• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dressed for Jess Success! (614)

Moreover, this episode once again showed why James is the secret mastermind of the Rocket trio. If he weren't a member of said team, I bet you that he would be a highly successful trainer, and I dare say perhaps even a gym leader.

When I read that, I actually visualized him as being a gym leader. That would be pretty neat. James as the future gym leader for Viridian City. Awesome!

I thought Dawn was going to quit doing contest for good after what happened with Mamoswine! But, wow, she really took it well afterward, didn't she? I was like O__O! How can you be all calm and happy like that after what just happened? I applaud you!

Aurath8

Finally contest time! Seems like ages since Snowpoint, since I watched that in April.
As promised Mamo gets his first contest.
And Cyndaquil doesn't, at least she does appear to care for a newborn's safety.
Interesting appeal yet short-lived. At least Dawn remembers Piplup knows Bide.
James is in for the sickie jessie, why is it that TR have the best disguises when they're not screwing the twerps over. Meowth has a great appeal too, nice to see Mr. Ramen noodles still supporting his mentors.
Johto obsessia, so much johto pokemon it's ridiuculous.
Mamo's big debut his opponent is...
It's a me, Mario! He sends out Yoshi Pink edition.
Yoshi's had a chilli pepper, Mamo dodges with amazing grace.
Mamo transforms into Ice Sonic! It's the biggest battle since Brawl.
Using the power of Mamo's new-school chaos pearls he smashes through chilli pepper yoshi in one big yellow luminescent hit.
Johto obsessia montage, yawn.
And that's the end of Mamo, going absolutely beserk. I would like to smash Carnivine's head in too but alas that shall never happen.
And dawn's OK with it. Suprise Mamo wasn't banned after smashing the judges table.
Meh, Dawn was handicapped greattly by the seemingly forced temper of Mamo. And I hate Carnivine for being such a b**** too. 6.99/10

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
After watching Jessie for such a long time in contests James has gathered some experience himself

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Good contest episode, really enjoyed it. James as Jessalina was fantastic, his accent actually had me giggling. Lyra continues to be fantastic - I'm going to miss her! Appeal with Piplup was a bit boring but ah well, James' was much better! Mamoswine going off the handle was sad for Dawn, hopefully she can control Mamoswine's temper for the next contest. Nice to see James winning. Fun episode :)

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool that James entered the contest for Jessie, because she was to sick to enter. It was cool that James won his 1st contest, so now Jessie had 3 Contest Ribbons after he gave it to her. It was shocking to see Mamoswine go berserk and smash the Judge's table. Carnivine was just too good and strong against Mamoswine in this episode.

85/100

wobbanut

Team Awesome
You just knew James's talent for cross-dressing had to come in handy for something someday besides fooling the twerps. :) This was my second-favorite of the Sinnoh contests, after the one where Jessie won her first ribbon, and I'm glad Jessie finally got her third ribbon here. I also like it that it's Dawn James beats for the ribbon. About time one of the twerps lost to "Jessie" in a contest (Jessie beating Dawn with Aipom in "Borrowing on Bad Faith" doesn't count, because it wasn't an official contest). I also loved how Carnivine owned the battle with Mamoswine. He just ticked Mamoswine off and held the lead from then on. :) Mamoswine knocking over the judges' stands was hilarious too.

10/10

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Wow James should do Contests and Jessie do sometrhing else. This was pretty great. I wonder why James never battle wise like this against Ash and Pikachu on normal circumstances? Weird. But I love this episode. It was so funny. Poor Mamoswine.

zhixun

Great to see Kojiro to dress up as a woman! Moreover this win for the contest is certainly memorable and much better than the last one which was too brief. Also this makes a defeat of Hikari by quite a margin which is rarely seen. Awesome episode in my opinion.

Pikachu52

This was surprisingly good. It showcased James as a competent and skilled Pokémon trainer and brought out the Bon between him and Carnavine. It was nice to see TeamRocket get a legitimate win given how badly they get defeated in every other episode and how Jessie totally sucked in Hoenn and Kanto contests. I was surprised Meowth performed so well. As for Dawn. She totally deserved the loss. She was unable to work with mamoswine in that battle against James even if it was partially not her fault it went crazy. I'm happy for Jessie that she got her ribbon

DatsRight

Pretty much an all around great Team Rocket episode. Cross dressing James was funny and awesome at the same time and Meowth and Carnivine got to look competent as Pokemon. The secret conversations and nervous attempts to maintain disguise made them rootable throughout the whole thing, only shame is they didn't put more humorous pressure concerning the latter, maybe some more interactions with the oblivious heroes ('James'allina seemed a lot friendlier than Jessie's rendition).

Am I right in thinking this is the first episode of the entire anime where the trio "won" an episode instead of the twerps (as in beat them in the episode's situation and it stuck with no downside)?

Last edited:

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
This was a nice team rocket/Contest episode. Even though Dawn lost it showed how much growth she went through as a character since she handled it so maturely.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
It was an awesome episode.That was really sweet of James as he decided to cross dress and help poor sick Jessie.I'm glad Jessie won another ribbon. 9.5/10. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
James crossdressing again was great and I'm glad he won Jessie another ribbon even at the cost of Dawn losing due to Mamoswine's fit. 8.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee, I liked seeing James compete in the contest in Jessie's place, plus Mamoswine was doing well until he fought Carnivine. I felt sad for Dawn, tho I was really impressed by Meowth's ramen appeal.

I was relieved when Dawn used Mamoswine at first, but his rampage scene made me regret it. I thought that Dawn made a huge mistake using him. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Huh. Other than Dawn's Piplup and Mamoswine, James's Carnivine, and Ash's Pikachu and Grotle, we saw tons of Johto Pokemon here including Granbull, Shuckle, Tyrogue, Meganium, Hitmontop, Magby, Flaaffy, and others. 7.8 out of 10 - Too much HG/SS promo.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was relieved when Dawn used Mamoswine at first, but his rampage scene made me regret it. I thought that Dawn made a huge mistake using him. :(

Mamoswine certainly lost his cool mostly cuz of how James and Carnivine kept getting the upper hand in the battle, but I blame Carnivine the most cuz it was responsible for when Mamoswine crashed into the judges' podiums. ^^;

Alloutℯ

Banned
Mamoswine certainly lost his cool mostly cuz of how James and Carnivine kept getting the upper hand in the battle, but I blame Carnivine the most cuz it was responsible for when Mamoswine crashed into the judges' podiums. ^^;

Carnivine was just following James's orders when that happened though. And I don't think James was trying to hurt the judges either.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Carnivine was just following James's orders when that happened though. And I don't think James was trying to hurt the judges either.

O I know that James didn't mean any harm, it's just that with the way Dawn's Mamoswine was enraged and given how unbalanced he was while charging, James should've been more careful when he had Carnivine wrap Mamoswine's tusks.