• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drizzle Warning

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Introduction

Hey everyone, welcome to my latest RMT. I feel like this team has a lot of weaknesses but it seems to get by. I peaked at 1883 on the PS ladder, which was about 40 points until I would have hit the top 100. Unfortunately ever since I battled Psilo I have been on a HUGE losing streak with very occasional wins. I had the inspiration to do this team since my friend Thatcrazyrussian use to run dual weather all the time and I wanted to give every combination of dual weather a try. So here is my first dual weather team; Drizzle Warning.

The Team

dualweather5_zpsf1010a12.png

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

So I had been doing a little battle subway lately and I just loved using this set to mess up the NPC's. This set is also the best at taking on opposing weather starters in my opinion and that's always a plus. Scald boosts my physical bulk if I get the burn and I already have more than enough physical bulk. Toxic is abuse on walls that switch in and that's always useful. Encore is great for when people think they can get away with setting up or status abusing my team. It's one of my most used moves. Protect is used for scouting, toxic damage, and some recovery and I abuse that more than I should.

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 140 Atk / 128 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I personally feel like this is Abomasnow's best set. It allows him to take on other weather starters 1v1 or deal some solid damage to almost any of them. The scarf let's me outspeed a solid amount of threats. I use hasty nature since this Abomasnow was a gift from a friend and I'm to lazy/ don't care enough to replace it with a naive abomasnow. Blizzard and Wood hammer are Stab's that deal a lot of damage and have fairly good neutral coverage. Hp fire is there for scizor and Ferrothorn while Earthquake's primary purpose is to hit Ninetails.

Raikou @ Life orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder
- Extrasensory

I use to run specs but ever since I added wish vaporeon I have felt comfortable with all the residual danage this guy will take. Thunder is for rain abuse while volt switch is a solid alternative to give myself some switch initiative. I chose extrasenory over shadow ball because flinching is fun and Raikou is faster than every non scarfed fighting type I can think of plus it helps with a lot of random theats. The Ev's maximize damage output and my nature makes me faster than most of the unboosted ou tier which is the main reason I use Raikou over Thundurus. Lastly Raikou's bulk is why I use him over Jolteon.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

This is the standard choice band set on scizor and I'm convinced anyone that has been into the competitive seen for more than a month knows how this guy functions. Lately I have been considering changing the set to a life orb set and dropping pursuit for roost. Here's how the current set works though; I have maxed out attack and near max hp so I can switch in with rocks up for an extra turn. I spam bullet punch 90% of the time and occasionally use u-turn or superpower if it appears to be my only way to win. I think I have used pursuit once so that's why I'm considering using a life orb set.

Vaporeon @ leftovers
Hydration
Bold
248 hp/ 252 def/ 8 spd
Scald
Wish
Heal bell
Ice beam/ toxic/ baton pass

So I use to use Tentacruel for my rain abusing wall, however Tentacruel just didn't do as much as I liked. My team really needed a cleric since almost every form of status seems to wreck me. So heal bell is a must, I added wish instead of rest since I won't be able to wake up in the hail. Scald is the stab of choice, letting me possibly burn any physical sweepers. I'm kind of torn on the last spot as Ice beam would give me nice coverage over Dragons and grass types, while toxic would be really fun on top of hail for residual damage and baton pass can give me switch initiative. Lately I have been using Baton Pass since it almost always guarantees I pass the wish.

Donphan @ leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
252 hp/ 252 def/ 4 sp def
Stealth rock
Rapid spin
Knock off/ ice shard/ roar
Eathquake

So when I dropped Tentacruel and Skarmory I lost on a spinner and a physical wall. I also really wanted an electric immunity on my team so nobody made better sense than to add Donphan. I went with physically defensive Donphan to take on just about any physical threat as my other walls would still rather take a special hit than a physical one. Earthquake is stab and let's me not be taunt bait. Rapid spin is one of the main reasons I picked Donphan over something like Tangrowth. Stealth Rocks are useful for entry hazard damage and I'm sure you all know that by now. Knock off can potentially wreck lives as pokemon who rely on their item are suddenly a lot less useful (eviolite+choice users). Ice shard could be useful for priority (who doesn't like priority) while roar is a solid phasing move that my team wouldn't mind. I have been using ice shard since the extra priority gives me some protection if scizor and raikou go down.

