• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Trey pokes

Don't mind me. Just wanted to let y'all know that, you guys were right, this finale was so GOOD! Tears, emotions, and just the very thought of what this meant to me. Amazing! Now the wait for S23 begins and I have but one question: will the Dub continue airing on Disney XD or will it move to say Netflix possibly because of M22 being there? Discuss

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Sincerely only the soundtrack was bad
Even the VA was nice, Ash sounded like he was about to cry then he was talking about Rowlet and the others. Let's not talk about Lillie, but well, it was the last time
I just didn't understand why they didn't put the credits in the ending itself. They did that in the "opening" and in XY finale, why not this time?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I thought the emotion was TOO much actually. Kukui and Burnet were acting more emotional than Delia, Ash's actual mother, usually does.

I've always found Burnett as a mother figure a little awkward, given Ash has an actual mother, unlike Kukui as a father figure, but to be fair, Delia is used to Ash going off, and knows that he'll always come back eventually. This is Burnet's first time, and Ash is never going to come back for anything more than a short visit, if that.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It is too much. Ash already had a mother and a far superior father figure back home in Professor Oak

Leonhart

Imagineer
RafaSceptile said:
How is Professor Oak a far superior father figure?
I'm pretty sure Professor Kukui has more appearences during SM than Professor Oak in 22 long years

I suppose it's just a matter of personal opinion, but Okido-hakase has known Satoshi longer than Kukui-hakase has, so I've always assumed that Okido-hakase and Satoshi had more time to interact with each other off-screen while Satoshi still lived in Masara Town as a young child.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I suppose it's just a matter of personal opinion, but Okido-hakase has known Satoshi longer than Kukui-hakase has, so I've always assumed that Okido-hakase and Satoshi had more time to interact with each other off-screen while Satoshi still lived in Masara Town as a young child.
Except when
he missed the summer camp

EDIT:
Qtiroz6.png

They wouldn't say this if the new season wasn't going to be dubbed
Like they say, let's stay tuned(even if I don't care that much about the dub)

Last edited:

Trey pokes

What Will Koharu, Go, Sakuragi, and any of the others be called? We won't know for a while. I really am curious as to how they'll approach this series since unlike SM or any past gen, this one is completely different.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Trey pokes said:
What Will Koharu, Go, Sakuragi, and any of the others be called? We won't know for a while. I really am curious as to how they'll approach this series since unlike SM or any past gen, this one is completely different.

I've been thinking about possible dub names for Gou, and I still think that Hunter could work since it would suit his character while not being too out of left field. I've also been considering the name Tracker. Either way I don't think he'll keep his original name.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I feel like Go's name will stay the same tbh. It's pretty universal.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I feel that it's not very English-sounding. They'll probably change him to something like "Joe", which does rhyme with "Go".

Go is literally a word in English and the name of a very popular English game lol.