• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dream World Line Art to My Style

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I've recently discovered an easy way to cnvert DW art into Black and White outlines only, and figured I might aswell share these, and test them also.

Emboar is the test pig.

Here's the results...

iaza16701665588900.png
iaza16701666065600.png
iaza16701645227700.png

iaza16701659541000.png

C&C ask Q's whatever.
iaza16701678347600.png

and the line art for Gigiasu

Pokemon DW art copyright GameFreak, I in No way own the outlines.

obviously somoene with more Photoshop Knowhow than me can make sugimori style stuff with this.
\

and somthing by me, hand drawn, then scanned and colored
iaza16701627882400.png

It's how I picture the attack when Chaobuu uses it.

Last edited:

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
MF08!

Hey, these are swell! I'm lovin' the lineart so far on Gigiasu. I like how you pay close attention to the line quality on most of these, because you do that, the features of the pokemon are more evident.

Zuruzukin is like a perfect 10. he's got proper shading, and color scheme complementing the form.

Embroar is great as well, my favorite part is the highlights on his arms which reflects the fire's inconsistant light source. I do wonder if you'd taken the lineart out of his flames and free ranged the fire to make it realistic, it would immensly complement your style. imo.

Shiny flygon is okay, but it really needs to up its shadow contrast. he's looking a little flat.

Chaobuu's dogpile stamp is just plain legit. These are coming along nicely MetalFlygon, keep @ it!

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Whoops,had a layer disabled on flygon...here's what it is supposed to look like.

iaza16701692444000.png

I've never noticed the tail stripes having the v pattern on it!
and do you mean somting like this for emboar?
iaza16701693278500.png

EDIT:did scizor

iaza16701659541000.png

Last edited:

Northern Lights

[BritishSarcasm]
I've been trying the Dream World style recently but I love how you've done the shading.
How did you do the shading actually? I've been using the burn and dodge tools on 34% exposure.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I've been using a combonation of Burn/Dodge and brushes set on 21% opacity, you an see the effects of the Brush on cizor's (our) right claw, I was trying to mimic the sugimori style, so 1st I put a darker shade of red, then burned it, save a small stripe, then I take the smudge tool and just hold it over the edges of color changes to blend them a little, I've found that they look pixalated in their current size, but look more realistic when shrunk down ever so much.

I was going to use layeres masks to do each color area (but didn't becuase I failed and didn't notice anti-aliased was checked) and ended up just selecting areas via Magic wand, coloring, shading, and highlighting that area all at once, then moving to the next area.