• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dreams by the Yard Full (665)

MewAura

Yeah.. After that ending, Iris definitely wants to become a Gym Leader. Why else would she say it's a secret? Because that means it's something that Ash knows about, she just doesn't want to tell. This will be a very interesting 7th/8th gym series.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I think Fennel sounded like either Sarah or Veronica

Torpoleon

I thought the episode was eh, but that's fine since we just finished a gym battle. The remainder of Ash VS Cilan was nice as well as seeing that Iris's Axew wanted to become a Haxours in the future. Other than that, the episode did seem somewhat boring to me.
7.5/10

Alex048

Master of the Mind
The third game name.

Did anyone else catch the hint during the Team Rocket motto this episode? Jessie said white, James said black, and Meowth said chrome. As in Pokemon Chrome? I sure think so.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Today's episode was dang awesome. Oshawott never dis apoints me when he acts silly during Ash's Gym battle.

Cilan is really growing on me, so it'll be great to have him on the show. Cant go wrong with a main character voiced by Jason Griffith anyway. :p

Iris, totally random as usual. I liked how she surprised Ash from appearing out of a tree.

I cannot wait until Iris's Axew evolves~ Knowing he dreamed about it during the episode. But who knows how long that will take.

For Audino being the Pokemon of WTP?, it's "Auh - Dih - No?" Ive been pronouncing it as "Auh - Dea- No". Ah well. :p

Munna/Musharna were both pretty neat to see in the anime, and they were so cute. x3 Munna sounded adorable to add.

Glad to finally understand that Iris is going to travel with Ash, along with Cilan after today's episode. Finally we got our trio!

@Alex- yeah I thought Mewoth looked pretty grey, but I missed the Chrome part. I only have a feeling that can possibly be the enhanced version's name. xD

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Did anyone else catch the hint during the Team Rocket motto this episode? Jessie said white, James said black, and Meowth said chrome. As in Pokemon Chrome? I sure think so.

I don't think he said Chrome. Besides its to early for anyone to know bout new version

travisjb90

This was an awesome episode. Ash finished an awesome battle against Cilan. I am happy for Ash beating Cilan and getting his first Unova Badge. Cilan is a really cool character and I am glad that he is going with Ash on his adventure. I am glad all three of them decided to travel together. Seeing Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny was cool. I like Fennel. She was a cool character. I felt bad for Musharna because of those greedy people. Seeing Fraxure and Haxorus was really cool too!!! I can't wait until next week.

Aegon

For Audino being the Pokemon of WTP?, it's "Auh - Dih - No?" Ive been pronouncing it as "Auh - Dea- No". Ah well. :p

Well, Audino is a play on the phrase "I dunno", similar to how its Japanese name sounds like a phrase.

How were "Munna" and "Musharna" pronounced? I presume Moo-nah and Moo-shar-nah .

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Well, Audino is a play on the phrase "I dunno", similar to how its Japanese name sounds like a phrase.

How were "Munna" and "Musharna" pronounced? I presume Moo-nah and Moo-shar-nah .

Not quite, it's Audino because it sounds like Audio, because it's the hearing Pokemon. It's just Audio with an N in it.

Apparently Munna was pronounced differently.

wind21

I liked a few things about this episode. For the most part, I thought the dialogue was really good. Ash's strategy to get back Oshawatt's shell (yes, finally learned its name) was a typical one from him. And then, it sort of wasn't. What I really liked, though, was how Iris taunted Ash after the victory, saying he made things harder than he needed to. I think it's interesting because it's the 3rd time that comes to my mind where a scene like this has happened at the first gym; there was also Misty's offering to Ash to use her water pokemon back against Brock, and then there was also Dawn advising Ash to use some of the water pokemon he had back with Oak in the gym battle against Roark. Iris makes her comments after Ash has won, so that makes this scene a little different. And honestly, she's right in a way. There's really no reason Ash had to make things harder here; he's got nothing to prove, and so the act seems like he's showing off. But he does back it up, and from a positive standpoint, that's a way to create respect for Ash, at least for new viewers.

However, the negative way to look at this is, again, it seems like Ash is showing off. Or, one could argue that he's Ash, and so he's doing this for the fun of the challenge. Still, I find that a bit shallow, and for old time viewers, I don't feel any better about Ash that he actually came through here. Truthfully, it just feels like a gimmick to tie in with the games (or maybe, the games had the gimmick to tie in with the anime...who knows?), and the fact that Iris emphasizes it (though I did enjoy the teasing; it was my favorite part) just makes me feel like the writers really wanted me to be impressed by the feat. And since I'm not, I feel like I'm really out of touch with what's going on.

