• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

DSL Help

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Okay, I have SBC Yahoo! DSL and a Netgear WGR614 v5 Wireless Router. Usually, I route the modem through the router, and connect my laptop to one of the LAN ports, but there's a problem. DSL won't connect when I do that. It only works when I connect the modem directly to the computer. Can anybody help?

Trip

Former Staff Member
Check that the cable you had running from your modem to your computer isn't a crossover cable. Crossover cables are made for connecting devices in that way.

Only standard cables will allow you to run from the modem to the router, and then from the router to the computer.

- Trip

ricocheting

Noob Trainer
Admin
have you ever had it working with SBC through the router? i'm not positive, but I think SBC uses PPPoE for login so a router isn't just "plug-and-play." you have to go in and configure your router with your SBC login information. maybe someone else that has SBC can confirm this, but that would be my guess

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Actually, it's working now. However, I've had some disconnections and stuff...and my DS won't let me visit other towns. (A bit off topic, but that's one of my problems with the router)