Threats
Chansey
Defensive rotom w
Nothing really likes to take EQ's
My team is really weak to grass types synergy wise

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9842636 1st match

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9843224 1798 aint good enough

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9845216 almost top 100

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9845820 1883

52-66455-14857 Really close match, it became a stall war at 4v4

49-54311-64705 Abomasnow sweep

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9922722 Lost to psilo's team of amazingness

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9923713 vs Psilo using an nu team

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9925062 vs 1950's

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9925870 Losing streak continues

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9973161 Took a break and got a win

2 losses here, both of which I got hash mis matches to

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9975598 Turn 4 forfeit

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou9977373 7 battles in a row is to much for me I guess

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10254714 Scraping by

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10255724 Won because of hax, I need to revamp my team

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10256639 Ironically haxed to death

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10406392 Latias might be a new member of the team?

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou10408078 Over prediction, it's not good

Thing's I'm considering changing;

Changing scizor's band to a life orb set
Vaporeon's set
Finding something that can resist/ is immune to EQ
Healing wish dual screen latias or defensive Celebi> Vaporeon
Kyurem B > Scizor

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Tentacruel is commonly used on rain and hail teams, so it took me less than half a second to add him. In the rain he heals 12% a turn and be takes hit's like they are nothing. I have Ice beam for grass and dragon types but lately I've kinda wanted giga drain more so everyone let me know what you think about that. Scald is to help his weaker defense by burning stuff. I chose to maximize his special defense because I wanted a dedicated special wall and I don't think Tentacruel is anything to be proud about even when he is maximized in defense. Rapid spin is for clearing entry hazards and protect is pretty much for the same reasons toed has it. Black sludge is so people don't trick me.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Skarmory is here to be the physical wall my team needs. While he adds another electric weakness he has reliable recovery and the ability to phase, which are the two main reason's I chose him over ferrothorn. This is a fairly straight forward set, I needed something to tank physical hits and Skarm does that very well with maximized defense and HP. Whirlwind is for phasing, rocks are rocks, and brave bird has done more damage than I expected it to on more than one occasion. Other than the whole electric weak thing he works really well on my team

This is pretty far from my best team, but let me know what you guys think could improve the team and I will see how it works, thanks for reading

Last edited:

McDanger

Double weather is always interesting but a pain to do as you`re always flawed, more then normal imo

At a glance, keldeo can do a lot of damage nothing is a solid check, besides possibly toed, but he cant take more the 3-4 secret swords/hydro pumps.

As for other threats i see

Thunderus therian- while he can be stopped if not scarfed or agility set by abomasnow, hes still a big threat as hp ice, focus blast and thunder/thunderbolt lets him hit everyone for super effective damage, bar scizor and raikou. As it stands, raikou is your best answer followed up by donphans ice shard.

Landorus i- hes in the same boat as thunderus but he isnt walled as badly as thunderus, and 2hkos the best resistors, vaporeon and politoed (and of course sturdy donphan). Donphan stands as the best answer, but his ice shards dont KO, so if there are hazards out, donphans going to lose 1 v 1, tho scizor can come in at that point and revenge it

breloom- Breloom threatens KOes on 4/6 of the team and raikou and scizor have to be careful switching in because of low sweep/spore. I think snow lives a mach punch if there are no hazards up and KOes it back, raikou can come in when something dies, and scizor can KO if its a LO loom

overall very solid, so pokes can go threaten 2-3 things, but are stopped by the rest of the team. I would only suggest celebi>vaporeon as he covers the threats i said, and helps with the grass problem you mention

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I was planning on trying latias instead of celebi, but I think I'll give celebi a chance, as it may leave me a little fire weak but in theory that's covered by rain. I could always try rotom w over raikou, but dat speed man, that speed

Thanks for the rate, I haven't even considered celebi

Atrocious

Honestly idk about double weather but I'm thinking a Kyurem-B over Scizor. Yes Scizor's revenge killing prowess will be missed but of you're desperately wanting that, just slap a Scarf on it. Kyurem-B basically has everything you want listed there as the total package. It resists Grass, can take EQs with decent bulk and smashes Chansey and Rotom's skulls in with it's sheer power. It can also abuse hail with Blizzard as well.

