• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DS Vision

Dattebayo

Banned
It reminds me of the GBA video player mostly, but I know the videos will have poor sound quality unless you have a head phone.

Cobalt_Latios

Judging by the photos, it utilizes a microSD card with an DS game card adapter, yes.
I've seen a few of those (not the DS cards though, just the plain ones). Kind of neat that it's a card within a card. Though, I seem to recall this thing about a year ago... if that's the case then what was that?

The concept of watching Pokémon movies on the 3" screen of your DS is that appealing to you?
I have movies 2,8,9,10 on my iPod. That's slightly smaller than 3". And I don't mind one bit. Considering that the GBA video was on a size smaller than the DS (and perhaps that was iPod size) and that people bought it, I really boils down to who is buying them.

~C_L~

pkmn_GSC

Have a nice day.
...I have movies 2,8,9,10 on my iPod. That's slightly smaller than 3". And I don't mind one bit. Considering that the GBA video was on a size smaller than the DS...

I have watched extended viewing of youtube videos on my iriver clix2 (if you have to know it was a few AVGN videos as well as a few other stuff) for about, I don't know, maybe like 2 hours straight. the screen on it (iriver clix) is a 2.2" OLED screen, so the quality of the screen really matters, the iriver had a fairly crisp picture so it was easy, but the quality of it HAS to be better than the GBA Video BS. If the picture quality is at least as good as the in-game cutscenes on some games (the better quality cutscenes, not the in-game rendered ones), if not better. I would expect because it's not on a proprietary (or as proprietary format) then the space they can put it on can be bigger than just the regular cartridge. By the way, how much space does a DS cartridge usually have? I have seen micro-sd's that were like 4 gigs (Bigger than UMD, if I am not mistaken) so that shouldn't be a problem.

(BTW too lazy to check over my reply for like contradictions but am using built in browser spell checker)

Last edited:

Torpoleon

are the other Pokemon movies going to be released on DS and does anyone know if it will be released in U.S.?

Torpoleon

What do you mean by that? No it's not scheduled for release in the USA. JPN is the only region it's coming out for in the foreseeable future.
ok and i meant if the other movies like the 10th will be released for the DS. also would it be like Game Boy Video?

PokemonHero

I can see the future
The concept of watching Pokémon movies on the 3" screen of your DS is that appealing to you?

I think it's the idea of it being portable makes it appealing to some.

Personally, I like the idea. It will be interesting to see whether or not there will be a U.S. release. And if there is a U.S. release, the question becomes whether or not studios will be willing to have their films put into this content.

This may be the way I get my Pokemon movies. The last Pokemon movie I bought was Pokemon: The Movie 2000. On VHS. *Feels old*

Torpoleon

I hope not, the GBA Video trash, video quality wise. It may be an adapter with a microsd in it.
ok and maybe people on Youtube have it and I will see a video of it one day.

kirby8933083

mai husbando

I bet the sound on it is amazing too. Get the popcorn popin'.

I guess it would be ok, just as appealing as watching movies/shows on ipods. Even the ones where the whole front of it is the screen, still pretty small.