• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

dub Team Rocket

best dub version of TR

• 4Kids

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Pokemon USA

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Both

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The 4Kids version after Ted Lewis voiced James, and before Eric Stuart lost the plot.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
4kids, I think that just suits them better.

Crystal Clair

The 4kids version when James sounded the closest to Kojirou
I thought he sounded closest in the old episodes like in the Tower of Terror or even old old school James.
I really like Miki Shinichirou! Better than Ted or Eric.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I liked Inuko Inuyama, and Maddie's Meowth equally.

Zoppi is okay, partially because he sounds alot like Meowth's first english VA...who was some guy.

OI-Early Johto James was great, but fizzled out. Zoppi's James is cute, and slightly better then late Eric was. Miki is cool.

Jessie's equal throughout her voices.

Shift

I'll learn you good!
I like both Jessies pretty well. I've enjoyed all 3 other the English Meowths during their reign, each with their own charm, though Blaustine's version seems the most akin to his character. I never had a real opinion on Lewis' James, but it wasn't my favorite. I really liked Stewart's James from Kanto to early Johto, but it completely snowballed after that and pretty much because unbearable; Zoppi's version has been like a breath of fresh air. Anyway, their pretty equal in my heart with a few highs and lows between them.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
4kids version by far.

That said, the PUSA voices are doing really well and Meowth especially has improved tremendously since the beginning. James is a completely different take on the character, so whatever.

Pikalover

Ahh, true love ^_^
I like 4kids best. James definitely had the best voice with 4kids, and so did Meowth. Jessie has a similar voice with both (and I never liked her character anyway :p). I really just cannot get used to the new James and Meowth. Don't get me wrong, I think the new guy does a good job voicing them; I honestly just can't get used to the new voices. They're too different :(

Ampris

Slip slidin'
What Gravy said. >_>

Ted Lewis wasn't great, and Eric Stuart's James voice from Kanto through Johto remains my favorite for the character ever (even counting Miki Shinichirou). But right at the end of Mater Quest, something went horribly wrong. Nearly every time James opened his mouth in AG, I wanted to cringe, and when the VAs changed, James was the only character I wasn't too upset about beforehand because I hated Stuart's AG version so much. It was huge disappointement when his new voice sounded just as bad or worse.

Rachel Lillis' Jessie was always terrific (bar the first, I dunno, ten episodes or so), and she was easily my favorite voice on the show. Maddie's Meowth was brilliant as well, and they both top the TAJ voices for me. I still really miss those two, as they just fit their respective characters perfectly. :(

And I don't mean to demean the new actors or anything with this, because they're trying hard and making progress.