• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drizzletoed and co.!

Shockking

i dont know anymore
ShokkingTeamPose_zpsf1d037ca.png
This is my Rain Team for battles against friends, the Battle Subway and online Random Matchup battles. None of the Pokemon are fully EV trained and/or bred so open to changes on everything. :)

;186;Politoed @ Leftovers
Drizzle
252 HP / 252 SAtk / 6 SpDef
Modest nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Focus Blast

A bit bulky, good power and can force switches with Perish Song. DRIZZZZLEE!

;454;Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Dry Skin
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch

Fairly bulky, especially after a Bulk Up and great HP recovery with Dry Skin, Black Sludge and Drain Punch.

;230;Kingdra @ Life Orb
Swift Swim
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 2 HP
Timid Nature
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf / Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Draco Meteor / Hidden Power [Something]

So good it was banned from OU at Smogon, haha. I hope this is that good.

:637:Volcarona @ I dunno - Sitrus Berry? Expert Belt?
Flame Body
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Fire Blast
-Hurricane

Pretty good coverage to take advantage of the rain with Hurricane. Fire Blast for things that are hit 4x and if the rain is gone.

;381;Latios @ Focus Sash
Levitate
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid nature
-Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam / Psychic / Psyshock
-Thunder
-Energy Ball / Ice Beam / Shadow Ball / Surf / Recover

I'm thinking Dragon Pulse, Surf, Ice Beam and Thunder but he has options...

;212;Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn / Bug Bite
-Pursuit / Quick Attack / Superpower
-Pursuit / Quick Attack / Superpower

In the Subway I think that Quick Attack > Pursuit but since I won't only be using it there, its a harder choice. Also Bug Bite does more damage with Technician and eats berries which is cool, but U-turn is U-turn... hmm...

Last edited:

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Hum....just some insights, that might help you later.
Flamethrower>>>Fire Blast, and yes, the main reason is because of its accuracy. Fire Blast have a chance to hit, and a 'good' chance if you compare it to other moves, such as Blizzard and Thunder. The problem is; while it may hit, it may doesn't, and if whe're talking about the Subway, it have high chance it won't hit, due to HAX.
But for clarify a thing: you're using Quiverdance. Will more power (from Fire Blast) be extremely needed? Won't Flamethrower supply the lack of power (which doesn't really exist)? Quiver Dance gives Volcarana a good Boost in SpAtk. 2x (or 1x) boost from Quiver dance will make her a extremely dangerous, so you can (and should) sacrifice more power in order to keep her safe. BS is a dangerous place, we need to have precautions before we actually try it, since anything can happen there. Not to mention Fire Blast horrible PP. Flamethrower is your best option.
I would rather run those EV's on her:
252 HP/ 176 DEF / 82 Speed | Bold Nature (+DEF -ATK)
She's already boasts enough power in SpAtk, so why "wasting" EV's on something that's already pretty high? The difference won't really be noticeable, and I'm basing on my experiences using both Volcarona's Sets. The increase of bulky will be better and provide more benefits later, due to it's typing, which is good for a "Def+Ofensive" Role. Always be aware of Rock Types and Rock-Attack-users, though.
On the item...shoot a Leftover on her. I would do the change with Politoed, because she'll best use of it due to it's typing (again)

And....do you like this Scizor set? I really prefer the Standard Set (and most recommended here). But he's probably best the way he is, really, haha!!

Good Luck, dude!

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Hum....just some insights, that might help you later.
Flamethrower>>>Fire Blast, and yes, the main reason is because of its accuracy. Fire Blast have a chance to hit, and a 'good' chance if you compare it to other moves, such as Blizzard and Thunder. The problem is; while it may hit, it may doesn't, and if whe're talking about the Subway, it have high chance it won't hit, due to HAX.
But for clarify a thing: you're using Quiverdance. Will more power (from Fire Blast) be extremely needed? Won't Flamethrower supply the lack of power (which doesn't really exist)? Quiver Dance gives Volcarana a good Boost in SpAtk. 2x (or 1x) boost from Quiver dance will make her a extremely dangerous, so you can (and should) sacrifice more power in order to keep her safe. BS is a dangerous place, we need to have precautions before we actually try it, since anything can happen there. Not to mention Fire Blast horrible PP. Flamethrower is your best option.
I would rather run those EV's on her:
252 HP/ 176 DEF / 82 Speed | Bold Nature (+DEF -ATK)
She's already boasts enough power in SpAtk, so why "wasting" EV's on something that's already pretty high? The difference won't really be noticeable, and I'm basing on my experiences using both Volcarona's Sets. The increase of bulky will be better and provide more benefits later, due to it's typing, which is good for a "Def+Ofensive" Role. Always be aware of Rock Types and Rock-Attack-users, though.
On the item...shoot a Leftover on her. I would do the change with Politoed, because she'll best use of it due to it's typing (again)

And....do you like this Scizor set? I really prefer the Standard Set (and most recommended here). But he's probably best the way he is, really, haha!!

