• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I figured the video was typical clickbait, it's just that this YouTuber often does reports on performances of ratings on cartoon-based channels, and he's feeling sceptical about what Disney XD may be going through after shows such as Star Vs The Forces of Evil moved to the main Disney Channel. Maybe in Star's case, it must have been a very popular show in the ratings to somehow warrant that move.
Star vs. the Forces of Evil still airs its new episodes Saturday mornings at 11 on Disney XD. Only reruns are on Disney Channel.

EDIT: okay, never mind, while what I said is true, I did just read the article saying it's moving to Disney Channel for Season 4. Season 3 is what is currently airing on Disney XD.

I am surprised it is moving. However, it was the only show on Disney XD with a girl as the #1 main character, and all the rest of the shows on Disney XD have guys as their main characters.

And currently all shows on Disney Channel have girls as their main characters. So I've always thought Star would fit in more on Disney Channel anyway. But I still am surprised. Either way, I don't think this says anything about Pokémon though. Still no need to worry.

SECOND EDIT: I just thought of this: this reminds me of when Supergirl moved from CBS to The CW after Season 1. At the time, people thought that it meant the end of Supergirl, or something, but it was just that the show fit in better with The CW's superhero lineup. Yesterday, multiple years later, Supergirl was renewed for another season yet again, and CBS and The CW are both operating fine with neither one close to ending as a channel.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Did anyone see this April Fools post by the official Youtube channel by the way?:

I don't think TPCI has done a lot of stuff with social media. While I'm still not a fan of the dub, I can appreciate them actually going out of their way to do something funny for Western fans.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wow. DuckTales is moving to Disney Channel...... ok I have to admit I'm a bit stunned o_O

I'll say this though @OshyHikari im not worried about Pokémon. It's popular enough that it'll end up somewhere. It's definitely not going to be left without a TV home at all.

Wow, just back-to-back bad news in this thread from me today. I woke up at 9 just now to watch Pokémon only to find out I've missed it and it was at 8:30 this morning?? I'm surprised no one in this thread said anything beforehand.. usually someone does, like @Vipsoccermaster .

Great, I'll have to catch the afternoon re-air. And it's not even for a good reason that it was at 8:30 either, it was just so that they can air Brave 9-11 leading into the season finale of Star at 11. I love Brave, but like what?? Why change timeslots of other new episodes?

Anyway, for right now the guide for next week says 9:00 again, but i'd best check it again Friday night before going to sleep.. who knows what's going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Disney might just be preparing to shut down its XD division and moving all the popular stuff to Disney's main channel. Of course, Pokemon might have got pushed forward today cause of Star's season finale.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Since Netflix has Sun & Moon on its servers I decided to start watching the series as a whole. I'll admit I was skeptical at first but it's a decent show that has a certain charm to it.

Plus I can't watch the show while playing my 3DS.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@LilligantLewis: Sorry, I have noticed the change but didn't bother mentioning it here. The time change for this episode was odd, but that doesn't really bother me since I have the season to record the episodes as it airs.
You don't have to apologize! It's just that I'm used to you pointing it out when there's a time change, so when you didn't mention it, I just didn't even bother looking it up, and just assumed it's 9 lol. It's totally on me to check on my own rather than relying on you lol. I was just used to it.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
SM056: Let Sleeping Pokemon Lie
Airs: May 5
Source: Disney XD Calendar

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
The titles are getting stale for me at least. They should be based on something that isn't some idiom or saying or just sounds nonsense but still does reflect the main content of the episode.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
And on the "R.I.P. Disney XD?" topic, it looks like another video covering the speculation has surfaced:

DuckTales is now the latest casualty of the Disney XD to main channel jump. Pokemon is still something I don't see worthy enough for the main channel due to not being a Disney property, so maybe the rest of SM might be Netflix-only in the US if XD's death is confirmed, unless if Pokemon is planned to stay on what replaces it in such an instance.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@Pokegirl Fan~ I'm trying to stay positive like you, I really am, but could you please provide a bit more detailed thoughts to help me stay more positive? DuckTales is leaving Disney XD which totally stuns me. isn't that one of their biggest properties?

What are your thoughts on what all these shows leaving Disney XD means for it?

Also, could you please provide me to a link about the renewal, I hadn't heard of that. Thanks!

mockingjay

swift and lol
so who from the company approved the new opening????

the openings have been pretty subpar since diamond/pearl but sun/moon’s opening was fun and fit the tone of the show pretty well. this second opening is just messy, uninspired and most of all embarrassing.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
@Pokegirl Fan~ I'm trying to stay positive like you, I really am, but could you please provide a bit more detailed thoughts to help me stay more positive? DuckTales is leaving Disney XD which totally stuns me. isn't that one of their biggest properties?

What are your thoughts on what all these shows leaving Disney XD means for it?

Also, could you please provide me to a link about the renewal, I hadn't heard of that. Thanks!
I just don't think that Disney xD can violate their contract with TPCI while the dub is in midseason, so it won't be happening until the end of the season which is still a long time away. Besides I won't believe that they'r shutting down the network unless they outright say they are.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
@Pokegirl Fan~ okay, that's fair. To be honest, I was only thinking of the future, not this season, and your words didn't really help me get over that, but I appreciate the additional insight.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
SM057: The Dex Can't Help It!
Source: Itunes

SM058: Fighting Back The Tears!

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
SM057: The Dex Can't Help It!
It's cool that episode 1000 (Serebii numbering) airs May 12, the one-year anniversary of the SM premiere on Disney XD.

(Remember, even though episodes 1&2 first aired December 2016 to coincide with the games' release, that was when XY&Z was still going on on Cartoon Network. They then re-aired Friday night, May 12, 2017, at 9 & 9:30, to kick off the weeklong bomb.)