• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[DS] Team Elite - "Because Money Talks!" Discussion

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
TeamEliteBanner.png

Team Elite - "Because Money Talks!"

This discussion thread has been approved by the intensely awesome RaZoR LeAf.

LINK TO MAIN RP THREAD: RIGHT HERE

LINK TO SIGN UP THREAD: RIGHT HERE

TV TROPES PAGE

Yes, Team Elite has a TV Tropes page! You're free to make any edits you like to it, but in general, this is meant to be a funny index to all the crazy things and characters in this RP. Have fun with it, just keep it clean. We'll be expanding on it as time goes on.

LINK TO MAIN PAGE

LINK TO CHARACTERS

MAIN STORYLINE

HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN

Back in the 1980s, when decent music still existed, the government of Unova invested big bucks into a scientific research firm called JRD, yet another acronym that no one remembers what exactly it stood for. And like many other things the government invested in, they simply forgot about it, didn't audit their balance sheets, and continued to cut checks and unknowingly fund a bunch of mad scientists that were pretty much allowed to do whatever they want and keep collecting money that people were paying taxes for.

For thirty years, JRD existed in the shadows, only they called themselves Neo Genesis because JRD wasn't really a creative name anyway. In truth, most people would have browned their pants if they knew what Neo Genesis was doing with poor captured Pokémon that were really not asking for any trouble. And every now and then, they'd hire interns from a sappy job board online, promise "great growth opportunities" and no one would ever hear from them again, not sure if they became full time employees and just never called home, or if they got turned into a Pikachu and have been stuck in a cage running a giant hamster wheel to power the coffee maker. Thanks to Neo Genesis, they created over four hundred new Pokémon species in underground labs across Unova that no one even got to know about, as well as did other crazy creations involving screwing around with genetics.

And for over thirty years, they enjoyed it, but after a while, they realized no one really got to see the fruits of their labor as they kept everything secret. And it didn't take very long for them to get that screwed in the head to want to find ways to share what they made... all at once. After doing all kinds of crazy, inhuman things to themselves and other Pokémon, they decided humans were too old school to continue loafing around, being all human-like. Humans, to Neo Genesis, were like hula hoops and disco clubs trying to exist today. Or like going into an ice cream parlor that serves a hundred different flavors and then be a silly twit by choosing vanilla.

Enter Revelation Mutagen Gas. It was Neo Genesis's way of deciding to put a really quirky mark on the history books by, well, wanting to change humans into half-human, half-Pokémon creatures called "Pokémorphs," kind of like what many of them had done to themselves already. Or in some cases, "Chimeras," where they were nuts enough to take their favorite parts of multiple Pokémon and tack it all onto themselves in one package, like the fur of one Pokémon, wings of another, some other Pokémon's tail, the colors of another Pokémon, and the fun went on, as if what Arceus made was just a bunch of Legos to screw around with and then wear in the form of a permanent Halloween costume.

Anyway, Revelation Mutagen Gas, called RMG for people too lazy to say the whole thing, was generously unleashed upon Unova via twelve massive canisters opened like piñatas in the middle of Nimbasa City in a warehouse no one bothered to check out until the whole thing blew up. It didn't take very long for people to freak out, and in the beginning, people thought the gas was lethal. Nimbasa City was frantically evacuated, and it didn't take very long before people found out what the gas did. Only 7% of Nimbasa's citizens were "infected," but it was discovered that it was possible to be infected multiple times, ending up with the attributes of one Pokémon and then have another one's tacked on, and another one's after that, and so on, making a real mess out of things.

The gas kept spreading all over Unova, and travel businesses and cruiseliners, not expecting such a high demand in the "LET'S GET THE FRICK OUT OF HERE" industry to suddenly pick up, got paid a pretty penny for shipping people out. But, soon enough, checkpoints were set up, and anyone with any bit of RMG on them was barred from leaving Unova and quickly deported away from the docks, as people feared the frick out of RMG. Unova, as it was, became quarantined. The Unova government was proud to declare that 85% of the population managed to escape from Unova and be shipped off to Sinnoh, Johto, or wherever. As for the remaining 15% somewhere out there, well, Unova wished them the best of luck. The polite way of saying "you're screwed."

