• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Drugs Thread

Ethan

Banned
Puberty Thread 2.0? Is that you?

Anyway, drugs are exclusively for braindead minority faggot wannabes who can't be assed to do something beneficial with their time or lives. Discuss.

Truer words could not be said.

I drunk for the very first time a few weeks ago at a party, because my friends begged me too. I always drank but never got drunk, so I caved. Within about an hour and a half I had 4 glasses of mixed drinks (I think it was vodka and Hi-C, I'm not sure.) a shotgun (Where you pop the bottom of a beer can and drink it as fast as you can) and a double shot of vodka straight. I figured I was finally drunk when I noticed peoples faces were darker and harder to make out from a distance.

I remembered everything from the party and had no hangover though. That was good. I plan on it being a one time thing though.

Ryuken

Steel User
I have only one drug: POKEMON!!!! (and i am a little fan of alcohol)

Doctor Sparks

Mastermind
I'm Straight Edge, if you're not, get with the program, imma force my oppinions on you, drugs and liqur destroy your body, if you drink, you are a virgin.

Loll wtf are you talking about? I've rarely read something so unrelevant. Virginity, in any sense of the word, has nothing to do with the fact that you drink or not. Personally, i drink, and i enjoy when i do. If you dont, its your opinion, its your life, but geez defend your point with smart arguments. No offense btw, we're just argumenting here, right?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Loll wtf are you talking about? I've rarely read something so unrelevant. Virginity, in any sense of the word, has nothing to do with the fact that you drink or not. Personally, i drink, and i enjoy when i do. If you dont, its your opinion, its your life, but geez defend your point with smart arguments. No offense btw, we're just argumenting here, right?

Had to throw a little flavor from the last thread into this, no prob, it's not to be taken seriously.

Doctor Sparks

Mastermind
Had to throw a little flavor from the last thread into this, no prob, it's not to be taken seriously.

Hmmm right, didnt make a link with that virginity thread. Still unrelevant but, watever. I just want to know tho, i'm curious, whats with all that straight edge thing and being so proud of it? Did you ever get drunk and if you ever did, was it not a pleasurable experience?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Hmmm right, didnt make a link with that virginity thread. Still unrelevant but, watever. I just want to know tho, i'm curious, whats with all that straight edge thing and being so proud of it? Did you ever get drunk and if you ever did, was it not a pleasurable experience?

Nah, being Straight Edge, I refuse to drink, smoke, take any drug unless it's perscribe or needed, or any outright peer pressure activity that can cause potential short term, or long term damaging effects to the human body.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
You know, we used to have a drugs thread and it lasted for ages. This one is insta fail because you set it up and basically said "look at the topic title, this is just for lolz, I don't care, spam away".

Renamed to see if this can work. Any further spam will be deleted with infractions.

Doctor Sparks

Mastermind
Nah, being Straight Edge, I refuse to drink, smoke, take any drug unless it's perscribe or needed, or any outright peer pressure activity that can cause potential short term, or long term damaging effects to the human body.

Sure, thats what people usually argument with, but i mean, if you never tried it, you cant really say. Personally, i gotta tell you that a lot of the best moments of my life have been while i was under the influence of alcohol. I'm not an alcoholic or anything, just like to have fun once in a while with it. I just think you should not give up on some fun things in life just because it can potentially be dangerous or affect your health. You gotta live life fully, and do what you like. If you feel you live life fully not consuming, then thats great. But i do think youre missing out

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Sure, thats what people usually argument with, but i mean, if you never tried it, you cant really say. Personally, i gotta tell you that a lot of the best moments of my life have been while i was under the influence of alcohol. I'm not an alcoholic or anything, just like to have fun once in a while with it. I just think you should not give up on some fun things in life just because it can potentially be dangerous or affect your health. You gotta live life fully, and do what you like. If you feel you live life fully not consuming, then thats great. But i do think youre missing out

I respect your view on and I don't want to come off rude but i'll be as straight forward as possible.

Anybody(In my view) that needs something like drugs or Alcohol to "Have Fun" is just sad, i'm pretty sure that swerving you did in the street (Not saying u do it) could have been done without alcohol, I've seen people go in their basement and get high just to sit in a room full of smoke!, Tell me whats so fun about not being able remember what you did, or who you slept with last night, what is so fun about waking up with a terrible headache, what is fun about blurred vision or sudden burst of anger, or just being slightly daze?

These are the things people overlook untill it's too late, It allways starts with one drink, then more and more, or one puff then more and more.....

Doctor Sparks

Mastermind
I respect your view on and I don't want to come off rude but i'll be as straight forward as possible.

Anybody(In my view) that needs something like drugs or Alcohol to "Have Fun" is just sad, i'm pretty sure that swerving you did in the street (Not saying u do it) could have been done without alcohol, I've seen people go in their basement and get high just to sit in a room full of smoke!, Tell me whats so fun about not being able remember what you did, or who you slept with last night, what is so fun about waking up with a terrible headache, what is fun about blurred vision or sudden burst of anger, or just being slightly daze?

These are the things people overlook untill it's too late, It allways starts with one drink, then more and more, or one puff then more and more.....

