• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Wow. They got Cherami Leigh. She's using her Asuna voice.

This dub suddenly got so much better. Like, holy crap.
I haven't watched SAO in forever and refuse to touch it again but she sounds more like Lucy from Fairy Tail tbh. Unless her and Asuna sound the same idk.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Another dub season, another dub opening ruined by the 30 second format.

I haven't been annoyed by this in years because all the SM dub openings are bad and the less I hear them, the better. But now we have another song that had potential, but was shot dead before it could get going.

That being said, the gag of Ash being startled by the logo and falling over was nice. It's rare to see TCPi be clever with their edits.

ShadowForce720

Goldfarb magic at it again?

The opening being 30 seconds long has nothing to do with Goldfarb as they likely don’t really have anything to do with the length of the opening.

The reason the opening is 30 seconds long is more likely do to the English Networks that air the shows probably enforcing the 30 seconds limit for the ending as being the standard maximum time for an opening to take.

I mean heck if you actually look at the shows these days that air in the US and other English speaking countries the vast majority of shows with some exceptions don’t have that much of an opening.

Also the opening isn’t done by Goldfarb this time.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Why does Chloe sound like the same actress who voices Sarada in the Boruto dub hm

EDIT: it is the same actress. I really hope she isn’t a one note pony and is able to actually change her voice so it’s no so close to Sarada. Hope we don’t have another Michele Knotz

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Why does Chloe sound like the same actress who voices Sarada in the Boruto dub hm

EDIT: it is the same actress. I really hope she isn’t a one note pony and is able to actually change her voice so it’s no so close to Sarada. Hope we don’t have another Michele Knotz
It's not like Cherami is stuck using the same range. The difference is rather stark when she voiced Mae, Cecilia, and Rhea in Fire Emblem.

And really, after many hit-or-miss trials in this dubbed anime in particular, it's a miracle to even get Cherami at all.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Once more the opening sounds neutered. Just an additional 15 seconds would have made it good. It's an opening with good potential if it wasn't cut off abruptly.

RetroPokeFan

Goldcrest Post in NY and Iyuno Media in LA
Worth pointing out that Iyuno also distributed both A.I.C.O (the infamous Miami dub before the Bang-Zoom redub) and Revisions (Spliced Bread) for Netflix and this is their first major anime dub done by them using their LA/Burbank division.

Goldcrest Post is also a division of Goldcrest who produced films such as Chariots of Fire, The Killing Fields and some of Don Bluth’s films with them based in both New York and London.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Amazing VA for Chloe(Good name too)
Opening sucks but that's not really a surprise, is it?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Cherami Leigh is currently voicing numerous other characters. I wonder if she’s voicing Chloe because she doesn’t have all that many lines in the series which would be disheartening since that means less of her. Hopefully I’m just jumping the gun that isn’t the case

BabaVanga

Chloe is a great name, not as good as Cherry IMHO but still better than Blossom and other suggestions.
Now I'm waiting for Renji and Kikuna's English names.

NintenDuvo

Does Officer Jenny appear in this series, i would love for Megan to redeem her voice role, since the ones after her was lacking

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Holy crap, one of my guesses for Koharu's VA ended up being right! I never in a million years thought they'd get Cherami Leigh to voice a character in the Pokémon anime, but she definitely fits the role. Plus, Chloe sounds like a good dub name since it's pretty similar to her original version.

I also love the dub's new opening. The sub version is still a little catchier, but this sounds great since it has a strong tune & the lyrics aren't as corny as they were for the Alola ops. It reminds me a lot of the songs used for the Hoenn & Sinnoh sagas (not counting the DP rap). Hopefully they'll release a full version some time in the future.

Last edited: