1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

DS successor is one badass mofo.

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by mitchman_93, Jan 6, 2010.

1. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

[​IMG]

2. Zalman

Zalman Master of Puppets

Imagine 5th gen Pokémon games.

Tilt your DS to throw a Pokéball.

3. Scrible

Scrible Well-Known Member

That kinda reminds me of Pokemon Ranger where you use the stylus to "rope" pokemon.

But tilting the DS sounds cool!!

I'd imagine the controls would be off a bit, though...

4. Surfing_Pikachu

Surfing_Pikachu ____________

I just realized that if it were to come out in late 2010, then that would go along with the "new DS iteration every 2 years" pattern.

5. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

I swear to god, if this comes out in 2010/2011...

I think they're releasing a bit too much off the DS system. Please, slow down Nintendo.

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Then what? If it appeals to you at the time for the price, then buy it. If not, then don't.

Game Boy Advance - May/June 2001
    Game Boy Advance SP - February/March 2003
    Game Boy Micro - September/November 2005

DS - Late 2004/early 2005
    DS Lite - March/June 2006
    DSi - November 2008/April 2009

Next handheld - Late 2010/early 2011?

The differences are minimal. I don't see how any of this is new, frightening or confusing. They've now adhered to a fairly similar schedule of launches and redesigns with their last two handhelds. There's no "too much" involved and as is said every time something new launches, unless you're being held at gunpoint and forced to not only buy a new handheld, but completely junk your old one, there's absolutely no basis on which to complain.

I would further implore everyone else to avoid leaping to conclusions based on vague promises of technical specifications and vague intended release dates, but lord knows I know better than that.

7. Cipher

Cipher Nothing to be done

Giving this benefit of the doubt. The touch controls on the DS were used fairly responsibly by most developers, and turned out well most of the time.

But if I have to start doing more waggling to play my handheld, I'm not going to be a happy camper. Waggling, unlike clicking or drawing lines, does not lend itself well to good gameplay. Hasn't on the Wii, and won't on a DS successor.

8. Burning Orphanage

Burning Orphanage Liscensed Pedophile

I'll assume that the motion sensing will consist of nothing but tilt and waggle, which isn't going to honestly lend much interesting addition to the gameplay.
    I just severely hope that developers don't abuse the function. After they treated the stylus and dual screen quite well and actually used it enhanced gameplay, I'd rather not see this go down the Wii route.

9. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

Whoa, so this is going to be a new handheld or something like that coming out Late 2010/Early 2011? I'm assuming it isn't a new type of DS, right? It will have motion sensors as well?

10. Skirgedot

Skirgedot Well-Known Member

High definition graphics, eh? My imagination got to work really hard to visualize a Pokémon game with those. I hope they don't screw with it.

11. Arsène

Arsène Well-Known Member

Nobody ever mentioned that the graphics would be High Definition.

..Unless you're referring to that poorly translated link.

12. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

13. Arsène

Arsène Well-Known Member

We'll see about that.

This is Nintendo after all.

14. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I don't see what that has to do with anything at all.

15. muumajii23

muumajii23 Well-Known Member

Oh wow... Kick-*** handheld...

You can count on Nintendo to do frickin awesome **** with their handhelds. xD

16. Skiks

Skiks MUCH RESPECT

Well all they can do with the handheld by now aside from motion is make the graphics better. If you're referring to the wii they just took the smarter approach and well didn't fail.

17. ~Spacial_Rendation~

~Spacial_Rendation~ De Ibwis Twigga!

Do people think bad things about me when I interpreate "Motion Controls" as "Built-in Eye-toy?"

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

You mean the DSi?

19. mitchman_93

mitchman_93 AND IT WAS THIS BIG!

No ~SR~ I do not. Being a follower of the mobile phone area in technology I know fairly well that such a thing is actually kinda cool. Sony Ericsson phone Yari does it quite well actually.

20. BlitzBlast

BlitzBlast Busy with School

The hype is almost tangible.