THE FOUNDING OF TEAM ELITE

Unova realized their major goof up after checking out the books again and someone actually smart made the connection between the insane Neo Genesis and JRD, which was actually supposed to stand for "Joint Research Division" back on a 1981 manual that had already yellowed quite nicely in the archives. Problem was, the Unova government officials no longer had their Unova stuff, including their shiny offices, their new exotic cars, their shore houses, and if word got out that they really screwed up, well, things would get ugly.

They needed someone to, well, take care of the Neo Genesis problem. And the fact they let out over 800 new science-created Pokémon just go gallivanting into the Unova wilderness while Pokémorphs and Chimeras were walking around in Unova, having no idea what was to become of them, didn't look so hot either. They needed someone to clean up the mess and find a solution. And they felt sending the military would make things look too dire and political. Already, they had assure the Unova citizens that this was just a minor hiccup that would soon be solved, all the while keeping things quiet about the real nature of how things went down... the toilet.

So, who did they hire if it wasn't the military? Well, talented Pokémon trainers like yourself, of course! With an extra chunk of money from cutting off funding to "JRD," they could pay each trainer they hired fifty million dollars each to head into Unova and put an end to Neo Genesis, and maybe find a way to clean up the gas, round up the wild Pokémon that really shouldn't have existed and maybe put them into a goofy zoo, and find something to address the Pokémorph/Chimera thing. Hopefully. Great deal, huh? Because yeah, otherwise Unova is fully in Neo Genesis's hands, and that could get ugly. Like the burrito you hid in the glove compartment and only discovered two weeks later.

And so, the Unova government quietly hired you as "Team Elite," given the mission to head into a region now thick with mutagen chemical gases, strange new Pokémon, Unova citizens that have probably lost their marbles over what they have become, and well, other fun stuff. But that's good, because Trainers like you are prepared for adventure, right?

And I repeat, fifty million dollars! Just as long as you keep the truth hushed up, okay?

MECHANICS (NOT THE ONES THAT WORK ON YOUR CAR)

You're a Unova citizen who managed to be one of the lucky 85% of the people that evacuated before they closed the gates. Okay, not all that lucky, but still. Or you're someone from the outside that caught their interest, because you're just that extra special. Either way, the Unova government is sending you back into Unova to make things right, hopefully find something to undo the damage, and generally make sure Neo Genesis won't be a problem anymore, whatever that might entail.

The Unova officials gave you a gas mask, a badass night-camouflage uniform, high-tech radio equipment, and even whatever weapon(s) you wanted to have to make you feel cool and get motivated for a mission like you were some special black ops, A-Team, or otherwise macho elite commando ready to kick tail and chew bubble gum when really... no. There's a few things you should know too.

The gas mask doesn't actually work against RMG, so every time you make an RP post, you have a 10% chance (randomized rolls courtesy of random.org!) of having your character become infected and become a Pokémorph of a Pokémon. So every time a 10 or below pops up, you're infected with RMG!

"Uhh, yeah, so what happens when I get infected with RMG?"

When you get infected by RMG (after you're all done cursing your luck), you'll be presented with three Pokémon chosen by random (random.org, that is!), 1-649. All your favorites and all the ones you can't stand. So let's use an example, Jackie Williams, a hotshot and kickass-looking female trainer.

So let's say Jackie Williams makes a post, and on the randomized roll of 1-100 to see if she gets infected, she gets a 7 when I do the rolls. Since this is under 10, she gets infected with RMG! And this is where the fun begins.

So, after that, a randomized roll of 1-649 occurs three times. So, after trying it, this is what she gets to choose from:

#414 - Mothim
#255 - Torchic
#340 - Whiscash

Okay, so let's say she goes with Mothim. So her character transforms into a Mothim Pokémorph on her next post.

Since her luck sucks, let's say she gets infected again on her next post, and now she gets three more.

