless episode.

Vipsoccermaster

This filler (can it even be called as one even though evolution happened here?) was very hilarious. Dubbing was great, too. Dream Delphox was pretty cool, too. Its voice was good, even. For others, I thought it seemed a bit off. But regardless, it was cool to see Darkrai turned this into a dream where evolution can happen at any time, Pokémon can ACTUALLY talk (barring Meowth), Pokémon as humans, and the like. Squishy was funny here, guiding Pikachu and Meowth into trouble and trying to save themselves.

Disappointing that the battle between Chesnaught and Pangoro was removed. Bet TPCi aren't happy about that again.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This episode was just plain strange but in an equally strange way, I quite liked it.

The fact that this episode wasn't the norm made it more engaging and to see Pokémon talk that don't normally added to the episode. Squishy was the star of the show and at times I thought it just liked to be awkward but I suppose you would when you're a legendary Pokémon travelling around in a pouch. My only criticism would be Darkrai as I thought it could do much more other than have it's eye glow and fly. Maybe Ash and Co could have distracted Darkrai to save Pikachu, Meowth and Squishy from the dream/nightmare but I guess the episode was fine without it.

Nice episode, onto the next one!

Pikachu52

It had a very odd plot line but like all episodes that focus on Pikachu it's very good. I really like that they gave Pikachu the focus in this episode as he hasn't had much attention since the Lumiose Gym battle and the Pikachu movie episode. Pikachu's actions and expression in this episode were adorable, especially him waking up thirsty, running with Zygarde on his back and dancing with his butt on fire. Loved Zygarde's bossy personality and it's British accent. Chespin and Pancham fighting at the end was funny too. Interesting to see Darkrai return to the series - I don't think we've seen one since the end of DP. Surprised nobody made a bigger deal of it considering it's a legendary Pokémon, but then this the 4th Darkrai Ash has encountered; one in Almos Town, One in Canalave, one with Tobias and now here. Is there more than one Darkrai or does the same one just keep reappearing.

9/10

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Why does the Team Flare representation look like the logo for Pokémon Sun? More Easter eggs?
Ok so this episode was a rather funny one yet it also was serious. I admire them trying to get us to to look at the figurative meaning of Team Flare destroying everything in their path to acquire Squishy and that Squishy is there to balance the ecosystem.
XD that British voice though. Also I believe Darkrai are a species and there are just many of them. Perhaps they're like messengers just like the one in the tenth movie. It's probably trying to tell Squishy and the others to make haste before Team Flare reaches Z2. I'm guessing Darkrai have the same ability as Olympia to predict when something dire is about to occur.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Is there more than one Darkrai or does the same one just keep reappearing.
While its far from always consistent, the anime has pretty much long established that (with some exceptions) there are multiples of most legendary pokemon, and at least some of them (Lugia) can breed.

Even in the games multiples of certain legendaries are confirmed (Diancie are noted to sometimes transform from Carbink, Heatran come in male and female, and the third gen pokedex entry refers to Latias traveling in small herds).