QD + Hurricane Volcarana can somewhat pose a threat at +1. It's water weakness is removed so let's see. Scizor won't like a potential burn trying to hit it with BP while it gets KOd in the process even in rain.

Donphan won't like any boosted Special attack for that matter.

It can just continue to setup on Vappy if it lacks Toxic as you cannot phaze it away and can't do much in return. Raikou won't like boosted attacks either and won't be able to do much with a SpD boost or so.

Abomasnow is outsped at +1 and is KOd.

Your best bet is just I guess either encore while it sets up or Toxic Stall it with Politoed until it can be revenged by Scizor. This is again where Kyurem-B can be useful as it can threaten it immediately as soon as it enters the field while it can't do much to Lyirem in return with it's resisted STAB coverage, Kyurem can smash it in punishing Volc's low def.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I'll give Kyurem B a try, if I also make the celebi change I think it should synergize fairly well. I may have to change Donphan to an expert belt set for this but Terrakion could definitely be a threat with the loss of scizor. Also without rain, Kyurem B fails to resist Volc's fire moves, just saying

Trying tomorrow;

Defensive Celebi
Sub Kyurem B

philzone

Ready for trumpets
One suggestion: tried subseed, rain dish ludicolo? works well, and helps with that glaring rotom weakness. and the EQ problem.
Ever tried choice scarf moltres under rain. it works well. hts quite hard with hurricane. nd you can change weather to hail, and us fire blast. try:
moltres @ choice scarf
modest
4hp, 252 spatt, 252 spd
fire blast
hurricane
HP ice/grass
uturn

This lets you outspeed alot of threats, and KO foes esp ferro and scizor. (also a suggestion for wen you go sun+rain). hurriane is the goto attack. fire blast is strong. HP ice targets chomp and landorus, but hp grass stops water types. u-turn is to scout. this is a psuedo-tornadus-t set. it is very opular

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
One suggestion: tried subseed, rain dish ludicolo? works well, and helps with that glaring rotom weakness. and the EQ problem. Might try sub seed Ludicolo, sounds like fun
Ever tried choice scarf moltres under rain. it works well. hts quite hard with hurricane. nd you can change weather to hail, and us fire blast. try:
moltres @ choice scarf
modest
4hp, 252 spatt, 252 spd
fire blast
hurricane
HP ice/grass
uturn

This lets you outspeed alot of threatsA lot of scarfers are faster, and most of them Moltres doesn't want to meet, and KO foes esp ferro and scizor. (also a suggestion for wen you go sun+rain). I'll definitely try it in my first sun+rain test, I was having difficulty finding a glue for that teamhurriane is the goto attack. fire blast is strong. HP ice targets chomp and landorus, but hp grass stops water types. u-turn is to scout. this is a psuedo-tornadus-t set. it is very opular

Thanks for the post, comments are in bold. You mentioned a lot of less used lone but they seem to fit my team so I will definitely give Ludicolo a try and possibly Moltres but I don't see where it would fit

Tried Celebi today and didn't get a single win. So I took a break with the team for today, I'll continue testing with it tomorrow

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Not much to say but I really don't see the point of Abomasnow. At least run another Ice type or something with Blizzard. Otherwise, replace it with something else.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
How hail teams work half the time these days is run a balanced team with Abomasnow slapped on to prevent other weathers from running all over your team. So giving myself an extra fighting weakness (that I have nothing for btw) really does not look like something I want and another fire weakness is something I really don't want.

So basically here is Abomasnow's function; prevent other teams from having their weather up. Abomasnow has the perfect moves for this to; Eq hits Ninetails and Ttar for some solid damage, Blizzard hits Hippowdon for a good chunk, wood hammer hits Toed and Ttar, and hp fire hits opposing Abimasnow. Any match where I really wanted to win the weather war I have and oftentimes Abomasnow was a key component to that victory. Lastly Abomasnow acts as my best Rotom W killer as long as I dodge the paralysis and burns