1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Dub Title Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by KibaLG8, Jan 28, 2011.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Hey, Deku, you looking up your name on Googl-?"

Sho Suzuki and Josuke Higashikata/Ferdinand von Aegir?

That's it. This dub suddenly got a hell lot better by several miles. Unbelievable. We just need to fire Sarah and Lisa and we're golden.

Zoruagible and KenzeyEevee like this.
  2. NPT

NPT Just a member

PJ005: Mind-Boggling Dynamax!
    Airs on June 13 in Canada.

Trey pokes, RetroPokeFan and Leonhart like this.
  3. NintenDuvo

NintenDuvo Member

Canada must taking a break?

4. Trey pokes

Trey pokes Well-Known Member

Canadian here. Looks like we are. So comes June 12th, we'll get episodes 5-12 instead.

5. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Pokeball Rank Trainer

Personally, I’m hoping they’ll air episode 13+ after that partly to see if they’ll go past Netflix’s plan to release 12 episodes every couple of months, and partly to see if they’ll air episodes 23-24 in case the anime doesn’t return in Japan until next year.

It’s most likely they’ll stop after episode 12, but it would be nice to see if they go past that

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  6. NintenDuvo

NintenDuvo Member

Whoa Canada is going to air that many episodes in one day/week ???

7. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Episode 3 of Journeys sees another original VA coming back - Tara Sands (the original Bulbasaur and Mokuba).

[​IMG] Also from what I heard it seems we get Emily Bauer (Emily Jenness) as Officer Jenny and both Billy Kametz and Erica Schroeder as the Rotom phones - Billy for Ash, Erica for Goh.

Also no screechy voices either... thank god.

KenzeyEevee and Mr.Munchlax like this.
  8. AuraChannelerChris

Eh. Both Emily and Erica Schroeder have been with this dub for a long time now playing Pokemon voices. Their voice cast roles aren't something to write home about.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  9. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Pokeball Rank Trainer

Now that Tara Jaynes is working on the dub again, I’m REALLY hoping Richie returns in the anime so she can voice him again

BabaVanga, Leonhart and Trey pokes like this.
  10. AuraChannelerChris

Japanese side is the top brass, and they dislike to really exploit the juicy continuity potential.

11. Sham

Sham Useful

They should let anime original characters return again such as Ritchie, Paul etc since they seem deadset on creating original characters than showcasing game based ones when they go on these trips barring Galar.

12. NintenDuvo

NintenDuvo Member

Yeah if i were the writers, i would use the traveling the regions thing to visit anime original characters of the past

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  13. LuxerWap

LuxerWap The Green Husky with a Broken Tail

Woo! Managed to watch all three episodes of the new dub and I am excited to see more soon!

- The new intro rocked, and I heard that there’s gonna be a full version of it coming soon, so I am excited to hear it! It’s been years since we got full version of the dub openings!

- The new Goldfarb scores are pretty good and as always, fits very well with the show. A lottle surprised that they still kept the “Revealed Pokémon” theme from “Who’s That Pokémon?!” from XY and SM.

- I also like the new cast in the series. Goh’s voice is cool and Chloe’s voice is also amazing! I need to do much more research on the cast to see who they also voiced in other shows.

Overall, I enjoyed this new series and the dub. I’m pretty biased as hell, but who cares! This is magnificent!

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  14. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

No, he's talking about Netflix US.

Trey pokes and KenzeyEevee like this.
  15. UnovaMaster

UnovaMaster Well-Known Member

JN006: Working My Way Back to Mew!
    Airs on June 27 on Teletoon
    "With Scorbunny by his side, Goh decides on a new goal—catch every kind of Pokémon!"
    Source: TV Passport

I KEEP WORKING MY WAY BACK TO MEW BABE, WITH A BURNING LOVE INSIDE

Trey pokes likes this.
  16. XY Rules

XY Rules Pokemon Master

No, because Sarah’s Ash has always been a million times better than Veronica’s. Made him sound like a little girl with a head cold...

LilligantLewis likes this.
  17. AuraChannelerChris

Sarah's Ash sounds like a weird 16-year old.

Vero's Ash actually sounded like a real 10-year old...and Vero's older than Sarah, which is rather impressive. Hell, she's older now, but she hasn't lost her touch doing his voice one bit.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  18. Ryu Taylor

Ryu Taylor Unwavering beliefs

While I will say Veronica did great as Ash, Sarah is indeed better for the part. As many others have said, she makes him sound his actual age with an energetic performance that basically sounds like a not-annoying version of how Rica Matsumoto does it.

19. UnovaMaster

UnovaMaster Well-Known Member

JN007: Serving Up The Flute Cup!
    JN008: A Sinnoh Iceberg Race!
    JNoo9: Finding a Legend!
    JN010: A Test in Paradise!
    JN011: Best Friend...Worst Nightmare!
    JNo12: Flash of the Titans!

20. Not bad not bad

LilligantLewis likes this.