1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dreamworks or Pixar?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Blue Saturday, Sep 6, 2014.

?

Dreamworks or Pixar

1. Dreamworks

22.6%
  2. Pixar

77.4%
  1. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Which do you prefer? They both work in similar fields, which is best to you?

2. Kuvario

Kuvario I am who I am...because of them.

Pixar is personally my favorite. I like their movies more than Dreamworks, but Dreamworks are not at all bad in any way.

I don't know about best though, since they're both great.

3. Pixar, though I'm very fond of DreamWorks as well: both are great.

4. RzK

RzK Meow

Both of them are awesome, but Pixar has a larger number of memorable films imo. In the recent years though DreamWorks have made some amazing movies like KFP and KFP2, which was even better and the Dragon ones. I'd say they're almost equal.

5. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

animation: pixar, otherwise, dreamworks.

6. shadow wolf

shadow wolf The one and only!

I like them both, but for me, Pixar is far more emotional.

7. Huhadude

Huhadude Banned

I'd say Pixar. Pixar is the best at animation and I've watched a lot of Pixar movies.

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Pixar all the way tbh. The Toy Story franchise alone >>>>> everything Dreamworks has ever released in my humble opinion.

9. Sutittaja

Sutittaja Lightning zebra

Even I like both, I like Pixar more. Many of my favorite movies are from Pixar, so it is better in my opinion

But there is some movies that are my favorites which maker is Dreamworks, like How to train your dragon and Kung Fu panda.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  10. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

Even if my life or a loved one's life was on the line, I would not be able to choose my favorite studio. Yes, Pixar has the more memorable films, and was the one who set the milestone in animation. However, Dreamworks has been letting go of their hate for Disney (in some way), and forgoing pop culture references to make a better story, and it shows. Kung Fu Panda I feel was when the company started to take movies much more seriously while still keeping that charming Dreamworks flair (minus the pop culture, of course). In fact, their movies have started to surpass Pixar's films, if you ask me (yes, Mr. Peabody & Sherman was great, it just sucks that they didn't turn a profit from it). Pixar still makes good films, but after Toy Story 3 or even Up, they just haven't felt the same. I still love their movies, but everything just feels... different. It's not a bad thing, it was going to happen anyway, but it's almost like they're stumbling in their story-telling. Brave is still a good film, but when compared to the other films, it just doesn't feel right to me, and I had left that theater a little disappointed. (Probably doesn't help that it reminds me of Brother Bear.)

It's just so hard to pick between which ones are my favorite, because they're of equal tier in my opinion. However... I think I will have to go for Dreamworks at this point. How to Train Your Dragon is one of my all-time favorite animated movies, and the sequel was amazing. I'm worried about Home, but hopefully, and I do mean hopefully it doesn't disappoint. Though honestly, I feel like the bar's a little low on this one, but it might surprise me. I hope it does.

11. Mister_SGG

Mister_SGG Well-Known Member

No question. The only memorable DW film that comes to mind is Shrek (I know I'm forgetting a couple pretty good ones), and Pixar has a laundry list of great films.

12. AlbinoDino

AlbinoDino Icy Swirls

Pixar all the way, though there are some decent DW moves.

13. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Both brands have released some interesting movies, but I sided with Pixar on this one because it has way more memorable movies and characters over Dreamworks. I guess it's all because Pixar works with the entertainment giant that is Disney.

14. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Both great companies but Pixar is superior.

15. Jerre

Jerre Gogoat!

I like Pixar movies more than than Dreamworks ones...

I grew up with Toy Story. Then heard about Monsters Inc. But never got a chance to watch it. Only rented and played the PS1 game. I like the story, atmosphere and the characters more in Pixar movies than the Dreamworks ones. But How to train your Dragon is curently my top DW movie.

16. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

I put Pixar because Dreamworks films tend to be pretty hit or miss for me. Though I will admit that Pixar has been caught in a rough patch pretty recently. With How to Train your Dragon 2 exceeding the original by a long shot, Dreamworks could easily take over. Pixar just needs to calm down with the sequels for a little bit, or really, really work on them.

17. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

Disney Animation. But between those two I'd say Pixar pre Cars 2 era.

18. RzK

RzK Meow

Sadly, Executive Meddling means Pixar won't stop creating a lot of sequels alongside original stories. Cars 2 is said to have been only for merchandising and launching Planes etc. spinoffs. DW will definitely leave Pixar behind if Inside Out fails to succeed, because Panda 3 is just round the corner.

19. dragontamer44722

dragontamer44722 Pokegyms Owner

I like movies from both companies, but I feel that the Pixar movies had more of an impact on me. I can't tell you how many times I've watched Up and cried in the beginning, or Toy Story 3 at the end (don't judge me xD) DreamWorks tends to be more action, but they don't give me the same emotional connection as Pixar's movies.

20. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

Pixar hands down.

I grew up with Pixar, and those movies have a special place in my heart. I can't say the same for Dreamworks. In fact, the only Dreamworks films I can honestly say I love belong to the Shrek series.