Well, so you do have some relevant arguments. Alcohol or any drugs for that matter can be damaging for your health of course, but can indeed be bad for your reputation or your self esteem as well (like your example of sleeping with some random person because you drank too much). I guess you just gotta know how to consume properly and how to moderate it. I dont know if youve had a bad experience and feel a little traumatized about it, but you have to know that (for me, anyways) when alcohol is used maturely and moderatly, it can make social activites much more pleasant, and although it is not necessary in order to have a good time, it does add some spice to a lot of situations. Some people simply dont know how to consume, and yes, that is sad.

Anyways, it was nice to debate a little with you. I respect your choices and can only tell you that consuming does not have to be as horrible as you seem to think it is

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Well, I drink. Like a lot, but not in public, just at my house or at a friends. I have a cig or two a day, and I am known to smoke weed from time to time.

:x

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Little Pikachu said:
You know, we used to have a drugs thread and it lasted for ages.
I remember that thread! It's too bad it's dead now... maybe this thread can be its resurrection! *sheepish grin*

And now to comment on some other things that were said in this thread:

The Boss Giygas said:
But everytime you purchase illegal drugs, you pay for the blood shed that happens in the drug wars, be it cartel members or innocent casualties, you buy, you support it.
So does a thing called Income Taxes.

GrizzlyB said:
Anyway, drugs are exclusively for braindead minority ***got wannabes who can't be assed to do something beneficial with their time or lives. Discuss.
Uhhh... you do know caffeine counts as a drug, right? And I guess that makes pharmacies drug dealers as well.

Ryuken said:
I have only one drug: POKEMON!!!!
LOL, so true!

facetious said:
Another person with Asperger's...

Le sigh.
As a person who has Asperger's, I resent that. People with Asperger's don't necessarily go around spamming in threads... ah, I'm digressing.

Speaking of Asperger's, I've read in the news that people have been doing research into the possibility of using certain drugs now labeled as illegal to treat certain mental disorders. Like using shrooms to treat cancer, acid to help with the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder, and ecstasy for autism-spectrum disorders.

On that same tangent, in California where I live (and in some other places as well), marijuana is treated as a medicine of sorts--in fact it has been proven to help with things like pain and anxiety and some social disorders, due to its mellowing effects. You'll find plenty of opinions like this all over the place, especially in places where weed is legal.

Er-hem, this is not the Debate Forum. What was this thread about again? Oh yeah. Well, I've tried every drug I've mentioned so far, and I liked the experiences of all of them. My day on shrooms made a day that was already very happy one of the happiest days of my life. I've heard stories about people freaking out on them, but that never happened to me... Instead I had fun just relaxing, spending time with my boyfriend, listening to music... it was fun, and I didn't have any particular side effects afterward.

Weed has always had similar effects for me, except a bit milder. To date I never had anything like a hallucination on any drug (not even acid, save for colours being inverted at one point)--just an amplification of feelings for the most part. Sometimes while stoned I feel like dancing around my house, or going out and being active in some way, or just cuddling.

Even alcohol has had its benefits for me--the last few times I got tipsy, I was a lot more social than I usually am, not feeling that shy or nervous at all. On the other hand, I was more prone to making silly verbal slip-ups--for example, I once accidentally introduced myself as my father's son, when I am in fact female. I didn't even feel that embarrassed; I just laughed it off and corrected the mistake. My grandmother once did a similar thing, accidentally asking a waiter for a cup of decaffeinated water when she meant decaffeinated coffee.

I think an important reason why many people are against drug use is because so many people abuse them, that is use them too excessively or often. It is true that many drugs can be dangerous when abused, which is why I'm always careful to use them in moderation, and keep a close watch for signs of addiction. Fortunately I'm not addicted to anything, save maybe for caffeine. (And Pokemon, ha ha.) I try to stay away from the more addictive stuff like tobacco and heroin.

Or perhaps it's because of the side effects. But there are ways to prevent certain side-effects from happening--for example, staying hydrated while drunk can prevent a hangover, and drinking orange juice (or any kind of citrus) after an ecstasy high helps prevent any "crash" that might happen afterward.

Gee, I have a lot to say on this issue... well, at least I'm not one of those people who writes one-liner spam.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Drugs, I've never tried them. I just don't see the appeal and I don't like cigarettes either, that stuff's nasty. As for alcohol; I've tasted beer, vodka, and even wine before, but it was never a lot nor enough to get me drunk. I don't actively drink but I'm not opposed to it if it's taken with moderation. Same with drugs.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I drank my first Tequila this past News Years, After a few cups or so I got angry with my relatives and argued & yelled at them all I cursed at my mother & my aunt. I did have a reason to be angry, but I think I went a bit too far, I punched the wall out of rage bleeding a lot of my fist, thankfully I didn't hit any one nor did they hit me. Good thing the next day I was returning back to the U.S, it was a good vacation down in Mexico sadly it ended on a bad note just for that 1 bad night. As of right now I'm still in bad terms with some of my relatives and I don't want to show my face to them for a long time. I'm angry at myself for going all mad like I did, but I'm ****** off at my relatives for aggravating me that night as well. I advise anyone with anger issues never to drink any of this stuff.

Last edited: