• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dual-types you want to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagged

with the idea for a Water/fire type, i think the best creature to base that off would be a pistol shrimp :D with ACTUAL gun barrels under its claws or something

Indragon

Back in the USSR
Dragon-Ice (unbeatable)

Hardly - apart from the aforementioned Dragon weakness, it'd still be weak to Steel, Fighting, Rock and hence, to Stealth Rock as well.

I always wanted a Fire/Water type. I was thinking some kind of dolphin, since no dolphin Pokemon exists yet.

Just my opinion, but dolphins don't even remotely have anything to do with the Fire type. Maybe if they made a volcano-dwelling "lave dolphin" one or something...

Grass/Fire? I could so see a Pokemon based on a red pepper!

Red pepper? That's....a bit weird. I'd think of a Pokemon based on a tropical forest tree for a Grass/Fire.

Jagged

New Psychic dual-types would be interesting to see, like Psychic/Fire, Psychic/Electric and Psychic/Dark

Last edited:

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Hey I've though of a dolphin water/fire pokemon too. Sure, dolphins may not have any relation to fire, but it's not impossible. Have there been a dolphin-jumping-through-the-ring-of-fire before? That can be one inspiration.

I'll also wanna see a ghost/psychic pokemon too. Spirit pokemon to an extreem degree compared to spiritomb and other ghosts. Also a new example of a glass cannon special version.

And let's not forget fire/ice combination-a ying-yang relation between hot and cold. With ice melting possible, this pokemon can also learn water attacks.

I have imagined grass/fire rather as a fiery-colured flower pokemon though.

Jagged

Hmmm...I still like my idea of a Water/Fire shrimp :D, though i'm guessing others have thought of a pistol shrimp poke. The dolphin idea seems a bit odd, but i guess it could work, i dunno

Last edited:

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Dragon-Electric. I like the whole rotom type. But a dragon with elecrtic radaiting around it would be sweet.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I like Garchomp as he is, but the Electric triple type would be epic!

Jagged

I'd be happy with just ANY new dragon dual-type (as long as it is original and interesting), like the Dragon/Electric type you guys have mentioned

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Dragon..../Ice?
Fire/Ghost would be good. :p

Special rends idea of a pepper pokemon has got me agreeing with him. : )

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Ghost/Fighting, just to make things interesting!

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Ghost/Steel. (Solid or not?)

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
When I think of the water/fire idea my first thought was something along the lines of Slugma that lives near/in the underwater volcanoes. o.0

Good idea about the list,
Flying has used every possible combination aside from pure flying of course, just found this out o.0

Normal has only been combined with flying, water, and psychic

Water has been combined with everything but ghost and fire so good call everyone.

if anyone else wants to join in, be my guest.

AKRy100

Shockingly electric!
I'd like to see a ghost/water type based on the weird clanking and hissing sounds that you hear from the water pipes at night. Perhaps it could be a bit like rotom, with a radiator forme, boiler forme, etc...... nah, that would never work.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
For the Dragon dual type, my favourite would certainly be Dragon/Dark. Dragon/Ice is also a good idea, maybe something like a dragon from the ice age....but yeah, almost any typing with Dragon in it sounds good.

Fire/Ghost...that would do great for a starter, i think

Yeah, that'd be a great starter!

When I think of the water/fire idea my first thought was something along the lines of Slugma that lives near/in the underwater volcanoes. o.0

Yeah, I'm thinking if we have a Fire/Water, it'll have something to do with lava/volcanoes.

About that list, I was bored, so I made a program to display dual typings.

Grass/Fire Who doesn't want one of these ;)
Grass/Electric
Grass/Normal
Grass/Ghost
Grass/Dragon Interesting typing....
Grass/Steel

Fire/Water iz kewl type
Fire/Electric I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet
Fire/Normal
Fire/Ghost Good for a starter and an interesting typing anyhow
Fire/Psychic Reversing the Fire/Fighting starters with a Fire/Psychic?
Fire/Bug
Fire/Poison
Fire/Ice A masterful contrast
Fire/Dragon No, seriously. Dragons and...breathing fire, this is a given.

Water/Ghost With the explosion of water types with every gen, it's only a matter of time, I guess

Electric/Normal
Electric/Dark I'd like this one
Electric/Psychic
Electric/Fighting A great type combo offensively
Electric/Rock
Electric/Ground
Electric/Bug
Electric/Poison Ground attacks destroy them but we need more cool Poison types!
Electric/Ice I dunno what this'll be but it's an interesting typing
Electric/Dragon A legendary who controls lighting and summons thunderstorms perhaps?

Normal/Dark
Normal/Ghost A...strange co-existance
Normal/Fighting
Normal/Rock
Normal/Ground Might be OK, I'm feeling that Normal/anything will be a bit meh
Normal/Bug
Normal/Poison
Normal/Ice
Normal/Dragon
Normal/Steel

Flying/Fighting (◘Ins0mnIac◘, we don't have this yet =P)
Flying (not dual, but hey, we need this!)

Dark/Psychic Another interesting typing
Dark/Fighting What some people thought Zoroark would be
Dark/Ground And I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet. Something that lives underground...maybe...
Dark/Bug
Dark/Dragon Epic typing :D
Dark/Steel

Ghost/Psychic
Ghost/Fighting Cool typing and strong too
Ghost/Rock Enter cemetery-mon!
Ghost/Ground I like this for some reason
Ghost/Steel

Psychic/Bug It's so weird that it's cool ;)
Psychic/Poison

Fighting/Rock
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice Looks promising
Fighting/Dragon A dragon who fights =P

Rock/Poison A true rock snake if Onix got a split evo or something.
Rock/Ice
Rock/Dragon

Bug/Ice Once more, a cool typing
Bug/Dragon We don't have a Bug legendary yet, so maybe this?

Poison/Ice
Poison/Dragon
Poison/Steel Yay for opposites!

Ice/Dragon Another one of 'em nice Dragon dual typings
Ice/Steel Hm...

Jagged

Indragon, that is a really good list. With the Electric/Ice type, that sounds to me like a refridgerator XD. And with a Ghost/Water type, I would associate that with something artificial in the water that causes injury, like an underwater mine or something

Status
Not open for further replies.