• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dsi Keeps Freezing

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
Hey, I hope this is the Right place to put this..

Sometime in the Middle of last week me Dsi Started Freezing up During Gameplay.(All games)

My Dsi has always been in Good condition, and I have always taken good care of it, now it freezes, and Just now it wouldn't load any games, so I cleaned out the slot again and it loaded it, Giving me this message after booting

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
HNI_0035.jpg

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Does anyone know how to fix this? D:

PS: I've had it Since May 2009. And have always Kept it Clean and Running well, never droping it, or Exposing it to wet/damp/humid Temps.

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
Let me start off by start off by asking a few diagnostic questions.

Have you dropped, jarred, or subjected your DSi to any kind of impact? Have you ever used any pirated games? Have you ever surfed the internet with it? Have you ever used your DSi to download something from a questionable source? Did you smell a burned or coppery smell right before this error occurred?

This will help rule out some possible problems.

N!ck

Although you've been taking care of your DSi system, it's possible for a wire getting loose. I'd recommend calling Nintendo and see if they can repair or replace your system.

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
Let me start off by start off by asking a few diagnostic questions.

Have you dropped, jarred, or subjected your DSi to any kind of impact? Have you ever used any pirated games? Have you ever surfed the internet with it? Have you ever used your DSi to download something from a questionable source? Did you smell a burned or coppery smell right before this error occurred?

This will help rule out some possible problems.

The only one of the Above was Surfing the Net, but thats just for Facebook/serebii, when I couldn't find my laptop Charger.

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
That seems like a Slot-1 related problem.
Contact issues probably caused the random freezings.

Cleaning the contacts might have done something to the contacts that would prevent them from reading the games properly.

May I Inquire on how one would come across Cleaning the game/DSi in a safe way?

N!ck

That seems like a Slot-1 related problem.
Contact issues probably caused the random freezings.

Cleaning the contacts might have done something to the contacts that would prevent them from reading the games properly.

Wires? In a DSi?

Yep, there are wires in a DSi. Although it's mostly made up of circuits, there are 3-5 wires inside of a DSi.