• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dream World Ability Discussion

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Has anyone else noticed that Delibirds DW ability is Insomnia?

It already had Vital Spirit.

DoleWhip

Trust me, it will still need the attack boost from DD in order to sweep. Agility only helps it outspeed a small number of things, mostly Scarfers. It might be able to use a Jolly nature over Adamant to help it outspeed more things, but it still isn't strong enough to sweep with Agility alone. Even though Crunch gets a boost and EQ doesn't, EQ is still probably the better move since it provides it with a way to hit Steels among other things super effectively. Regardless, it is definately a great ability for Feraligatr.
I haven't played competitively since Gen III, so I wasn't familiar with what works best on Feraligatr (such as dragon dance and earthquake beating agility and crunch).

Regardless, I have a soft spot for all the Johto starters, so it makes me happy how much Feraligatr has improved since its debut. Sheer Force really is an awesome ability for it.

cdawg3574

I DO THIS SH*T!!!!!
does vacuum wave work w/ iron fist? not sure, mite giv nasty plot ape a new toy...

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Speed Boost on not only Blaziken, but Sharpedo!!!

I like Sharpedo with Speed Boost, He's going to be popular imo since Blaziken doesn't have access to Ice moves.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Flash Fire Typhlosion still isn't very good. Heatran outclasses it in nearly every way, bar its Scarf Eruption which Heatran can't do well since it unfortunately has to be Quiet to use Eruption. Still with a weakness to SR and all, it doesn't make very good use of the move, plus it really won't hit that hard if it doesn't get the Flash Fire boost. While its still terrible, I think Charizard would be a better Scarf sweeper in the Sun. It has the same stats as Typhlosion, but it hits much harder and doesn't have to switch into a Fire move to work. Charizard still gets eaten alive by Rocks and Solar Power, but it is capable of hitting harder than Kyogre.

Actually, Eruption Heatran is Modest.

How's Vital Spirit on Magmortar?
And why did he get Mach Punch instead of Vacuum Wave.. -.-

Its slightly better than his other ability. I don't think Vacuume Wave matters much on Magmortar. Fire Blast / Thunderbolt / HP Grass / Focus Blast or Cross Chop is pretty much his flagship set and if it runs anything else hes losing out on hurting something.

Its slightly better than his other ability. I don't think Vacuume Wave matters much on Magmortar. Fire Blast / Thunderbolt / HP Grass / Focus Blast or Cross Chop is pretty much his flagship set and if it runs anything else hes losing out on hurting something.
Ok, thanks. :)

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Does Weak armor Skarmory seem useful? I mean, a hit means lower defence and higher speed, I thought using Curse with that could Manipulate whether you want Skarmory to be a defensive or sweepy, since Curse already offers Attack too. Iron Defense works the same, exept you trade the Attack for Defense.

Just wanted to know if this was actually useful of if Swords Dance and Sturdy was Better.

Does Weak armor Skarmory seem useful? I mean, a hit means lower defence and higher speed, I thought using Curse with that could Manipulate whether you want Skarmory to be a defensive or sweepy, since Curse already offers Attack too. Iron Defense works the same, exept you trade the Attack for Defense.

Just wanted to know if this was actually useful of if Swords Dance and Sturdy was Better.

Not really. Skarm capitalizes on its high defense. At least Sturdy will help him survive a strong special attack. Weak Armor is a waste on Skarm.