Good Luck, dude!

Hey man, long time no see haha, thanks for the ideas!
Now that you mention it I think you're right about Flamethrower. The reason I didn't choose to go bulkier on Volcarona is because of how I play boosting moves. I use them fairly rarely, so unboosted with those EVs Volcarona is still pretty fast and can pack quite a punch, but if I get the chance to boost could become a monster. Also, for a defensive Volcarona I would really want to have Roost or Giga Drain on there for healing, but what would I replace? And for those EVs you gave, what are those speed IVs for? Outspeeding a certain thing? I would like to try both a defensive one like the one you gave and an offensive one like my example, maybe I'll train one of each.
If I were to go more defensively, using Quiver Dance for sure, I think id use something like this instead, because I feel it would better help my team:

;049;Venomoth @ Sitrus Berry
Tinted Lens
252 HP / 6 SpAtk / 252 Spd
Timid nature
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass

Sleep powder almost insures that it gets at least 1 QD and then eventually it can sweep with its Bug Buzz which -thanks to its ability- hits at least neutrally on everything, or pass the boosts to Politoed, Latios or Kingdra. Thanks to the rain he would also be protected by its fire weakness. I know of someone who has this set on their Rain team and says that it is very good.

What is the "Standard Set" for Scizor that you mentioned?

I think for Scizor I'm leaning for U-turn>Bug Bite, but maybe once I try it out I'll know for sure.
Anyone see a gaping weakness for this team? More rates would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Kingdra was Banned from OU only because it's Ability Swift Swim, and even then certain Pokemon are better at it's Role.

Hp [Electric] is probably the best one for Kingdra.

For Wifi, keep the current EVs, Volcarona isn't supposed to be Bulky. Fiery Dance can be used instead of Fire Blast.

Put either Specs or LO on Latios for the extra Damage and use Draco Meteor / Surf / Psyshock / Recover (if LO). Latios really needs all the Power it can get.

Use Superpower on the last slot for Scizor and keep Pursuit to trap Celebi and the Lati@s.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Okay so you're saying

Kingdra
-Hydro Pump
-Dragon Pulse
-HP Electric
-Ice beam

?

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Ice Beam isn't that necessary, unless you care about Grass Types, as SE Draco Meteor does more than Ice Beam. Dragon Pulse can be used instead of Ice Beam for an alternative to spamming DM.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
What about having Rain Dance as a move on Kingdra so that if a weather inducer comes in that can't hurt it I don't need to switch out?

Aura Sensei™

User Title
^ That can also be used, however Dragon Pulse is a safe Move to use when you're not sure about using DM. You could opt for a Mixed DD set in place of your current one too, to hit Blissey and others.

It would probably be Draco Meteor / Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Outrage.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
^ That can also be used, however Dragon Pulse is a safe Move to use when you're not sure about using DM. You could opt for a Mixed DD set in place of your current one too, to hit Blissey and others.

It would probably be Draco Meteor / Dragon Dance / Waterfall / Outrage.

Except that Blissey can't do lickedy split to Toxicroak and Scizor can destroy it too... I don't really wanna go mixed on Kingdra, or bother using DD when rain is up so it outspeeds everything anyways. Also, Ice Beam on Kingdra would really hurt Gliscor and I hate Gliscor...

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Thats true I guess. Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse and HP Electric/ Rain Dance will probably be what I end up doing, but once I have them all trained up, we'll see.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Now that I take a look, if Kingdra is down and a Tornadus comes in it has the potential to dent a large hole in your Team, here are some calcs:(for Random Matchup)

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (Neutral) Hurricane vs 252HP/0SpDef Leftovers Politoed (Neutral): 64% - 76% (249 - 294 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.",

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (Neutral) Hurricane vs 4HP/0SpDef Leftovers Volcarona (+SpDef): 139% - 164% (434 - 512 HP). Guaranteed OHKO

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (Neutral) Hurricane vs 4HP/0SpDef Focus Sash Latios (+SpDef): 68% - 81% (208 - 247 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO

