• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ds wont turn on

blueorangecar1

Running on N2O
today i knew my ds was working right because i was playing it.then i turned of the ds to do other things.i came back later and i found out i cant turn it on.I thought i left it on and it ran out of power but i put it in the recharger to see if it did and nothing.so what should i do?

Rizaadon

Raging Charmander...
I don't know, I guess you'll have to get a new one... Did you damage it or something?

Locke Yggdrasill

Eustis on reddit
Try a different outlet, see if the orange light comes on.

Rizaadon

Raging Charmander...
I don't know, I guess you'll have to get a new one... Did you damage it or something?

blueorangecar1

Running on N2O
where the pillow was it was cool and it was not hot.since that happend before i was not able to turn it off instead of not turning on.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Looks like it's just broken.
I'd send it to nintendo if I were you ;)

Good luck repairing it/getting a new one =D

maybe you could try removing the battery.

thats what i did when my mp3 player froze

maybe you could try removing the battery.

thats what i did when my mp3 player froze

Does it turn on briefly, and then shut off, or it just won't turn on? If it starts to turn on, take out your GBA and DS games, blow in the slots, and try again without the games in the DS.

But if it just won't turn on, might be a blown fuse.

If it's one of the old DS's, then I've heard those can just die for no reason 'cuz they're so old. 0_o I think mine might be dying, it's battery life is down to 3 hours, and the bottom inch or so of the touch screen doesn't light up. XD

Mr.Palkia_7389

it could just be the battery? you might not need to get a new DS worth $170 you could just try and oder a battery for around $30.

Ka-King!

[-SSSS MUIJN960WWWWW
Well, right now my ds won't work because when I power it up, the touch screen flashes white and the top screen stays black, and then it powers down. There is a problem with the internal wiring and you need to all the phone number on the BACK OF YOUR DS. It's Nintendo's house. They'll offer a repair for around 89.10 dollars, or some manufactered one for 90+ dollars. If you've had your ds for less than a year, they should give you one for free or for a trivial amount.

Last edited:

Cobalt_Latios

Assuming you haven't had your DS for exactly a year, then your warranty should be good enough that you can send in for a new one. Or, you could purchase a new one.

*looks above* Nevermind, beaten...

~C_L~