1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dub Title Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KibaLG8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ There's no tina

And Team Rocket's English vas too.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

Tbh I do agree that Meowth sounds bad in Japanese.

3. Ryu Taylor

Ryu Taylor Unwavering beliefs

That voice is literal torture. Like, what kind of psychopath would allow that kind of sound on national TV?

keepitsimple and Dragalge like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

It's an acquired taste I admit, and it takes some getting used to. But I still think that Inuko Inuyama's version of Nyasu makes more sense than the English dub's Nyasu's Brooklyn accent [with Yiddish undertones]. It makes no sense to me that Nyasu in the English dub learned to speak with an accent that wasn't used by anyone around him based on what we saw in EP070.

Ubermuk likes this.
  5. Ryu Taylor

True, but that's a thing in many shows. How'd Michelangelo, a turtle raised by a Japanese man-turned-rat in the heart of NYC, learn California surfer talk?

LilligantLewis and Applecorp like this.
  6. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: ???

The epic movie soundtracks at Miyazaki's hand helped a lot too
    I hope Hayashi does the same starting with Coco

Applecorp likes this.
  7. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Admiral Centiskorch

it's me, I'm the psychopath who allowed that sound to play on tv

8. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

guys this conversation has nothing to do with dub titles. pls ping me when we know the title of PM001. lol

9. Trey pokes

Trey pokes Well-Known Member

We still waiting man. That announcement must come some time this month!

Leonhart, LilligantLewis and mehmeh1 like this.
  10. KingMinun

KingMinun Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Possibly even longer wait no due to Covid-19

KenzeyEevee, Trey pokes and Leonhart like this.
  11. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

At this rate, we truly will be half a year or more behind in episodes; a new record in itself. Japan doesn't seem to be stopping its weekly release schedule any (for now). Unless the dub is planning to release like a marathon of new episodes (like 8 or so), things don't look good for the new saga for Western audiences. (Kind of ironic we have Pokemon: Twilight Wings to hold us over.)

So I hope you all can stomach celebrating new main entries in animated form...6 months later.

12. Ryu Taylor

Hasn't stopped me before and it won't now.

13. The dub has to really express me to care about it again

14. LilligantLewis

Dude what exactly do you mean by a new record? You keep saying this in multiple posts.. we started more than a year behind Japan at the beginning, and remained that way for several years.....

Trey pokes, KenzeyEevee and Dragalge like this.
  15. AuraChannelerChris

In that case, tell me when we have been so far behind in episodes more than previous times before until it gets worse.

16. LilligantLewis

Are you asking when did the gap decrease, increase, then decrease again? Is your worry that an increase in the gap means it can't decrease again?

Ubermuk likes this.
  17. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Just a reminder that X and Y ended mid-January, and we didn't get Sun and Moon until mid-May. Yes, the wait sucks, but we're not at the point where anything is unusual yet. Also, Disney XD has been pretty good about doing a session of episodes every day for a week in order to make sure we don't fall too far behind after a break, so something like that can probably be expected to happen again so we don't fall too behind.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  18. AuraChannelerChris

There we go.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  19. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

I mean, the more time they have, the better for the final product to end up as different as possible compared to the original. That's what they want after all. And since the regular dub watcher is happy with this situation, I see no problem.

20. AuraChannelerChris

Though, realistically speaking, I don't think the studio will be able to debut more than what they used to with the pandemic going on (or probably not even debut in mid-May). It really, really doesn't help several voice actors live in NY; the most affected city. They really have to be extremely careful over there.