• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Alola to New Adventure!
The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair!
Dewpider Ascending!
Really amazing titles I must say. Now I just wonder who came up with them.

Vipsoccermaster

The movie, The Power of Us, will air on Disney XD on Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 7:00 PM local time. This is a chance to see the movie if you didn't (or chose not to) go to the theater to see it right away.

Source: Disney XD Calendar

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The movie, The Power of Us, will air on Disney XD on Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 7:00 PM local time. This is a chance to see the movie if you didn't (or chose not to) go to the theater to see it right away.

Source: Disney XD Calendar
Looking at the TV guide, I'm surprised there's not a marathon of episodes leading upto, or coming out of, the premiere -- I feel like Disney XD usually does that when they air the movies.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
SM086 is airing on January 12, meaning that there's a one-week break on January 5.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
So we're not going to deal with the 2-4 month hiatus at the beginning of the year?
I think that hiatus might still happen between Season 21 and Season 22, but the difference this year as opposed to last year is that Season 21 is still ongoing into the new year. This is because of the 43-day hiatus we randomly had this year from May to July with no explanation, which was the longest midseason hiatus since DP024 aired on Monday, July 16, 2007, and DP025 aired on Saturday, September 1, 2007. Also, the between-seasons hiatus doesn't always happen at the very beginning of the year as you suggest: for example in 2017 between Seasons 19 and 20, the hiatus was from February to May. For example the hiatus might still end up being at the exact same months in 2019, who knows.

I think the January 5 break is just a holiday break, but why they didn't take it on either December 22 or 29, when people are more likely to be on vacation and/or otherwise unable to watch, is beyond me.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
SM082: All They Want to Do is Dance Dance!
Okay, after watching this episode, HOW did they not stick with the Japanese pun title of Dance Dance Evolution!!! That would have been SO good!!!!

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Okay, after watching this episode, HOW did they not stick with the Japanese pun title of Dance Dance Evolution!!! That would have been SO good!!!!
To avoid copyright claims probably.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
To avoid copyright claims probably.
I find that unlikely, being that practically every dub title is just as blatant of a reference to something else. Heck, "Dance Dance Evolution" sounds like a dub title to me. If "They Might Not Be Giants!" or "Dummy, You Shrunk the Kids!" will go through, I don't think "Dance Dance Evolution" would get them in trouble.

...Though funnily enough, I'm not sure that pun was even intentional. The Japanese phrasing... Sure, it has "Dance Dance" in it, but "Evolution" was in Japanese, so if it was indeed meant to be a reference all along, it was a reference that somehow managed to work far better in the translation than in the original Japanese.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Vipsoccermaster

SM086 is airing on January 12, meaning that there's a one-week break on January 5.
Yup. No episode on Saturday, January 5, 2019. Japan will not have an episode on Sunday, December 30, 2018, either. Both of these dates are in the same week, but different month, day, and year.

SM087: Filling the Light with Darkness!
Saturday, January 19, 2019.

SM088: Full Moon and Many Arms!
Saturday, January 26, 2019.

SM089: The Prism Between Light and Darkness!
Likely Saturday, February 2, 2019. If so, then SM90 should be the last episode of Season 21 and should air on Saturday, February 9, 2019.

Season 19 ended late January 2017. Season 20 began mid-May 2017. Season 20 ended early December 2017. Season 21 began late March 2018. Season 21 is on track to end in early February 2019. Season 22 might not begin until May 2019. Whenever Season 22 begins, it's still possible for a marathon of episodes. On Saturday, July 1, 2017, Disney XD premiered six new episodes, all on that day. In the final week of March 2018, Disney XD premiered eight new episodes, once a day from Saturday, March 24, 2018 to Saturday, March 31, 2018.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Episode 90 was the end of an arc, it was the last episode aired on Thursday, it was the last episode featuring Mirai Connection as the theme song, and it was followed by a three week break. There is literally no other episode that it would even make sense to end the "Ultra Adventures" season on, unless they want to keep it running for the rest of Gen 7.

EDIT: Oh, and it also had a special ending. Or rather, episode 90 didn't have the normal opening sequence, instead integrating the opening sequence into the end. Which I'm still wondering how the dub will handle... though the most likely answer to that is that they'll play the sequence with some sort of instrumental track, because them actually playing Mirai Connection is exceedingly unlikely, and neither of the Sun & Moon dub openings really fit the bill at all. (Under the Alolan Sun is too goofy, and Under the Alolan Moon is far too dreary.)

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Dub seasons don't always end at the end of major arcs just look at Season 17 for a recent example.