• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dream World

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
The Dream World was a website that you could link your save file with in Black, White, Black 2 and White 2 to access mini games. After winning a mini game you could befriend a Pokemon and transfer it to your game but you could only access the Dream World once every 24 hours and stay logged in for only 1 hour per day.

What did you think of this creative feature in Generation 5? Did you have any good memories of using it?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I loved the mini-games from the Dream World, such as the ice cream scoop game. I disliked the limitations on the Dream World website however, and I remember thinking that overtime the time limit would be removed, although that never happened for some reason. It was a fun way to spend an hour, though.

Monozu

この日、森の中・・・
One thing I especially loved in the Dream World was the trainer customisation, where you could buy different outfits and create a sprite of your character. At the time I was always making my own trainer sprites in MS Paint, so it's not surprising I enjoyed that, haha. I also liked growing Berries, but didn't log in often enough to get a full experience of it.

I did find it frustrating to actually get the Dream World to connect to the DS game, though. Changing the time on your DS and/or playing the game on a different DS meant that you couldn't log in for the day, which often caught me out. Even if you were allowed to connect, it wasn't always guaranteed you'd get in to the Dream World because the server only allowed a limited number of connections or something. As far as I can remember, that's why I didn't use it regularly.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Monozu said:
One thing I especially loved in the Dream World was the trainer customisation, where you could buy different outfits and create a sprite of your character. At the time I was always making my own trainer sprites in MS Paint, so it's not surprising I enjoyed that, haha. I also liked growing Berries, but didn't log in often enough to get a full experience of it.

I actually disliked planting Berries in the Dream World because it took a while and required us to log in frequently to water them, and it was frustrating that it was the only method of growing Berries in Gen V. But one thing that I did like was how we could customize our Dream World homes with furniture.

TwilightBlade

The Dream World was great because you could get hidden ability Pokemon although I didn't like that we had to access the Dream World through the web. I think it should've been a separate handheld game altogether.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
The Dream World was great because you could get hidden ability Pokemon although I didn't like that we had to access the Dream World through the web. I think it should've been a separate handheld game altogether.

As tedious as the Dream World website was with its frequent maintenance periods, I preferred that over it being a completely separate side game since I wouldn't have wanted to pay just to access the Dream World.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like how this tied into getting Hidden Abilities and has connections to in game events/locations but I disliked the limitations.

Sakuyamon

Dream World had some cool mini games like the ice cream scoop staking game but the searching game where you had to find a lost Pokemon was hard. Sometimes you'd waste a lot of time just going in circles looking for the Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sakuyamon said:
Dream World had some cool mini games like the ice cream scoop staking game but the searching game where you had to find a lost Pokemon was hard. Sometimes you'd waste a lot of time just going in circles looking for the Pokemon.

The Pokemon Seek mini-game was actually one of my favorite ones, and while it's true that it could often go on for too long in some instances, I was pretty good at finding the hidden Pokemon quickly.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I loved it and honestly miss it. If BW ever gets a remake it'd be neat if they actually brought it back in some capacity
Dream World Arceus helped me finally get the Pokemon, leaving Jirachi as the one Pokemon I didn't own for the longest time. Now it's just Melmetal...

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Dream World Arceus helped me finally get the Pokemon, leaving Jirachi as the one Pokemon I didn't own for the longest time. Now it's just Melmetal...

I remember the poll that was conducted to see what the special promotional Dream World Pokemon would be, and Metamon (Ditto) came close to winning, although I was glad that Arceus won instead. I wish that more polls like that had been conducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.