• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dressed for Jess Success! (614)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Contest! Suiren Convention!

Finally in Suiren Town, it is time for Dawn's next contest campaign in order for her to try and earn her 5th and final ribbon. Training her Cyndaquil & Mamoswine, she is eager to win. With her strategy for Mamoswine mimiccing Grotle's strategy that it used against Palmer, she is sure to have a chance. However, with James replacing Jessie in the contest due to illness, she is sure to have a massive challenge on her hands. Will Dawn win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

JD

Yayy for james I Knew that he was going to win this one carnivine was amazing

Squaaah

Yay! I was hoping James would win this one. Goes to show that sometimes theres nothing wrong with cheating.

Boomguy

Lol so its true Team Rocket scored thier 3rd ribbon. Did James beat dawn in the final?

Valorous

So I take it Piplup DIDN'T learn Surf? Sigh, damn contest appeals.......just a modified whirlpool..

not really... a whirlpool covered over a penguin using BIDE.

omfg... mamoswine went berserk in the episode.. it even ended up destroying the jury stand. yay Jessie 3 ribbons...

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Pretty cool way to take this thing, and always great to see James and Meowth succeed, as well as success for Carnivine, who I've never felt has made enough of an impact on the series.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I worry for Dawn's future as a Coordinator if James of all people could beat her. I mean, I understand that this was Mamoswine's first Contest, but... I mean, it's JAMES.

Amnael717

James has his awesome moments. hell i think if james werent part of team rocket and actually used his pokemon like mime.jr to their full potential he could be pretty good

Chimchartrainer07

Dang Carnivine totally owned Mamoswine in the battle, and if I looked at the pics on flib.de correctly then Mamo took out the judges station.

Gotta hand it to James though, he really stepped up his game and the appeal with Meowth was brilliant, since we haven't seen an appeal like it in a contest, though when Jessie borrowed Cacturne from Harley it did slice up a turnip, but this was WAY better. Now Jessie has 3 ribbons, and I'm going to guess that either she gets all 5 and goes to the GF when Dawn does, or she gets 4 battles Dawn in the finals of the very last contest and loses.

I must say this episode made me happy, and made up for the crap that was the Gible episode. Sorry I just don't like Kazunari. I had a feeling he'd get it in the end, but he's just so annoying.

realarcastform

Rotom Trainer
Well what a wiird week it has been.
James winning a contest.
Ash losing a Gible.

What are you on writers?
Sure Jessie needs ribbons but couldn't you have pulled another Fantina- contest battle while a gym however we would have missed these examples of unexpected awesomeness.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
i suprised they didn't ban dawn from competeing in contests due to what happened, i mean Mamoswine freaking lost it when it faught Carnivine.

TicoPokemonMaster

I've got to say that this surprised me. But good for James. From what I remember he hasn't had a shinning moment in Sinnoh until now. I guess Dawn still need some trainning to do. Plus it not like we've seen her train with Mamoswine during the time that Ash battle Palmer until now.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I worry for Dawn's future as a Coordinator if James of all people could beat her. I mean, I understand that this was Mamoswine's first Contest, but... I mean, it's JAMES.

James is the better Trainer between him and Jessie. It's just he very rarely battles because he doesn't like seeing his Pokemon hurt.

Guy has a big heart to do something like this in light of that. Really.

Sure Jessie needs ribbons but couldn't you have pulled another Fantina- contest battle while a gym however we would have missed these examples of unexpected awesomeness.

We'll probably see that anyway since Jessie needs 2 and Dawn just needs 1 more. Besides Jessie (or James ... whatever) is the only one of Dawn's regular Rivals that hasn't beaten her directly yet. Dawn will probably win her next Contest in any case. It's not like she isn't getting into the Grand Festival.

From what I remember he hasn't had a shinning moment in Sinnoh until now.

Yep. This has been a long time coming for him and Meowth both. :)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, the next contest will likely be the last one of Sinnoh.

Jessie's 4th ribbon will probably happen quickly off-screen like the second ribbon win...

The final contest could come down to Dawn Vs. Jessie for the 5th, like the BF arc ended with May Vs. Jessie for the final ribbon. Back then Jessie was using Harley's Pokemon though, so this time she would use her own.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
I can't believe that James managed to pull it off. First he beat Dawn in the semi-finals then win the the ribbon which is count as Jessie's third ribbon. If there was two more contests like 1 is for Jessie and the other one is four Dawn. Then both will be in the Grand Festival. And when Jessie loses, then her identity will be revealed. I'm sorry that Dawn lost this contest. But I know that she will win in the end.