"252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (Neutral) Hurricane vs 4HP/0SpDef Leftovers Kingdra (+SpDef): 80% - 94% (235 - 277 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO

252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (Neutral) Hurricane<vs 252HP/0SpDef Leftovers Toxicroak (+SpDef): 173% - 204% (642 - 758 HP). Guaranteed OHKO

"252SpAtk Life Orb Tornadus (Neutral) Hurricane vs 252HP/0SpDef Leftovers Scizor (+SpDef): 79% - 93% (273 - 321 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO

The calcs aren't completely exact as I couldn't pick the Natures, but still everything on your Team is atleast 2HKOed, and after Rocks most of 'em are dead. I'd suggest finding a Counter for Tornadus, as right now with Hurricane alone it 2HKOs everything.

Chansey fits this Role pretty nicely, as it can stomach a Hurricane with Eviolite, and if Tornadus carries Superpower, you can simply keep healing until it's Attack is extremely low and force a switch.

Hope this helps.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
If you can snag a Jirachi, he is a hard counter to any Tornadus.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I should probably give you a Set too, haha

• Chansey @ Eviolite
• Bold
• Natural Cure
• 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Steallth Rock

You could play around with the EV's, as maxing Def is an alternative.

• Jirachi @ Leftovers
• Adamant
• Serene Grace
• 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave / Body Slam
- Stealth Rock / Ice Punch
- Fire Punch / U-Turn

Idk about the EV's, they could be altered for a more Bulky variant I guess. Basically Paralyze Tornadus and either force a switch or KO it. Imo Stealth Rock is nice to have as your Team lacks Hazards atm.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I'd use a set of Thunder/Iron Head/Wish/Stealth Rock and a spread of 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe. Wish allows you to heal a crippled Pokemon almost completely to full health. Thunder + Iron Head form the famous ParaFlinch combo, which really helps in haxing your foe to death. Not only that, but since Thunder has better coverage than Body Slam and a LOT more base Power, you can even KO some threats. However, if you ever find that you are facing too many Ground types, feel free to switch over to Body Slam, although you do lose out on paralyzing Ghost types. Weigh the advantages and disadvantages carefully. You could also opt for Protect > SR to heal yourself as well.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Wow, special Tornadus officially scare me :p

But seriously, Latios' Thunder or Ice Beam would take it out, Kingdra, possibly could with any attack, Politoed may be able to get it with Ice Beam, and possibly if Volcarona had a few QDs up, but otherwise, you're right, my team gets crapped. A problem is that I don't think I have a way to get a Jirachi, besides if I decided to trade but I'm not sure about that idea. Chnsey is an option, but really, I don't know what I would take out for it. Another thing to note, I can only remember seeing 2 Tornadus on Random Matchup, both sporting a Flying Gem and Acrobatics. Also, one reason I didn't try to fit any hazards on my team is because in 3v3s I don't really think they are as effective, but idk.

Edit: I am thinking I'd like some form of status effect on my team, be it Toxic or paralyze...
Edit again: Aura, idk what damage calc you're using but can you check how much damage my Scizor's Bullet Punch can do to a Tornadus? Cuz I feel like 2 of those would probably KO it and it'd be fine...

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Latios should not be using Thunder, even in Rain. He has better coverage moves to use. Jirachi is not the only counter to Tornadus. Bronzong can also take anything Tornadus can dish out, and 2HKO with Gyro Ball, while Tornadus only 4HKOes with Hurricane. Bronzong is found in the Abundant Shrine, btw.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Latios should not be using Thunder, even in Rain. He has better coverage moves to use. Jirachi is not the only counter to Tornadus. Bronzong can also take anything Tornadus can dish out, and 2HKO with Gyro Ball, while Tornadus only 4HKOes with Hurricane. Bronzong is found in the Abundant Shrine, btw.
Well I don't know what's wrong with Thunder, but what would you suggest use on Latios? I am planning to RNG Latios in B2 probably tomorrow so I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts about it.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Thunder doesn't provide as much coverage as Surf/Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Dragon Pulse.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
My set listed was Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor, Surf, Ice Beam and Thunder.
That combines Boltbeam and Water+Dragon (which since in Rain Surf is basically a STAB attack) losing only Psyshock, which hits fighting types and Blissey/ Chansey hard.

Oh and I checked because I was unsure, Jirachi is one of the Pokemon banned in the Subway/Random Matchup, so that leaves the good suggestions of Bronzong and Chansey.