• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dream Match ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Between trainers which battles would you want to have seen in the anime?

Ash's Infernape vs. May's Blaziken - I would literally pay to see this battle, it would be the best in the anime.

Ash's Charizard vs. Iris' Dragonite - We had a small glimpse but not a big battle

Dawn's Piplup vs. Iris' Axew - Mascots duking it out of their respective region.

May's Venusaur vs. Ash's Sceptile - Another battle that I would pay to see, would be a bout to behold

Misty's Gyarados vs. Ash's Pikachu - Brings us back to the good old days and to bring us back to the good old days

Ash's Glalie vs. Paul's Froslass - Same evolutionary line that the battle could go either way

Gary's Blastoise vs. Ash's Charizard - See Misty's battle

Gary's Electivire vs. Paul's Torterra - A heavy hitting bout, that has a lot of people buzzing.

Start discussing folks, any others I missed?

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Ash's Sceptile vs. Ash's Infernape
Ash's Charizard vs. Tobias' Latios
Cynthia's Garchomp vs. Lance's Dragonite
Paul's Electivire vs. Gary's Electivire
Ash's Staraptor vs. Ash's Swellow
Tobias' Darkrai vs. Cynthia's Spiritomb
Iris' Dragonite vs. Paul's Torterra
Dawn's Togekiss vs. May's Blaziken

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
I do think Tobias's Darkrai and Latios could have been beaten with the right strategy, Trollbias as he's been referred to I think the writers out him in there just to use him as the biggest obstacle to overcome. Proper strategy and proper execution is a win for Ash

Ash vs. Tobias - Full Battle Rematch

Gary vs. Paul - Full Battle

Arrow-Jolteon

Electric Trainer
A full battle between Paul and Gary. With these matchups: Blastoise vs. Torterra, Electivire vs. Electivire, Umbreon vs. Weavile, Arcanine vs. Uraring, Nidoking vs. Magmortar, Nidoqueen vs. Drapion

Ash's Charizard (hopefully a Mega Charizard Y) vs. Alan's Mega Charizard X

Also, a proper battle between Iris and Georgia, since we never got one during BW

Full battles between: Ash and Misty, Ash and May, Ash and Dawn. Ash would use the respective teams from each region/s that he traveled with these girls.

Full battle between Ash and Brock.

And I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can think for now.

NPT

Just a member
- Ash vs. May full battle.
- A proper battle between Ash and Sabrina.
_ Ash vs. Cameron rematch
- Ash vs. Ritchie rematch
- Full battle between May and Misty
- Ash's Charizard vs. Tobias' Latios
- Brock vs. Cilan
- Clemont vs. Nando
- Ash vs. A.J. rematch

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
Paul's Torterra vs. Cynthia's Garchomp rematch
Ash's Squirtle vs. May's Wartortle

Ash vs. May full battle - in terms of strength and the bout being even all around. After May left and came back in Sinnoh, in my opinion she is the greatest Rival for Ash. (Paul has the honour in the series) Look at both teams Ash and May they are so evenly matched
Pikachu vs. Glaceon
Charizard vs. Blaziken
Sceptile vs. Venusaur
Buizel/Squirtle vs. Wartortle
Leavanny vs. Beautifly
Gible?(if he doesn't evolve) vs. Munchlax

Incredibly even if I say so

Navin

MALDREAD

Ash vs. May full battle - in terms of strength and the bout being even all around. After May left and came back in Sinnoh, in my opinion she is the greatest Rival for Ash. (Paul has the honour in the series) Look at both teams Ash and May they are so evenly matched
Pikachu vs. Glaceon
Charizard vs. Blaziken
Sceptile vs. Venusaur
Leavanny vs. Beautifly

Why Buizel, Leavanny, or Gible? Why not Infernape, Snorlax, or Glalie instead? Even with that team though, the advantage still goes to Ash. Charizard and Sceptile could probably take down 4 of Dawn's Pokemon by themselves.

phanpycross

God-king
I always found it cheap that 4 of the pokemon Paul used were unknown, it was like the writers knew they overbuffed honchkrow, torterra, and ursering. so a rematch would be in order.

Ash vs May is cool, but I would trade Charizard for glalie, the zard vs blaziken battle has happened before.

Gardenia's cacnea vs Ash's corphish, they were both gen 3 pokemon that evolved into dark types, and had a punching move only they could learn (kingler was uncatchable prior to FRLG).

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Pikachu vs. Glaceon
Charizard vs. Blaziken
Sceptile vs. Venusaur
Leavanny vs. Beautifly

I think you're giving May too much credit here. She's good but Charizard could go through half her team (potentially sweep). Add 8 Pikachu and Sceptile and this is overkill. The other 3 wouldn't even be needed IMO

Yeah, especially how the anime emphasizes that evolutions aren't everything, I fail to see how May would be his strongest rival. Even though her Pokemon are evolved, they've been raised to do contests, not full out battling. Iris would be a better match IMO

I'd like to see:

Misty's water types vs Iris' dragon types
Brandon vs Cynthia
Tobias vs Ash's best team
Gary vs Paul

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Paul vs. Tobias. I don't think Paul would win but I want to see how Paul would do in comparison to Ash.
Paul vs. Volkner. Volkner pushed end of region Ash all the way to the point where he needed Blaze to win. This would be a good match.
Virgil vs. Tyson. Team Eevee vs. OP Meowth and Friends
Misty vs. Iris 5 v 5

Status
Not open for further replies.