• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drizzletoed and co.!

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Edit again: Aura, idk what damage calc you're using but can you check how much damage my Scizor's Bullet Punch can do to a Tornadus? Cuz I feel like 2 of those would probably KO it and it'd be fine...

Depends. But the problem is, like I said, if the opponent has Rocks up it's almost guaranteed that Scizor is KOed.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
^That's true, but I find rocks pretty rare in both the Subway and on Random Matchup Singles.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
My set listed was Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor, Surf, Ice Beam and Thunder.
That combines Boltbeam and Water+Dragon (which since in Rain Surf is basically a STAB attack) losing only Psyshock, which hits fighting types and Blissey/ Chansey hard.

Oh and I checked because I was unsure, Jirachi is one of the Pokemon banned in the Subway/Random Matchup, so that leaves the good suggestions of Bronzong and Chansey.
Chansey doesn't counter Tornadus. Also, BoltBeam and Dragon+Water have coinciding coverages. The set I gave you is the best possible set for Offensive Latios.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Still, Scizor can't do enough to take a Hurricane if it has previously been damaged.

Rotom-W can counter Tornadus, albeit it hates a Grass Type move.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Yeah, and with Rotom -W I could have something to use Thunder. But that would put my team at 3 water types, depending on who I switched out to make room for it.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Do Tornadus in BS carry Grass Knot?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Yes, it does, unfortunately. Thanks for the resource. :)

Don't worry, Grass Knot won't do much to your Water type Pokemon. I would change the item on Politoed to Specs so you can always OHKO Tornadus with Ice Beam.

Last edited:

Shockking

i dont know anymore
That sounds like it could work, also leaving lefties to go to Volcarona if I felt like it. What about perish song though? Also, do you think I should have gotten a timid one and EVed it in speed and given it a scarf? Actually, I haven't EVed it so I could still train its speed, it just wouldn't be as fast as possible. What do you guys think? Lefties/Specs and HP or Scarf and Speed?

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Yes, Scarf can work, as you can 2HKO Tornadus before it 2HKOes you with GK. Actually, the end result is the same with Specs and Scarf. Either way, you will be hit by a GK on Politoed.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Not just against Tornadus I mean, but in general? Only Latinos really has a very high speed on this team (besides kingdra in the rain) so I'm just wondering if that would be a good idea. For example, to get a KO on things like Terrakion before they can hit me because I have a feeling that most Terrakion could OHKO with Close Combat.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Psyshock should OHKO Terrakion after some prior damage.

joej m

Club Double Trouble
i would like to say that this team would be highly successful in VGC.
all of these pokemon are great pokemon in VGC, and work well in VGC too. the only strange part of this team is the fact you have two bug pokemon. two dragons can often work though. it would work on custom EV"s. custom EV's meaning not a 252/252 spread (latios is best with that though, and sometimes is kingdra). they are meant to live certain moves like timid latios dragon gem draco meteor! my politoed has 252 hp/100 defense/72 sp attack/ 76 sp defense/ 8 speed.
in VGC, this outspeeds 4 speed hitmontop (very common), can live hitmontop's fighting gem close combat even if it has max attack, latios timid 252 sp attack draco meteor w/ dragon gem. it only misses out on living electric gem boosted thunderbolts and thunders. this can be solved with a wacan berry if you want one. but a water gem hydro pump in the rain kills so much of the metagame. i did notice you were interested in VGC battling. so these are some tips to make a team. if you like to learn more, or ask how to make custom spread just send me a PM/VM :)

KillerDraco

hurricane is good but why are you using fire blast in the rain

This was already mentioned in his initial post.

Fire Blast for things that are hit 4x and if the rain is gone.

After a Quiver Dance, Fire Blast is a guaranteed 1HKO on max HP/Special Defense Ferrothorn even if it's raining. And it goes without saying that if it kills Ferrothorn, every other Pokemon who's 4x weak to fire (Scizor, Durant, Escavlier, Abomasnow, etc.) will be obliterated. Not to mention you have to be prepared to handle threats even if your preferred weather isn't in place; you can't always bank on your rain being up.

Last edited:

Shockking

i dont know anymore
^Yeah pretty much exactly what Draco said. I am using Flamethrower right now and its working fine too.