• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I'm curious on the future of the dub since things look bad. The fact the movie is on Netflix before Disney and the fact Disney tends to drop it's anime after a few years makes it look like the future is uncertain. Not to mention we all know TPCI won't do anything that costs them money with the anime since they like the dub to be as cheap as possible. I guess releasing 13 episodes in batches 4 times a year could work but the fact the English Twitter talked about the Coco movie BEFORE Mewtwo and the fact the latter is getting a sub release it makes me wonder if Pokemon on cable is dead and the release will be an official subbed version with a possible dub on Pokemon TV only. I feel in the past people would know about the new season by now. I saw a few rumors about the dub being moved to LA and as much as I want that to happen since I feel LA actors are better than NYC ones for VA work I'm unsure if it is anything more than people wishing for it only.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Just take the dub voice actors from the new Beyblade and import them all to the Pokemon anime. The chances of giving the likes of Lillie such an atrocious dub voice choice would disappear for good.
NYC actors are better for broadway while LA is better for animation imo. People can hate 4Kids but most of the voices and writing was in a way fitting. Brooklyn Wheeler in Yugioh sounded more natural than Lillie ever could.

RetroPokeFan

And it's now out on Netflix.

https://twitter.com/pkmndub/status/1232940090999148544?s=21

Couple of things worth pointing out:

- The Japanese BGM music has been kept as is.

- Michael Liscio Jr isn't in the cast so it's possible Ted Lewis got the role of Corey back besides his usual role of Giovanni.

- Opening and ending songs have been replaced with a new one sung by Haven Paschall on not just the English track but also Japanese and even Chinese.

- Subtitles are English CC with no specific subs of any kind.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
The dub seems to be everything I had hoped for. I honestly didn't expect the score to be left intact... was Goldfarb on vacation again?:p

...The fact that the Japanese track lacks MPM and Kaze to Issho ni is extremely irritating though. I can let it slide with the dub... but the dub Pokémon theme has no place in the Japanese version.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
>No music changes at all outside the OPED.
Unexpected but absolutely welcome. And I hear the dub script is actually a faithful translation... even for Team Rocket's lines. Even more unexpected but absolutely welcome.

Well... there are like five lines referencing the 4Kids dub. But I can live with that. This dub seems to be pretty much exactly what I'd hoped for.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
The dub seems to be everything I had hoped for. I honestly didn't expect the score to be left intact... was Goldfarb on vacation again?:p

...The fact that the Japanese track lacks MPM and Kaze to Issho ni is extremely irritating though. I can let it slide with the dub... but the dub Pokémon theme has no place in the Japanese version.
I'm hoping he was fired or actually realized how hated his music is. The excuse people use that it is a kid's show to excuse the lack off effort always bugged me since it is implying kid's don't have standards but I remember as a kid having them and I know younger kids who even say the dub score is cringy

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I'm hoping he was fired or actually realized how hated his music is. The excuse people use that it is a kid's show to excuse the lack off effort always bugged me since it is implying kid's don't have standards but I remember as a kid having them and I know younger kids who even say the dub score is cringy
He was not fired, I'm pretty sure of that. And from what I have heard from people who have spoken to him, he actually likes Miyazaki's work and would rather the dub kept it, but he gotta take whatever work he can get, y'know? Oh, and... he still composed a new ending theme. So yeah. Definitely not fired.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
He was not fired, I'm pretty sure of that. And from what I have heard from people who have spoken to him, he actually likes Miyazaki's work and would rather the dub kept it, but he gotta take whatever work he can get, y'know? Oh, and... he still composed a new ending theme. So yeah. Definitely not fired.
Well in that case I guess the people saying he hates the japanese and make him out to be a god are not people he agrees with which makes my dislike from him lessen. It is just cringy seeing certain people on Twitter well one mostly raise him like he is a legit God and everyone who likes the japanese music wrong.

Started the new movie and I am glad the jap music was kept but the acting even seems better so if they can keep this up for PKMN19 I'm ready to go back to the dub weekly. :)

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So we didn't get the announcement of the new series for the dub. Wonder when we will now considering its ending next week *sobs*
It is likely in the process of finding a new home so no info will drop prior. Did some research about anime on DXD and they tend to drop it after a few years. They got Pokemon in 2016 so it is very possible they did not renew the license to keep it for whatever reason. Would also explain why the new movie was delayed so long and did Netflix before DXD. Of course this is not confirmed but it is very suspicious. I feel the anime would do better on Netflix just due to less people owning cable and DXD never being super popular even with cable owners. I'm also curious if the new movie having subbed option is hinting at them doing that with japanese releases for the series. It would have been nice to get info but I can understand why we did not get any if changes are being made

Sham

The Guardian of War
It is likely in the process of finding a new home so no info will drop prior. Did some research about anime on DXD and they tend to drop it after a few years. They got Pokemon in 2016 so it is very possible they did not renew the license to keep it for whatever reason. Would also explain why the new movie was delayed so long and did Netflix before DXD. Of course this is not confirmed but it is very suspicious. I feel the anime would do better on Netflix just due to less people owning cable and DXD never being super popular even with cable owners. I'm also curious if the new movie having subbed option is hinting at them doing that with japanese releases for the series. It would have been nice to get info but I can understand why we did not get any if changes are being made
Netflix has always given the option (for the most part) to just have the sub version than the dub. They have that with SOA and Naruto etc. So I don’t think that was TCPi but mostly a Netflix decision.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Netflix has always given the option (for the most part) to just have the sub version than the dub. They have that with SOA and Naruto etc. So I don’t think that was TCPi but mostly a Netflix decision.
Still since it was never a thing with Pokémon it’s still sucpicious