• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drifloon on the Wind! (496)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Drifloon on the Wind!

Ash & Co. are on their way to Eterna City when they encounter Nurse Joy and her children. Ash & Co. decide to stay for a bit, but they learn that the youngest kid has some secret friends in the cave; Drifloon. However, Team Rocket have their eyes on these Drifloon...but something big is around following the North Winds...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Zaraze

Drifblim landing!
The page tells me it doesn't exist O.O

Awww judging by the description here that means the Drifloon are evil sadistic children taking balloons :( Watch them turn out harmless so Pokemon Pearl was proven wrong. Unless they take Team Rocket to the underworld that would seem rather likely.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
For no reason whatsoever should Giovanni be depicted as being scared of the dark. Meowth, I'm ashamed of you (though I've been ashamed of you for the last 200 episodes or so....) But hey, at the end, Team Rocket tries to capture Suicune. Too bad they failed miserably.

I'm astonished that despite legendary Pokemon being so... legendary, no one really freaks out when they meet one.

rocky505

that is like suicunes 4th appearence in the show 2 times in johto 1 in the movie 1 in sinnoh.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
The pics of this ep are much more amusing if you imagine Suicune as having been dragged out against its will and just wanting to get back to Johto where it belongs.

Other than that, this looks like generic filler that the writers tried to spice up a bit by inserting a random legendary into it. Because we clearly don't have enough DP Legends to showcase them all semi-frequently during the 3-ish years this region will take.

Zaraze

Drifblim landing!
Anyone know where I can find the pics? I found somewhere but lost it >_< And now I can't find it again :(

Also does anyone catch a Drifloon?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
It doesn't look as though anyone catches one. But its so cute!!! What does it sound like to those who've seen the ep?

Rapiido

Poor Fuwante. That had to be the absolute worst Pokemon debut in the anime's history. Suicune played a bigger role in the episode.

Zaraze

Drifblim landing!
Just looked at the pics. Every hope I had of sadistic, evil, child slaughtering Drifloons was crushed. The Drifloon waying less than 2 Kilos managed to carry that child O.O Terrible episode they ruined Drifloon's deubt so horribly.

R_N

Seems like a nice filler from what I'm seeing in the pics.. Glad Suicune didn't really steal the show to much.
Nice to see an Ampharos, too.

Oh, and such a shame that Drifloon didn't try to drag kids into the underworld. I mean, really, that kind of thing happens in a kid-audience oriented anime all the time. COMPLETELY ruined them. *eyeroll*

Maestro Kinético

Yeah, I am disappointed, another episode of D/P that could have been great and wasn't. It was so easy to make a plot, the girls say to Ash and Co. that they have little friends in a cave, the frieds turn out to be Fuwanteds that are luring them, and then they have to rescue them before they end up in the underworld. So dark, they could have also included a family story, the grandfather made a deal with the fuwante, they would take his grandchildren in exchange of money. Geez, such a great story was missed.

I don't know I enjoyed it, although Hikari played a background character here LOL which I was suprised about. I thought it was cute how Ash and the Nurse Joy got along like that. The animation wasn't nice but awe well it was a cute Nurse Joy/Ash episode.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I have yet to see the episode in motion, but I'm glad the power plant from the games was at least included, even if they didn't include the whole Galactic arc that occurs there.
Yeah, I am disappointed, another episode of D/P that could have been great and wasn't. It was so easy to make a plot, the girls say to Ash and Co. that they have little friends in a cave, the frieds turn out to be Fuwanteds that are luring them, and then they have to rescue them before they end up in the underworld. So dark, they could have also included a family story, the grandfather made a deal with the fuwante, they would take his grandchildren in exchange of money. Geez, such a great story was missed.
In a KIDS' show? Look, the underworld thing in the Pokedex makes for some admittedly funny gags, but nobody should seriously expect them to include it in this anime. It's times like this I'm glad the fanbase isn't writing this show.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
At this point does it mean that Team Galaxy is a definite "no-show" in D/P, at least in the same manner that Magma/Aqua had several eps scattered across Hoenn?

At this point its obvious they're not in the 10th movie either, so its really surprising that they're completely ignoring such a major part of the games.

Nyami

Why in the hell does it seem that there are more Jhoto pokemon in Sinnoh than there are actual Sinnoh pokemon?

Geodude

Please don't assume something to be a generic filler because there's no gym battle, capture, or evo, people. -_-

-We see a Nurse Joy with a complete family for the first time ever. (Those were her husband and daughters, right?)

-We have it revealed that the reason the Joys all have the same name is that it's their last name.

-The young Joy girls were cool.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
Don't give up hope on Tema Galactic. I'm being optimistic, and just hoping that they'll appear once the third installment of the games comes out. The writers are doing this because they want to follow the thrid games plot...and not mess up because they didn't see the new additions or something...

*is still hoping*

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
-We see a Nurse Joy with a complete family for the first time ever. (Those were her husband and daughters, right?)

The oldest daughter Joy did refer the guy as "Odo-san" (or however that's spelled D: ) so I assume it.

Geodude said:
-We have it revealed that the reason the Joys all have the same name is that it's their last name.

I guess that means that Offcier Jenny is a surname too then? :/