• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[DS] Tides of Freelance ~ Nigh Ruin

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I vote for yay on harris roberts not being able to sleep. I'm actually considering having my freelancer defect and become a neutral bystander. In other words, supporting neither side, although she would want the old school back. Of course, the only reason she hasn't left freelancer side yet is because she hasn't been kept up to date and she hasn't had time to read the current news. That might all change once she does. She's all for helping pokemon, as long as no one is hurt on either side. But I wonder... Can I really write up a post with one of my pokemon being essentially killed on site for active display of protestment against the collars hm....

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
Ya, this past week was hectic, so my posts have had zero planning. Also, I have to agree that Harris should regret his decisions as it would make the most logical sense. Also Neo, I am quite frankly undecided now about having Nightshade contact you. Mainly because others have felt/feel the need to have their character take a stab at contacting you. I'm not saying that my idea of having my character speak with you sparked the idea with others; its just that, realistically, I would see Bishop growing rather irritable about having third party members or other freelancers just now wanting to get peace talks going. I had intended for Night to simply learn and understand ENDoG's reasons for what they started rather than talk about peace (after all, a Pokemon's argument and Bishop's argument are going to be heavily biased no matter what is said). So, I am now leaning towards not bothering; however, if you/Bishop would not be encumbered by all of these "other" freelancers contacting you and add Night onto the list of "those who want to speak with the enemy" list, I will reconsider and plan it for a future date when he is not busy with everything else.

Secondly, the war sounds like a excellent idea. What a nasty way to turning a save into a fail all over again (yes, my two cents on what I thought of it). At least, that is how I am looking at it.

Well, this sounded rather critical; I know. Anyways, I'll see if I can post anything after work tomorrow and go from there. I think I am starting to lean towards an uprising of Pokemon. Once the "Musketeer" trio/quartet (whichever applies more fittingly), I think they would help spark a revolution and form "Nature's army." Only fitting. Obviously makes ENDoG's decision much more "good," but I like to make things more realistic in approach. Should be fun to see this start up.

EDIT: Why is it Neo that every time I read your posts here, I keep making a connection with Necros's "Magus" characters. I swear, I am starting to see Bishop, after your little note on the previous page, where you make it seem as if every step is a calculation and every post from us is either a misstep or a lucky break. I'm pretty sure that Night got away from being characterized as being falsely labeled to the public as chaotic evil, but now I am starting to reconsider every future and past endeavor for both Nightshade AND Sylene. In other words, I accept that challenge.

Last edited:

gmoyes

Nerd and Proud of it
Yeah, sometimes you just have to read Bishop's posts and say 'who's on the good side?' Though if there are any negoiations going on, I would like my charicter in on it. Though not yet of course, I have to get him out of the caves first and I had an idea of trying to make allies with the dragon tamers of Blackthorn. Of course, while there there's going to be a lot of philosophical talks. I would guess that they don't agree with ENDoG's ideas but would only fight if attacked. The dragons would be some valuable allies, hmm? Anyway, the only thing that Alex has really done against ENDoG is computer programing and killing a soldier that really pissed him off. However, he didn't go on a rampage killing every soldier he saw, he listened to Craig's story. Let's just see how the hostage situation finishes huh?

storymasterb

Knight of RPGs
Bleh. Damn. This is exactly the issue I'm having. Seeing ENDoG as an oppressive regime and... yeah. The issue is that I essentially had this perception of ENDoG as a more oppressive, tyrannical regime and the Freelancers as freedom fighters and just... yeah. I dived into 'FIGHT FOR FREEDOM' too fast. I'm not quite sure where to continue with Benedict from here, because dragging him into someone more moderate and willing to compromise seems off.

But now it feels like I'm playing the bad guy and damn I have trouble with that. It makes it far harder to justify to myself anything extreme I have Benedict do. But. Yeah. In general, I'd say starting a war between Hoenn and ENDoG/everyone else would be an interesting step. As for Benedict, he'd probably then try to free some Legendaries to cause more chaos for ENDoG. But first, Dialga. I think, Septic, that I'll be going for the same sort of aim of a Pokemon uprising. At some point I'm also thinking of having Benedict meet up with some internet-savvy Freelancers and getting the list of the containment facilities out to the wider community of Freelancers. Just to start another problem for ENDoG.

But damn, I'm having trouble dealing with playing the bad guy. But. Hm. The issue seems to be, like, the Freelancers are Chaotic verging between Neutral and Evil, and ENDoG are super Lawful Good, but to the point of Lawful Stupid concerning the Legendaries.

I think I need to start talking to some of you more. That might help me figure out how to deal with stuff.

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Wrangler
Sorry about the lack of posting, I've had one hell of a week and am working on catching up and working on my post as well.

Yeah, I may not be on until next week either, I'm in the process of moving closer to the university I'm starting at next week, so I have things to work on.

Neo, if you have time/interest, you can bunny my character.

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
I realized that I honestly can't do anything with my character and am thus dropping out of the RP. Neo, feel free to use Tenant as an NPC

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Mmmm... I hope that my post wasn't too much of OOC stuff. I can edit my post if need be Saraibre. I don't really know much to add on to the kanto army so I only posted movement from the army going to certain towns.

