• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DS or Advance?

What game system is, IYO, better?

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 78 91.8%
  • Gameboy Advance

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shining_Espeon

I decided to get a gameboy after not having one since R/Y/B days. Which one's better - DS or Gameboy Advance? If I get Advance I'm going to get Saphire, but DS has alot of cool games but its more expensive.

Redsoxpsyco

SarahPalinClubsSeals
Gameboy Advance is carrying on a legacy of Gameboys...but DS is better XD
Better graphics, a touch screen, and small enough to fit in your pocket...that is...if you have really big pockets...or the new lighter DS <_<

Last edited:

shiny articuno master

<--- im going to get
yes ds is more expensive but u can also play game advance games on there so it will be like you also got the advance and plus diomend and pearl is only going to be for ds only

Hoshi no Kabii

ZOMG!

Gameboy Original!

Don't get the DS. Get a DS Lite *shot*. The DS has way better graphics, a touch screen, and a mic(which really isn't useful unless you have MPH). The gameboy advance doesn't even have screen protection. The DS can play GBA games. Get the DS.

Moonlight.

DS, of course, has it's own games, PLUS it can play GBA games. It also has Wi-Fi, 2 screens (one of which is a touch screen) and a built in microphone. Nice. The problem is that it has no link cable ports (so to trade or do multiplayer on GBA or GB games you need a GBA) and it can't play GB games (just DS and GBA games).

GBA is pretty simple, it has a link cable port that is compatible with both the GBA and Gb link cable, as well as a wireless adapter, and it can play GB and GBA games.

It depends what you're looking for, really.

Edit: BTW, this belongs in Nintendo Discussion.

Last edited:
I do not own a DS, so I cannot compare the two.

Angelic Elf Ivy

The DS is way better.
You can still play GBA games on it, but it also has really cool DS games too that you can buy for it.
And the touch screen is deffinetly on of it's high points. After all, it is fairly new, the touch screen that is...
And it does have really good graphics too. =3

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
Since the DS can play GBA games, I'd say get the DS.

Blazichu

Nintendo WII>>>You
DS because it can play GBA games.

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
i would get both as i have a SP And DS =D

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
If you have the money, get a DS. There's no point buying a GBA, it's outdated technology the second you leave the store, unless you're just buying it for the Pokemon games and you know someone who you want to trade with, in which case you'll have to go for the GBA for link up reasons.

Moving this to Nintendo discussion, but I think you'll just get more of the same answers there. There are plenty of threads there about the DS and how good it is, read a few of those.

At this point in time, I'd advise you to get the DS. Has many useful functions plus a wide and innovative game selection, and 'tis now a very reasonable cost. Not to mention Nintendo's starting to shift fully into the DS direction. Compare GBA games now to the ones months ago. Then you'll see what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Polaros

Jade Star Trainer
The DS definitely! I have a gameboy advance, an SP and DS. If you're going to get a Gameboy though get the SP becasue it has a back light on it, so you can see the screen no matter what- and has rechargable batteries, and it's smaller and looks better. But out of the two- DS or Gameboy Advance, get the DS because not only does it play DS games it plays GB advanced games too! It has Wi-Fi which you can play with anyone around the world for FREE (as long as you have wireless internet or USB connecter.) The new Pokemon games are coming on DS (diamond and pearl) and the other ones have a GBA and DS game. The on;y thing I don't like about playing GBA games on the DS is the letterbox around since the screen is apparently bigger than the SP and advance- but it doesn't really matter I guess. Even tthough the DS is more expensive it';s much worth it, since in a year or two the GBA games are going to be out-dated.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
The price for GBA may seem compelling, as it does for every dead or soon to be dead system. Its life is just about over I'd say. There's little reason to get it over DS.

DS is $60 more if you are comparing it to GBA SP, which is the one you should be getting, but it can play GBA games, just not multiplayer. No matter. Nobody's playing GBA multiplayer anymore. It's got a more promising future than any of the 3 new generation systems: DS, PSP, and Xbox 360. And, it's not going to die anytime soon.

Nick Mckenzie

dddddddddddddddddddd
DS wins hands-down, for the simple reason that it can play GBA games as well. If you want to play GB or GBC, or link with someone's GBA game, get a GBA. But you'd be missing out on a lot of excellent games.
If you want a GBA because you want to link up with a R/S/E game, get a DS and wait for Diamond and Pearl because those are backwards compatible with those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.