• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drive By [BondingShipping, K]

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Author: Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Fandom: Pokemon

Shipping: BondingShipping (Gary/Shigeru x Lillie)

Rating: K

Notes: A dare from Victorian Rush, to write a one-shot based on the song "Drive By" by Train

(count: 1,002 words)

Gary Oak was driving around the streets of Viridian City. He had no woman in his life since a one-night stand a long time ago with a woman named Lillie over in Alola.

He thought it was the best night he ever had in his life when he was on vacation there. But it was nothing more than a one-night stand to Lillie.

As Gary was driving the streets, on one side of a street he saw what he thought was a woman who looked like Lillie.

But he thought it couldn't be Lillie since she wanted nothing to do with him after that night. But after taking a closer look at her, he realized the truth. It was her. It was Lillie.

He drove up to her. He was very excited to see her after all this time. He wanted to make clear his feelings for her.

As he drove up to her, she was surprised to see him after all this time. "Gary, is that really you? I never thought I would see you again", she said.

Gary said in response, "Lillie, I didn't think I would find you in Viridian City either. Your being here came as a shock to me. But now that you are here, I need to get this off my chest."

Lillie said, "what do you need to say so bad Gary?"

Gary said, "Lillie, that one night was more than just right."

Lillie said, "what do you mean?"

Gary said, "I didn't leave you because I was all through. I was overwhelmed and frankly scared as hell, because, I really fell for you."

Lillie was surprised to hear that Gary was actually saying that he was in love with her. She had thought all this time that that the one night they spent together didn't mean much to him. To find out she was wrong came as a shock to her.

Lillie started to say something, "I had no idea you felt this way. I thought all this time this was just a meaningless night to you."

Gary was not finished with what he had to say. What he said just now was the only the tip of the iceberg. He continued.

"Lillie, I swear to you that I will be there for you. This is not a drive-by. I'm just a shy guy looking for a 2-ply garbage bag to hold my love. When you move me everything is groovy."

Lillie was taking a lot of time to process this. What was previously thought to have been a one-night stand turned out to be something more to Gary.

He now wanted a full-fledged relationship. But what was Lillie going to say to that?

"I really don't know what to say," Lillie said, "this is taking a lot of time to process. A relationship like this requires a lot of commitment. I'm thinking to myself, 'can I do this?' And also, 'do I want to do this?' So much thought is being put into this."

Gary said, "I was on the other side of a downward spiral when my love for you went viral. And I loved you every mile I flew away from Alola. But now here we are, together again. Let's skip the 'how you been?', and get down to the 'more than friends' at last. Because that one night was still the highlight. I didn't need you until I came to."

Lillie was thinking to herself, "now that I think about it, Gary does seem like a nice guy. He was the only man who ever showed any real appreciation for me. If I turn him away, I may never get another chance like this again."

Gary was hoping that Lillie would say yes. She was the only woman who really brought him happiness. He thought that if she turned him down, he would never get another woman like her ever again.

So much was riding on Lillie's decision. Lillie finally began to speak.

"Gary, I've been thinking. That one night we spent together in Alola, meant more than I thought it did. You are a very nice guy. Now I feel that men like you don't come around very often. So I feel that if I turn you away, I may not get a chance at someone like you for a very long time. I really love you Gary. I just didn't realize it until now."

Gary said, "I knew that night together in Alola meant a lot to both of us. Why are you walking on the street anyway Lillie? Hop in my car, and let's begin our new life together."

Lillie said, "I've been waiting to hear those words for quite a long time. I think we make the perfect couple don't we Gary?"

Gary said, "sure we do. I can't wait for you to become Mrs. Gary Oak. My grandfather will be stoked to have a granddaughter-in-law."

Lillie said, "and Gladion will be thrilled to have a brother-in-law, and my mom will be excited to have a son-in-law."

Gary said, "but for now, let's take things one step at a time. Let's not rush things, if that is alright with you Lillie?"

Lillie said, "that is the perfect plan Gary. Married life will come in good time."

Gary and Lillie drove off to their new life together, living in Viridian City. Gary knew that if he had faith, his love would come back to him. And she did. He said what he needed to say to her, and in the process, made her realize that she loved him as well.

It's not often that a one-night stand turns out to be something more than that. For Gary and Lillie, it turned out to be something special. It was the beginning of a relationship that will carry them together for the rest of their lives.

And all it took was a chance encounter on the streets of Viridian City to make them realize that they loved each other.