R.I. Saraibre

Draconis Deviantus
I didn't find a problem with it as things like that travel quite quickly.

I didn't expect the RP to take this kind of turn. XD I think it's time we gathered more of the Freelancer side up and advance more plot points here.

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
you know, for some odd reason, my previous post concerning about Mew is actually working... I am oddly pleased with the fact that I can still technically search for Mew in Mt Silver. Just a curious note to ask. Will a marked freelancer be able to feel a strange vibe in them (or a sixth sense) when they start getting near their legendary pokemon?

R.I. Saraibre

Draconis Deviantus
you know, for some odd reason, my previous post concerning about Mew is actually working... I am oddly pleased with the fact that I can still technically search for Mew in Mt Silver. Just a curious note to ask. Will a marked freelancer be able to feel a strange vibe in them (or a sixth sense) when they start getting near their legendary pokemon?

Since by now more of that legendary's ability will have pased onto their counterpart by now, and looking at my last post, the answer would be yes. Considering the escalating situation for both people and the world over, anyone can get more into their superpowers.

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
I left you a note in my VM to you, but you may have missed it. So here it is in here: do only human freelancers get the privilege of being marked, or can a Pokemon, say Night, become marked?

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
I think I can answer that question for you. I believe the answer would be only humans since in a way, the legendary pokemon lack something that they think only the humans have that can help with their predicament. You can easily guess what it is, but one easy reason why it's only humans is the fact that the majority of the pokemon don't really think outside the box. I have a few other ideas as to why they would choose a human, but some of those theories are a bit harsh in terms of comparisons.

R.I. Saraibre

Draconis Deviantus
I left you a note in my VM to you, but you may have missed it. So here it is in here: do only human freelancers get the privilege of being marked, or can a Pokemon, say Night, become marked?

*totally did not see this VM*

The idea for the RP specifically had humans inherit the powers, as if Pokemon did, that would give more reason for the human race to be paranoid about their sole demise while Pokemon strived onwards. Arceus specifically asked for humans to be marked in order to strive to save what he could and bridge the growing gap between humans and nature, as that is what Pokemon and trainers relations was meant to evolve and represent in a sense. When this relation was obviously threatened and soon ENDoG started capturing the legendaries, that's when Arceus decided to do, as he had put his trust in a human once. [Bit of a movie nod here] So having a Pokemon marked, for the plot, I can say it isn't possible. Arceus and the other Legends are trying to have humans they believe they can trust in order to kill the mass chaos and fear, with the idea that humans better relate with their own kind than Pokemon.

Agent Tectonic

From Ashes, I Come
Well, so much for a war with Kanto and Hoenn. DVB, I may be the only one, but I feel that the President getting blown up inside a plane is 1) a complete buzz kill and 2) illogical. For my first reason, I get he is an NPC and all and is subject to anyone's whim's, but I think that the plot that was going on was rather cool and now it just goes up in smoke. My second reason holds more truth in the fact that all planes are able to handle any kind of lightning, whether it is normal lightning or I'll go on a limb and say Pokemon lightning. They are built to handle it and any turbulence a plane does go through is never in regards to being struck. It's all Physics and how metal's (among other things) work. I'm not big on Physics, so I don't want to come off sounding like I'm into Engineering and stuff like that (hate it actually), but that was one thing that I did pick up on while I had to take Physics 2 last semester.

EDIT: As this posts proves, I am still kicking around here, so I'll have a post up later tonight or tomorrow. My guess is that while I may have a small discrepancy about Hoenn's president dying, I'll carry on unless R.I. agrees and asks for a change.

Last edited:

Slipomatic

Eon Collector
Actually, I have another point against the death of Hoenn's president. Nowadays, if an airplane has to go through a storm, I can almost guarantee that they simply avoid going through a storm by flying above the storm clouds. What idiot would try flying through a storm hm?

I plan on having Mithal try to fortify Altomare, unfortunately, we don't have a latias/latios marked human.... Sides, I'm not going to act like I'm the one running the RPG like a certain someone is doing and let Saraibre handle that. I also noticed that once I left that guy at the very beginning of the RPG, he has not made a single post ever since then, at least in the rpg.

P.S. - I think Saraibre is dead.

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I'm... not too fond of the way Quincy was conveniently and anticlimactically killed either, but I have a way to keep things going even without him. And possibly make things even more interesting.

In fact, I can use what both of you guys said and have Hoenn's Vice President make the claim that it wasn't a natural thunderbolt, but instead one that was made as an attack on behalf of a Pokemon. And he'll accuse the Freelancers and DSO of doing it because they're the only ones that don't have NEEM collars being used. And because the legendaries were just released and ENDoG no longer has control over them.

R.I. Saraibre

Draconis Deviantus
I am attempting to find time to read over wht's been going on, make a post, work on my plot twist between doing inventory at work and home and my real life SUCKS for having free time right now.

I am going to attempt to post within the next 36 hours and try and catch up. Falling behind in your own RP because of work is BAD... ><