• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dreamworks or Pixar?

Dreamworks or Pixar

• Total voters

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
I love Pixar. They make the greatest movies ever. Generally, I've never met anyone who claimed to like Dreamworks better, but I was curious, because the people who said Pixar is better generally were in Pixar threads.

So, which is your favorite?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Pixar is much more classic, but Dreamworks has a bunch of gems that I wouldn't pass up either (How to Train Your Dragon and Despicable Me anyone?)

Imma vote Dreamworks just to be Devil's Advocate, but they are both great studios. Pixar has a much better track record though (minus Cars 2 all their movies are well received)

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
Daang...

Pixar's always a classic (ignoring Cars), but Dreamworks has really stepped up in recent years...to me, it's like Up v HTTYD (which Up barely wins due to it being a bit more adult IMO).

In my honest opinion, I think Pixar deals with more mature issues than Dreamworks (I'm assuming we're talking about their animation, not their real studio). Dreamworks is crisp, clean and thoroughly entertaining, but I think Pixar has more appeal to people over a certain age.

Autis-misc

Abridger
In all Honesty, I Hate both of them. Yeah, Pixar has Toy story, bugs life... But the voice acting to me was horrible.

As for Dreamworks, Shrek was the only good series to come out of it (I have not seen Puss in boots, but I might).

I don't like or love either, and Lilo and stitch is still the greatest kids movie ever, So I'd say Disney, but that's not a choice.

Ill go with Dreamworks.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Great Works by Pixar
Toy Story 1-3
Bug's Life
Monsters Inc.
Wall-E
Cars 1-2
Up
Finding Nemo
The Incredibles

Great Works by Dream Works
Shrek 1-4
Puss-in-Boots
Kung Fu Panda 1-2
How to Train Your Dragon
Over the Hedge

My Personal Winner: Pixar

ForeverFlame

Pixar appeals to entire families simultaneously with its mixture of humor, heartwarming stories, and adult issues that everyone can enjoy. Dreamworks appeals to children and adults separately with its humor and adult humor. It's impossible for families to fully enjoy Dreamworks movies because children and adults get something different out of them.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Pixar is much more classic, but Dreamworks has a bunch of gems that I wouldn't pass up either (How to Train Your Dragon and Despicable Me anyone?)

Despicable Me is not DreamWorks, it's by Illumination Entertainment.

I love both studios, but Pixar is my all-time favorite. I've grown up with them, and their movies are well thought out and beautiful. They're also more kid-friendly than DreamWorks is, even though DreamWorks says they appeal to families, and they do, but more for the older children. However, the latter has been making great movies for themselves that I'm surprised people don't really pay much attention to. Which is a shame, they are finally getting past their hatred for Disney and making well-done movies. I'm actually torn between How to Train Your Dragon, Megamind, and the Kung Fu Panda movies as my favorites.

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
Dreamworks has Shrek, which I love. But other than that I only mildly enjoyed their other productions. With Pixar I adore Toy Story(1, 2 and especially 3), Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Up and Wall-E.

G50

No longer posting
Pixar, I rarely ever see Dreamworks movies.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Dreamworks.

Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, Over the Hedge, How to Train Your Dragon, and many more of their movies are awesome, full of action, and have great, memorable characters. I also love the humor in them, and they're great to watch again and again.

It's not to say Pixar is bad. though. Many of their movies are good, but I just don't find myself getting as attached to the Toy Story series, Wall-E, Cars, Up, and so on. Many of these movies I watch once, and they're good for that one time, but they're not the kind of movie I would watch again and again. I'd have to say, we own way more Dreamworks movies in our DVD/Blue-Ray collection than Pixar movies.

As far as animation quality goes, I'd say they're both equal.

kochoupink

butts lol
Um. Up was the best movie ever made. Actually. It actually was.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
If you don't say Pixar you are a dirty whore who needs to burn