The writers also shoot themselves in the foot in showing how impressed Cilan is with Ash overcoming a type disadvantage; seemingly, Cilan isn't very experienced, if as a gym leader he hasn't come across a challenger who hasn't won with a type disadvantage. In fact, didn't Pikachu lose with a type advantage earlier in this gym match (hope I'm remembering right)? That's really not anything to be impressed about.

On the positive side, I can see why Cilan took a liking to the way Ash and Iris interacted, and why he would want to travel with them. If this had been his sole reason for traveling with Ash, then I think that would have been more effective and reasonable than Cilan wanting to travel with Ash to learn from him. I did like how Cilan made a small joke at the end of the episode that he's traveling with Ash b/c Ash didn't answer his questions.

The professor lady was an extreme negative in this episode, to me. She seemed so shallow, and her effectiveness entirely relied on her looks, in my opinion.

I want to talk a bit more about Oshawatt, and what I meant by Ash maybe acting a little out of character. In general, I've had 2 dislikes about Oshwatt: 1 has been how much attention has been focused on it at the expense of Ash's other pokemon (besides Pikachu, which is unfortunate, in my opinon; Pikachu is an established character and doesn't need that type of attention), and 2) is how amazing its shell is shown to be. I don't really understand how its shell can be THAT much stronger than another shell. To understand my dislike for the emphasis on this weapon for Oshwatt, one scene from DBZ I took to heart was the one where Trunks fought King Cold, who proposed that the only reason Trunks beat Frieza was his sword. Trunks played along and gave King Cold his sword, and, when King Cold attacked him with the sword, easily stopped the assault, saying the weapon doesn't make the man (dubbing thing, I'm sure, but said really well). I would have preferred to see Ash win the battle by having Oshawatt use some tactic that didn't involve its shell, so that I would have a better feeling about its skills in battle (and not how amazing its shell is).

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This is off topic but due to the disaster in Japan will Pokemon go on a hiatus like they did after the porygon inccednt? If so would the USA do the same or just keep going? I'm guess TPCI has about the first 52 episodes of Black and White since the episodes are made like a year ahead in Japan.

Brandon00151

This is off topic but due to the disaster in Japan will Pokemon go on a hiatus like they did after the porygon inccednt? If so would the USA do the same or just keep going? I'm guess TPCI has about the first 52 episodes of Black and White since the episodes are made like a year ahead in Japan.

I guess it depends whats going on by time thursday comes around and if the Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear Core thing is still taking over the Japanese media. When it comes to the english dub I would think that they would keep airing episodes until they run out or reach a point that they are no longer authorized to show them, but either way I don't see them catching up to Japan any time soon or at all. Maybe within 10 episodes but Im sure they'll start airing them in Japan again before then.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I thought this episode was decent at best. As usual, always nice to see some more new pokemon. I do have to admit that I do not like Cillan. He's a bit annoying and he kinda creeps me out. I also am not too fond of thew new Team Rocket. I kinda miss Brock and and "lame" Team Rocket.

SmartD

It was a good episode. Ash beats Cilan and gets the Trio badge. Also, Team Rocket tries to use the energy from the Dreamyard, but Ash and the others stop Team Rocket. I wonder what are they up to. Finally Cilan joins the group. I can't wait for the next episode.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Did Munna & Musharna use their Japanese voices for the dub?

BlueDragonfangirl

I always liked this episode, introduction of our new trio and I think they have the best chemistry yet. Dento is a funny guy, him fanboying Ash like that I don't know how to put it. Was any one else freaked out by Jenny's English dubbed voice actress? Creeped me out a bit LOL. I liked the music during Ash V.S Team Rocket battle, the battle itself was fun. Over all a good episode and look forward to next weeks ^^

Blazios

No, he didn't. That's called an accent.

Did Munna & Musharna use their Japanese voices for the dub?

Yes, I think so.

For those who want to know, it used dub music when Ash won the badge instead of the Surf theme. :(

And they had Ash say "Who's that Pokémon?" twice in a row...

Oh, and they changed "IT'S TASTING TIME!" to "The time for the battle to be served is here!" Far less awesome, IMO.

Last edited: