• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dreary Overcasts - A Jellicent Horror story, rated R, part 1 of the Mincinno Saga)

Mr.FusRoDah

Many wonder how in the Unova dex, it speaks of Jellicent being a dangerous life force consuming monster which sinks ships and claims all who are aboard. This is the exact reason why they are so feared and loathed.

The year was 1935. Long before Team Rocket, Team Plasma, Team Galactic, or any other team, there were other syndicates, although many of them were only partially Pokemon geared. The group we speak of in this story is a Mafia group, notorious for using Pokemon as cheap labor, dumb muscle, and sometimes, as hitmen. They called themselves "The Mincinno Family". They were a Mafia family which was growing in prominensce in the growing Castelia City during the 30s. One of the top smugglers was Frankie Cincinno, a fat, cigar smoking, drug running, bootlegging, no good mafioso. Well known for being behind at least 3 dozen pokemon related human killings in a 3 year period, but due to the corrupt nature of the police before the Pokemon Nation police reform of 1947, where they done away with much of this corruption, he was getting off scott free.

Under him was his Right hand man, a made man, named Gionni DeViva. They were returning from a "business" cruise from Kanto, after buying a large shipment of "Red Fury", a relative to the revival herb. It is a major stimulant which can be extremely addictive, and in mid-30s pokedollars, it's value was well worth the time. Gionni lit his cigarette, and said to Frankie "Hey Frankie, how are those Machops doing?".

Frankie replied "Doing good, those dumb animals don't listen very well though. Maybe we need to smack them with a bat again.". Frankie bellowed with much laughter, Gionni grinned and chuckled at the thought of taking another bat to the side of a disobedient Machops's head again, seeing as they don't tend to listen very good when they are first stolen from trainers.

"Where the hell are we?" Said Gionni. Frankie replied "We're about a quarter mile from Unova Route 1.", which is where they had to sneak around to get the shipment in, seeing as being caught with this can land you in the slammer for 20 years. Frakie then yelled "Hey, Bambino, get in here, you moron!". A large, hefty man walked in there and said "Yeah Boss, what the hell do you want?". Frankie said "'Bout time someone keeps an eye for police ships, huh?".

Bambino then proceeded to walk out to the poop deck. Frankie and Gionni began to discuss business in other regions. Unova and Kanto were a start. Orre was a good place to stage arena fights, make bonus cash. Hoenn is one big Torchic, just waiting to get plucked. Johto is a cake walk, while Sinnoh might be too far out for their interests.

Meanwhile, Bambino ran back in. "Boss, we might have a problem!".

Frankie went out on the deck. "HONESTLY, WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM! SOMEBODY BETTER ANSWER, OR YOUR ALL GETTING WHACKED!".

Bambino said "We got a man overboard, and another man is saying it was some blue jellyfish thing!"

"What the hell?" Frankie said.

The crew member was over in the corner, shaking in fear. "Frankie, it was some freakie thing! I think it is a Frillish!".

Frankie looked at him and said "You're a quack, it was probably a jumpy tentacool."

Gionni then pointed out the fact that they are out of Tentacool teritory.

Frankie then said "Wiseass, who asked you?". Gionni then tossed his cig he's been draggin' on for a while, and said "Whatever, dude.". Frankie then yelled "I don't believe in those Frillish stories. I have never seen one in my life!".

They began to pass Nuvema town and toward Route 1. Frankie went back to his room and snorted a line of ground Red Fury.

"Hey Gionni, you want a line?". "Nah, I'm fine.". Said Gionni.

Bambino then charged into the room and said "BOSS, WE HAVE A REAL SITUATION! SOMETHING BLEW A HOLE IN THE HULL!".

Frankie then pulled out his Thompson .45 Submachine Gun, and let out his prize Cincinno, Peanuts. He then said "Someone's mother better be a good stitcher, because they're going to need stitching!".

He ran out on deck, and saw half of the ship hands, including the witness, were gone, then others were getting their guns ready. The machops on deck were uneasy. The ship was beginning to go under.

Frankie then said "Oh ****, where's the lifeboat?". Gionni saw Bambino and 3 crew members riding off in it. "Bambino, you suck Drilburs!" yelled Frankie.

Bambino said "The day I go down with this ship is the day that purple sludge from factories comes to life!".

Just then, a deep gray mist overcame the area. The ship was 3/4 of the way down. There were machops trying to swim, and crew members panicking. Gionni knew something was about to go down. He let his Klinklang, a new species at the time, out of it's pokeball and said "Stay on guard, looks like Luck's being a lady tonight!".

Bambino and his crewmates just got out of view when they heard strange ghostly calls and heard Bambino scream "Help, somebody get this Calimari off of me!".

Frankie then said "Peanuts, get ready to use your bullet seed. Just then, a crewmate's machop got grabbed by something and pulled in the water. Frankie said "What the hell is going on? I think I snorted too much Red Fury!".

Frankie then heard the ship's cabin door creak and opened fire on it, wasting half of his clip of ammo. They heard another eerie call, this one much deeper. Around then, dozens of soulless eyes were staring back at them through the water. They began to emerge from the mist, climbing onto the sinking ship. Frankie opened fire on the first Frillish that emerged, all in vain. The crewmates sent their machops into battle with them, but the frillish seemed to come full force toward the vital spirits of the machops, latching onto then, parylizing them, and then slithering with their stunned prey off into the water. The ship suddenly jerked and fell further into the water, now fully submerged, as pieces of driftwood floated around. Peanuts fired it's bullet seeds upon the frillishes, which dealt with 10-12 of them. Suddenly, dozens of Jellicents appeared, echoing the deeper, more eerie calls from earlier. Frankie tried to swim toward a piece of drift wood, but a Jellicent used Energy ball to stun him. 3 Frillish then swarmed on him and began to pull him under, sapping his energy meanwhile. Gionni was holding onto a piece of driftwood, somehow avoiding being seen by the hungry Jellicent and frillish.

He grabbed the black box floating nearby him and began to speak into it every detail, every sight, and every horror he has seen, and began to scream as Peanuts was drained of his lifeforce by a large male Jellicent. He could see them surrounding him, from above, from below, and around him, closing in. He called out to Klinklang for help. He looked above to see that Klinklang wasn't there, then saw it was already under, horribly burned by Will O Wisp and then Hexed. It then became apparent to Gionni that some of these Jellicent must have been let loose out here by a rival family, but that doesn't matter now, he is going to die. He looked under as a smaller Jellicent wrapped it's tendrils around him arm, and a frillish began to syphon his energy from behind. He began to look at the sky above him as he was going under, being pulled into the abyss 5 miles under by these predators of the deep, life force vampires like none others. It didn't matter now, he is dying.

When he gets to Hell, he'll see Frankie there with him, as they pay for how many lives they've taken and corrupted all in the name of the Mincinno family. But, none of that is crossing his mind at the moment, because his mind is numbed by the lack of energy inside him. All he can think is how cold it is down here, and how black it is getting in the water, as he is dying.

This is an original story, that just sort of came out of me today. I hope you enjoy, and I do plan on adding more chapters to the Mincinno family Saga.

Btw, song that comes into mind with this story to me -
All Mine, by Portishead.
So 1930ish sounding, and kinda how a Frillish or a Jellicent sees it's prey.

Last edited by a moderator:

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Pooe peanuts. Is Frankie alive? I know his crew and fevorite pet is jellified to spirits. What about frankie? did he live?