• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dub Title Thread

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
If we're talking about VAs

Casey Mongillo and Billy Kametz join the show, with Casey being credited as a main VA.
Sho Suzuki and Josuke Higashikata/Ferdinand von Aegir?

That's it. This dub suddenly got a hell lot better by several miles. Unbelievable. We just need to fire Sarah and Lisa and we're golden.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Canadian here. Looks like we are. So comes June 12th, we'll get episodes 5-12 instead.
Personally, I’m hoping they’ll air episode 13+ after that partly to see if they’ll go past Netflix’s plan to release 12 episodes every couple of months, and partly to see if they’ll air episodes 23-24 in case the anime doesn’t return in Japan until next year.

It’s most likely they’ll stop after episode 12, but it would be nice to see if they go past that

Last edited:

RetroPokeFan

Episode 3 of Journeys sees another original VA coming back - Tara Sands (the original Bulbasaur and Mokuba).

Also from what I heard it seems we get Emily Bauer (Emily Jenness) as Officer Jenny and both Billy Kametz and Erica Schroeder as the Rotom phones - Billy for Ash, Erica for Goh.

Also no screechy voices either... thank god.

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Eh. Both Emily and Erica Schroeder have been with this dub for a long time now playing Pokemon voices. Their voice cast roles aren't something to write home about.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Now that Tara Jaynes is working on the dub again, I’m REALLY hoping Richie returns in the anime so she can voice him again

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
Now that Tara Jaynes is working on the dub again, I’m REALLY hoping Richie returns in the anime so she can voice him again
Japanese side is the top brass, and they dislike to really exploit the juicy continuity potential.

LuxerWap

The Green Husky with a Broken Tail
Woo! Managed to watch all three episodes of the new dub and I am excited to see more soon!

- The new intro rocked, and I heard that there’s gonna be a full version of it coming soon, so I am excited to hear it! It’s been years since we got full version of the dub openings!

- The new Goldfarb scores are pretty good and as always, fits very well with the show. A lottle surprised that they still kept the “Revealed Pokémon” theme from “Who’s That Pokémon?!” from XY and SM.

- I also like the new cast in the series. Goh’s voice is cool and Chloe’s voice is also amazing! I need to do much more research on the cast to see who they also voiced in other shows.

Overall, I enjoyed this new series and the dub. I’m pretty biased as hell, but who cares! This is magnificent!

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

UnovaMaster

JN006: Working My Way Back to Mew!
Airs on June 27 on Teletoon
"With Scorbunny by his side, Goh decides on a new goal—catch every kind of Pokémon!"
Source: TV Passport

I KEEP WORKING MY WAY BACK TO MEW BABE, WITH A BURNING LOVE INSIDE

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Sho Suzuki and Josuke Higashikata/Ferdinand von Aegir?

That's it. This dub suddenly got a hell lot better by several miles. Unbelievable. We just need to fire Sarah and Lisa and we're golden.
No, because Sarah’s Ash has always been a million times better than Veronica’s. Made him sound like a little girl with a head cold...

AuraChannelerChris

It's potion time!
No, because Sarah’s Ash has always been a million times better than Veronica’s. Made him sound like a little girl with a head cold...
Sarah's Ash sounds like a weird 16-year old.

Vero's Ash actually sounded like a real 10-year old...and Vero's older than Sarah, which is rather impressive. Hell, she's older now, but she hasn't lost her touch doing his voice one bit.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs
While I will say Veronica did great as Ash, Sarah is indeed better for the part. As many others have said, she makes him sound his actual age with an energetic performance that basically sounds like a not-annoying version of how Rica Matsumoto does it.