• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DS Help

woot21

super noob
Recently, my family had to change the WEP password for the internet at home. Which wouldn't be a problem, except that when I try to enter the new WEP password for the network the DS says the information is invalid and tells me to re-enter it. Yet when I put in a WEP password, that is wrong, it takes it and then fails to connect due to the wrong WEP password. How would I fix this?

BCVM22

One, be 100% sure you're putting in the right password.

Two, try erasing the saved connection you had in your game of choice and starting over anew with the new WEP key.

woot21

super noob
One, be 100% sure you're putting in the right password.

Two, try erasing the saved connection you had in your game of choice and starting over anew with the new WEP key.
Know I do, and tried erasing it from the DS completely.

woot21

super noob
WEP keys only contain numbers and the first 6 letters of the Alphabet. That is 1234567890abcdef. There should be a certain amount of letters in the code, the most common length is 26 characters long.
We had to reset the password, or our you referring to the string of characters on the bottom of the router?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
We had to reset the password, or our you referring to the string of characters on the bottom of the router?
It's the "password." The way that WEP works is it's more accurately to call it as a Key. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_(cryptography)

It's just like one, you can unlock the access to a network with one.

Depending on Model and which internet company that sold it you it may have the Default Key or Password, the MAC Address or just the Model number.

woot21

super noob
Trying my connection at college. Can't get IP address automatically. I have gone through the setup to do it manually up until the DNS part. I have no values to enter, on a Mac and I'm not getting any.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Trying my connection at college. Can't get IP address automatically. I have gone through the setup to do it manually up until the DNS part. I have no values to enter, on a Mac and I'm not getting any.

The Mac will use one, you can't surf the net with out one. Most computers will ask the connected ISP to find one Automaticly.

You can leave that blank if you want. But If you don't want to here one I've found Earlier.. http://www.opendns.com/

woot21

super noob
The Mac will use one, you can't surf the net with out one. Most computers will ask the connected ISP to find one Automaticly.

You can leave that blank if you want. But If you don't want to here one I've found Earlier.. http://www.opendns.com/

Thank you, and to BCVM22 for the help. It appears to be working now.