• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dream World is being planned from R / S / E?

Hello, everyone!

I'm starting on the forum, I'm from Brazil and a while I discovered something very interesting that I do not know if you know ...

Playing Pokemon Emerald version, inside the building of the Devon Corporation, soon on the second floor, one of the scientists talked and he said he was trying to play the dreams of Pokémon, but it was not working very well. Drew the conclusion that he was refirando the Dream World, what do you think? Then I took a print of the emulator:

emerald+4.png
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_-oa4g27SpCo/TRpGaPHaN0I/AAAAAAAADds/5-E9a08hdOI/s1600/emerald+5.png
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-oa4g27SpCo/TRpGayFwPeI/AAAAAAAADdw/4JY-jKpQNbI/s1600/emerald+6.png

Also, just to the left of this scientist, the other says it's trying to get us to interact with our Pokémon, something that came to happen in HG & SS ... Curious, no?

You already knew this information?

BCVM22

This isn't new, no. It's also likely coincidental at best. There's no reason to believe they would have hinted at a significant game mechanic two generations ahead of time.

Maybe they were just thinking of something similar ... So much so that 2 of these 2 items I mentioned happened recently. Well, coincidence or not, I think it's something interesting XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just another example of how R/S/E have influenced the newer games. Generation 3 truly is iconic.~ But seriously, I don't think it should be taken too seriously. This reminds me of the Picnicker from FR/LG who mentions that she wishes there were pink Pokémon with floral patterns and how it seems to foreshadow Munna; it's just a coincidence. But kudos to you for spotting that; I've been to the Devon Corporation building many times, but I don't remember talking to that guy before. :p

Sonrio

DOGARS
^Exactly.

I also remember that Picnicker, but it all seems too much. I mean, foreshadowing Pokemon and mechanics 2 generations ahead? It seems ridculous. Although they have foreshadowed the other games, like as in D/P/Pt, the Pokemon Center has a Gold/Silver pattern on the floor, foreshadowing HG/SS. But, GameFreak and the company must've looked back at the games(maybe trying to remake them. I wish....), and gotten the idea of the Dream World after looking back.

Gen 3 is my favorite one out of all, and will always have a special place in my heart. Nice job spotting that.

Thanks and DOGARS,
Sonrio~

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's possible, you never know what kinds of ideas are thrown around behind the scenes. A lot of these are probably ideas that were suggested and rejected at the time RSE were developed, and they came back to (or may come back to) later.

Ausgirl

I think that this is fairly well known and I think that the dream world is definately a nod to Hoenn. There's other things to consider as well like the mention of Stephen in Platinum, the fact that there was a lot of trainers in BW2 which had Hoenn pokemon (more than any other past generation pokemon) and the fact that some of the newer locations in BW2 even resembled places found in Hoenn. Taking into account that RS are the only classic games which haven't had a remake yet, and the fact that we've only just past their tenth anniversary I think the chances of a remake is very likely.

BCVM22

Whatever chances of a remake one believes there are have nothing to do with any of that. In particular, no, the Dream World as a concept and as a game mechanic is not a nod to Hoenn.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Perhaps the programmers happened to look back at the previous games and decided to take some concepts over? Unless it just so happens that the games all take place in a span of a few years? That was confirmed, wasn't it? So supposedly, the concept of Dream World may have been in the makings, but the scientists of Hoenn weren't successful at it unlike the scientists in Unova (unless they're the same person, gasp!).

So if anything, it's probably just a coincidence than a nod to the previous games, especially when the settings are different. It's like saying Shellder and Slowpoke were the first know fusion Pokémon and thus alluded to the fifth generation a decade down the line.

Ausgirl

Whatever chances of a remake one believes there are have nothing to do with any of that. In particular, no, the Dream World as a concept and as a game mechanic is not a nod to Hoenn.

I'm basing my opinion of hints in the games -there were hints in the previous games before HG/SS were released and there's a ton of hints suggesting that there will be a remake of RS as well.

Even the creator himself has suggested that a remake could be hitting the shelves in the near future.

Cutty

Forever now
Are we even discussing about remakes?

BCVM22

there were hints in the previous games before HG/SS were released

Just about all of which were circumstantial and didn't mean much. "Oh my god, the Poké Ball design on the floor of the Pokémon Center is colored gold and silver! REMAKES!" It was people seeing what they wanted to see.

Even the creator himself has suggested that a remake could be hitting the shelves in the near future.

Pretty sure this didn't happen, at least not as you're describing it, particularly since the actual "creator" is and always was very reclusive and doesn't have much to say about the franchise at this point.

Remakes will happen or they won't. Whether they do or don't, it won't be because they did or didn't "hint" at something and in the meantime, people are going to see what they want to see and interpret whatever they want as hints, no matter how little sense any of them make.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess

I'm not saying remakes are completely out of the question, but it won't happen in the near future. Maybe 2-3 years from now. If they do plan on remakes, I'm pretty sure at this point in time, it would be released on the 3DS, and they would probably wait until they have a main series game released on it before moving ahead with the remakes.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Does any one know what the Japanese Dialogue says? The translators could be swapping a joke that couldn't translate for some background text.

RSE was said to have been planned with Internet Capabilities a version of the Dream world could have been Planned but the system was discontinued before the GBA games where complete.

As for hints, they're subtle as "having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick." (I may have lifted it from a DVD I own.)

Just keep away form the RSE Remake Speculation, please.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Does any one know what the Japanese Dialogue says? The translators could be swapping a joke that couldn't translate for some background text.
Doubtful, since it's not meant to be a joke. A lot of these things sound like fantasies, out of this world ideas that seem like pipe dreams. IDK much about Japanese culture, but I don't think that would be any different to them.
RSE was said to have been planned with Internet Capabilities a version of the Dream world could have been Planned but the system was discontinued before the GBA games where complete.
Really? That's interesting. That certainly supports the theory that the DW stemmed from RSE, then. I wonder why they waited until 5th gen to implement it, though.