• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
It makes no sense to me that Meowth in the English dub learned to speak with an accent that wasn't used by anyone around him based on what we saw in EP070.
True, but that's a thing in many shows. How'd Michelangelo, a turtle raised by a Japanese man-turned-rat in the heart of NYC, learn California surfer talk?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I dunno why folks think that Miyazaki's score is super amazing compared to Hayashi's. Sure Miyazaki has more experience and he was a staple of the show since Kanto but I think Hayashi's music is good enough.

I don't want to get into an argument about Goldfarb's music even though I do think he's one of the better dub music composers. So that's my greatest compliment for him lol.
The epic movie soundtracks at Miyazaki's hand helped a lot too
I hope Hayashi does the same starting with Coco

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
guys this conversation has nothing to do with dub titles. pls ping me when we know the title of PM001. lol

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
At this rate, we truly will be half a year or more behind in episodes; a new record in itself. Japan doesn't seem to be stopping its weekly release schedule any (for now). Unless the dub is planning to release like a marathon of new episodes (like 8 or so), things don't look good for the new saga for Western audiences. (Kind of ironic we have Pokemon: Twilight Wings to hold us over.)

So I hope you all can stomach celebrating new main entries in animated form...6 months later.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
At this rate, we truly will be half a year or more behind in episodes; a new record in itself.
Dude what exactly do you mean by a new record? You keep saying this in multiple posts.. we started more than a year behind Japan at the beginning, and remained that way for several years.....

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
In that case, tell me when we have been so far behind in episodes more than previous times before until it gets worse.
Are you asking when did the gap decrease, increase, then decrease again? Is your worry that an increase in the gap means it can't decrease again?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just a reminder that X and Y ended mid-January, and we didn't get Sun and Moon until mid-May. Yes, the wait sucks, but we're not at the point where anything is unusual yet. Also, Disney XD has been pretty good about doing a session of episodes every day for a week in order to make sure we don't fall too far behind after a break, so something like that can probably be expected to happen again so we don't fall too behind.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Just a reminder that X and Y ended mid-January, and we didn't get Sun and Moon until mid-May. Yes, the wait sucks, but we're not at the point where anything is unusual yet. Also, Disney XD has been pretty good about doing a session of episodes every day for a week in order to make sure we don't fall too far behind after a break, so something like that can probably be expected to happen again so we don't fall too behind.
There we go.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It's going to be weird to call Go/Koharu/etc by others names if they do change them

just like it was weird to call Haruka by another name? and Hikari? and Shinji? and Dent?

Citron and Ash's classmates in SM didn't have the same issue since the games started coming out globally at the same time, so we knew their names from the games. However, it's not a new issue

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
just like it was weird to call Haruka by another name? and Hikari? and Shinji? and Dent?

Citron and Ash's classmates in SM didn't have the same issue since the games started coming out globally at the same time, so we knew their names from the games. However, it's not a new issue
I feel like it's actually way more pronounced this time though because... in the time of AG and D&P, the Japanese version was significantly harder to get a hold of than it is now. Both for the show and for the games. BW... I'm less sure how that would have played out. Though I do hear that some people were upset that the English version renamed the region from Isshu to Unova.