#623 - Golurk
#491 - Darkrai
#497 - Serperior

No contest here, she goes with Darkrai on this one (actually got pretty lucky!). So she can do just about anything that adds the Darkrai stuff to her already existing Mothim Pokémorph form, such as changing her colors to reflect Darkrai's and/or adding in the smoke-like features that Darkrai has.

Let's say she gets infected again.

#106 - Hitmonlee
#358 - Chimecho
#198 - Murkrow

She goes with Murkrow and gives herself that feathery Murkrow tail, and maybe the funny witch's hat crest that a Murkrow has as well, tacked on to all the things she has already. So actually, she doesn't look too half bad in the end.

And it goes on and on. See how it works? But yes, none of the forms can be completely "overwritten" which means at least something of the previous forms should still be there. Like she can't scrap the Mothim or Murkrow stuff by replacing it with whatever she gets next and make it seem like she never even got those. But don't panic if you get weird or stupid stuff, there will be ways to play around with this and possibly undo it later on in the RP. But that won't be for a while.

Oh yeah, and after being dropped in Nimbasa City, scene of the crime, you suddenly realize your radio equipment is only strong enough to reach your fellow team members. Something is now blocking long-range communications, so you can't contact HQ for more help... not like they would give it to you anyway.

And so begins the mission and the investigation to find the mad scientists of Neo Genesis and whatever more weirdness they've cooked up for dinner.

And let's not forget... fifty million dollars!

DISCUSSION THREAD RULES

Yeah, this has rules. But hey, it's nothing you can't handle.

• You're free to ask any questions about the RP, make funny comments, make crazy suggestions, or whatever. Just as long as it's about the RP itself and not about your dog, or your neighbor, or your neighbor's dog, or that kind of thing.
  • Again, if you think you're going to be inactive because your family just can't wait to take that vacation to Djibouti, this is a great place to mention it. Just make sure you push in your chair after you get up so people don't trip on it!
  • If you have great ideas, plans, or you're thinking of throwing in something crazy and want to talk it out before going ahead with it, that would be awesome. Trust me, I'm pretty open to ideas and such, so don't be shy or timid about it.
  • Any garbage you leave lying around will be glued to your car in the parking lot. We know who you are!
  • And if you think something else should be added to the main post of this discussion thread, just say it, I'm game for anything as long as it relates to the RP itself.

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Hey, neat, we got that Discussion thread! Haven't touched the TvTropes page yet, should probably get on it at some point.

Two people infected already? Heh, things are starting to get brutal again. I just really pity Theresa for her choices 8P Will post later on today, still pondering whether or not to have Kris continue tagging along with Alex and Ian or have him go off alone.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I believe this has inadvertantly gotten my adicted to TV tropes....oh dead.

That aside, I am going to be quite busy this week, so I might not be able to post extremely regularly. We will have to see.

Ian seems sort of like a stalker as I imagine that scene in my head. Just a thought.

GalladeofSpades

Imaginative 24/7
I'd LOVE to edit that page... But my knowledge of which tropes should apply where makes it a bit difficult. :/

Post should be coming in a bit.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I'd LOVE to edit that page... But my knowledge of which tropes should apply where makes it a bit difficult. :/

Well, as characters get more developed, it should be easier. But yeah, feel free to add as much as you like whenever you like.

And yeah, I feel really, really bad for Theresa, those were some pretty horrible outcomes. >.<

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer

Yay! Some interaction!

My response to your post should be coming in a bit. I'm multitasking over here.

Such a shame Tara is a watch, and not a robot, then she can actually do something other than talk. xD (And be a Capture Styler.)

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Theresa...kinda made it work. XD Rather morbidly I must say. XD Well...pretty impractical running around in a long cape that covers just about everything...so there's a reason. XD

leafstormfire

~Freezing Winds~
I think we can, not sure though. It's pretty cool that you chose a Ranger.

And sorry for the delay of the post, AA.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Ok, I'mma posting now then but I do apologise if I'm a little out, I'm kinda terrible at catching up posts :(

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I think we can, not sure though. It's pretty cool that you chose a Ranger.

