1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

DS Top Screen Flashes Red?

Discussion in 'Technology Help' started by MugoUrth, Apr 21, 2012.

1. MugoUrth

MugoUrth Bibarel's adorable.

Here's something I noticed as of late about my DS. A few months ago, the top screen of my DS started to flash red occasionally. But recently, it's been doing that a LOT more often. And when I say the top screen of my DS flashes, I don't mean the whole screen. Just rips and bits of the top screen flash red, almost in a tiger stripe pattern.

Has anyone ever witnessed this with their DS before? And if so, does it mean the top screen is starting to become defect?

2. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

That happened to one of my friend's DS years ago. It's usually caused by a wire getting bent too much in the hinge. Do you often open your DS's hinge so it's compleley flat? It's not meant to go that far and doing that is usually the reason for it breaking.

3. MugoUrth

Actually, I'm noticed my DS's hinge is a little flimsy, so I probably bent it a lot, but the top screen still works fine for now.

4. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

This happened to my DSLite a few months back except the lines were green. I tried everything I found on google but no luck. It ended up getting worse and worse so I ended up selling it.

5. MugoUrth

I feel sorry for the sucker who bought THAT DS then.

6. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

I sold it to Gamestop and they checked and everything and still bought it. As for who bought it from them, it sucks for them.

7. Maylu Sakurai

Maylu Sakurai Dawn's ultimate Fan!

it would of required a new screen and hinge which these can be found at ebat but it is a pain to reconnect the screens into the connectors

8. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

What? GAME didn't buy my DS Lite because it was too flimsy =/

But yeah, it's probably due to a bent wire. That happened to my friend once, he kept on bending the screen too far and in the end it eventually came off completely. (It still somehow works though, lolwut)