1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dub Title Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KibaLG8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ There's no tina

2. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

3. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

4. Pokegirl0102

Pokegirl0102 Well-Known Member

I hope these gets published online then, i need my English Pokemon fix and of course im dying to hear the new theme

5. NPT

NPT Just a member

Those titles though! I like SM045's dub title the most.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  6. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

I once saw a meme that said "My dream job: Pokémon episode namer", and it named some of the funnier dub episode titles like On a Wingull and a Prayer.

7. Pokegirl0102

I must say i love the new opening, it is very different for Pokemon and you guys can find it on Youtube if you want to give it a listen

8. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

SM052: Revealing the Stuff of Legend!
    Airs: April 7
    Source: DisneyXD Calendar

9. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

That is literally the most laziest opening since Sinnoh League Victors. All they say is the four Tapu’s names followed by eight words almost rhyme with each other followed by some hard-to-hear words and then Alola. I can’t believe they actually accomplished that.

10. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Ugh, episodes have been uploaded and it's the expected onslaught.

I was surprised they didn't even keep Lillie's theme for the diary entries since they usually keep the regular riffs for recurring events. Hell they didn't even keep the TR motto theme for episode 49 and that's one of their rare consistencies. Seriously, you SUCK, TPCI.

The "Stuff"? I don't know why but that just sounds derpy.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  11. Pokegirl0102

Where did you watch the episodes, they are not up on the sites i usually watch

12. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

I'm not sure how I feel about the new opening....its just so off for Pokemon, its got that early 2000's R and B vibe to it. Which I don't mind, but for a pokemon theme, it just doesn't feel right.

Wish the new episode would hurry up and air though, or at least appear online.

13. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

After seeing this comment, I had to look it up and I was pleasantly surprised. It is something completely new for Pokémon. I like the contrast between the under the Alolan Moon and the Alolan Sun from the the first opening.

14. Pokegirl Fan~

I'm indifferent to the new opening; it could have been better and it's hard to understand what is being sung imo

15. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

I do feel S21's dub opening is definitely one of the worst. I already hated S20's opening "Under The Alolan Sun" due to how peppy and unfitting it was for the anime, and suggested being aimed at too young of an audience. I have a notable disdain to the SM series due to the bad handling of the companions (the girls still all haven't gotten a second Pokemon) and Ash getting too much special treatment that he's stealing attention from everyone else, all because he's the stupid main protagonist.

16. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

If someone is interested, TPCi has hit a new low with this season so far in terms of bgm. These first 8 episodes have the worst numbers ever.

So yeah, we're in front of a bright future.

teddybeardan likes this.
  17. NPT

NPT Just a member

Damn, the new dub opening is horrible. It's even worse than Under the Alolan Sun.

Yeah... a "bright" future full of 1/XX and 2/XX episodes. It's sad, really.

teddybeardan likes this.
  18. Pokegirl Fan~

SM053: Rescuing the Unwilling!
    Airs on April 14
    Source: Zap2it

SM054: 10,000,000 Reasons to Fight!
    Airs on April 21

SM055: The Professors' New Adventure!
    Airs on April 28

Credit goes to abcboy from Bulbagarden forums.

19. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

SM054's is the laziest, cringiest title of them all.

20. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Did they really find 10 million reasons in just 20 minutes?

Even after the week of new episodes, I could still see Disney XD doing a Summer marathon to further shorten the gap between US and Japan, because even then, we're still a decent amount away. 17 episodes away, that is.