Thanks. :3

Though, to be honest, I did that mainly because I was too lazy to come up with nicknames/personalities for a full team of six. xD So making him a Ranger seemed like the best way to not have a full team without being...um...useless compared to everyone else who has a full team AND A GUN! xD

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Though, to be honest, I did that mainly because I was too lazy to come up with nicknames/personalities for a full team of six. xD So making him a Ranger seemed like the best way to not have a full team without being...um...useless compared to everyone else who has a full team AND A GUN! xD

Traynor doesn't have a gun ^^

I was originally thinking of doing a Ranger when I first reserved too, though... Traynor popped into my head and I kinda felt obligated to give her purpose in an RP.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
So, can we make Pokemon appear, or do you do that?

I kinda want to make use of Leo's capture Styler.

Of course, you can make stuff appear. Make stuff happen, don't feel like it needs to be me, the GM, making all the crazy things happen and everyone else is just playing follow the leader.

I do feel like I may need to find a way to split up the group. Having everyone travel as one pack may seem like a lot, so I may need to have several things happen at once, but in two separate locations.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Of course, you can make stuff appear. Make stuff happen, don't feel like it needs to be me, the GM, making all the crazy things happen and everyone else is just playing follow the leader.

Alright, just needed to make sure. Didn't want to overstep my boundaries. ^^

I do feel like I may need to find a way to split up the group. Having everyone travel as one pack may seem like a lot, so I may need to have several things happen at once, but in two separate locations.

Yeah, having this many people travelling together can make things difficult...

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Agreed, it would be good if there were multiple points of interest spread around. I was thinking of having my characters go their separate ways, but was kind of afraid I'd just throw myself somewhere all alone and end up playing on my own if I did, hence why I had Kris follow after Alex and Ian (and Theresa and Janine, though they weren't part of the group when he started to follow them yet) in the end. Same with the doc.

I guess I could split my characters up though, have one follow Alex's group and one go find something else to do (and hopefully offer something to do for others, I just gotta figure out what they'd find)

GoldenHouou

antagoonist
Yep, I was thinking the same. Would take a miracle to get her away from them now |D So Kris is most likely going to wander off later on then. Maybe his Gengar finds something and practically drags him away. He's too lazy to fight back anyway.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Agreed, it would be good if there were multiple points of interest spread around. I was thinking of having my characters go their separate ways, but was kind of afraid I'd just throw myself somewhere all alone and end up playing on my own if I did, hence why I had Kris follow after Alex and Ian (and Theresa and Janine, though they weren't part of the group when he started to follow them yet) in the end. Same with the doc.

I guess I could split my characters up though, have one follow Alex's group and one go find something else to do (and hopefully offer something to do for others, I just gotta figure out what they'd find)

I'll come up with a method to get the group a little more broken up next post. Just need someone to post after me, but it will basically consist of several things going on in separate locations. It will basically go down as something like this:

At the Black City location, Alex's group discovers it's one of the labs that was used to make the unnatural Pokémon. Only thing is, he (or Janine, depends on how things develop) come across a communications radio used by Neo Genesis. And they'll soon discover something.

At the moment, Neo Genesis already has more canisters ready to be shipped out of Driftveil by a convoy, and their destination is to go to an awaiting cargo ship Castelia City, where their last stop before being released will be in Sinnoh. Of course one group will want to intercept that before it comes to pass. Otherwise... ha ha, it may affect the sequel. ;)

They also learn that Neo Genesis is creating an evolution process for Chimeras in Virbank City. The details are vague, but they find out something strange is going on there as well, and from the looks of it, it could potentially erupt into something nasty and make the situation in Unova even worse if it were to get out in the public.

And lastly, they get the locations of all the Neo Genesis places, such as which ones are researching new mutagens and biotech, which ones are creating new Pokémon, which ones are making more RMG gas, and so on. The only one missing is the key headquarters location, but that can come later.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Well, Traynor ran/flew off the moment she got off of the plane and lost track of the group. She's pretty much only just got back to them and it could be that she hadn't quite been noticed yet. So I'm happy for someone to just go 'girl with the Druddigon, follow me' or whatever. To be honest, I'm a little lost over the group's splitting apart and what's going on in the locations :/