• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DS successor is one badass mofo.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
If anyone wants lulz. Check out the Translated version of the second website.

This will be a late 2010/early 2011 by the looks of it. Of course BCVM22 has more accurate predictions.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
surprising, first that refrigirator DSi now something else, i wonder how long nintendo will go on.

Last edited:

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Nintendo just broke the PS2's best December sales with the Wii. I think that's enough to show exactly how long they're going to last.

maxxa

~her last bounty~
So now I can flail about pretending to play a spot I'm public? Sweet.

jellsprout

Motion sensor. Does that mean I have to play with a Wiimote, or that it will say to me "Please don't do that again" when I throw it against a wall in frustration?

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
They just let out the DSi. Does that mean you get a discount for trading your old one in to get this new handheld?

Dattebayo

Banned
Motion Sensing? I wonder if that means a DS with no stylus so you have to use your own fingers.

Scrible

Oh, that'd be cool.
DSi games were you can control the character by motion sensing (I'll keep dreaming, lol).

They just let out the DSi. Does that mean you get a discount for trading your old one in to get this new handheld?

Probably. But maybe they'll wait until this new DSi sells a good amount before doing that.

EDIT:

^ Motion sensing doesn't mean using your fingers.... taking away the stylus would be detrimental. That's what sets the DS apart really (a touch screen).

Surfing_Pikachu

Motion Sensing? I wonder if that means a DS with no stylus so you have to use your own fingers.
FAIL. I should totally quote this.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Oh, that'd be cool.
DSi games were you can control the character by motion sensing (I'll keep dreaming, lol).

eyepet has it, it may be a PS3 exclusive but the start for the technology has been made, more compact versions will be here within 10 years.

There.....there's no words to describe how WTF this post is.

FAIL. I should totally quote this.

would i be retarded aswell to find this idea actualy an inspiring future project to work on for programmers?
sure it's still too much for a small computer (+ screen) like the DS has but this can be used on regular modified PC's already.

the games that we have now will be handheld software one day, the first hand controlled games are starting to become a normal thing, it can be possible.

jellsprout

All these fancy controller this Gen were fun at first, but now they're getting kind of boring. I don't know I can take another Gen of this. Substance over style any day.

The Mario games on the DS and the Wii mainly use the button controls, with the motion sensor and touchscreen only used for small things.
The Pokémon games only use the touchscreen/motion sensor inside the battle, where you also have the option to use your buttons, or for small unimportant things.
SSBB only replaced the C-stick with motion sensor in one single and barely used controller configuration.
Out of all the mainstream Nintendo games, only Zelda and Metroid actively abuse the new control systems and mostly to great effects. They hardly ever feel gimmicky. Zelda: TP is the only game where the motion sensor disturbed me and that game is also available with oldschool controls.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Wonder if Nintendo will make a handheld with shoulder buttons that don't break after two weeks this time.

Cobalt_Latios

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/0...ds-successor-with-motion-sensor-in-the-works/
http://www.asahi.com/digital/pc/OSK201001050110.html
This is.....awesome. I know the title is inappropriate but god damn that sounds like something majorly kickass.
Maybe this will make the DS successor a "portable GameCube" in terms of visuals, much like how the current DS is a "portable N64". At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Also, Motion Sensing? I know the Wii uses it, and quite well at times, but...

Think I-Phone or Sony Ericsson accelerometer.
Oh, that makes a helluva lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that one up.

I wonder if it'll look any different from the DSi...

...??

Did you not read the "late 2010, early 2011" release date? Meaning next year. Of course the DSi just came out. And this next DS will probably only be in Japan by then. Geez, learn to take some things with a grain of salt.

There.....there's no words to describe how WTF this post is.
Actually, there are six:
What is this I don't even

C_L